"The fall of Anakin Skywalker" event

Ring
559 posts Member
I see people asking for Scoundrel events, Sith events and so on. I thought that it would be nice to add some "plot" to the game and add something like a story event. Basically the whole thing would show the path of Anakin from Jedi to Sith Lord and the reward would be Darth Vader shards (or a "dark" Anakin Skywalker character.

It could go like this:
BATTLE 1:
We start off the event with a Republic team of Anakin, Fives, Rex, the clone trooper and one other character, fighting a team of Dooku and a bunch of Geonosians. You get 2 Vader shards for this.

BATTLE 2:
Anakin and clones versus Asajj and a few Nightsisters. 5 Vader shards.

BATTLE 3:
Dooku (alone) vs Maul and Opress. 5 Vader shards.

BATTLE 4:
Anakin and Ahsoka vs boss version of Barriss. 5 Vader shards.

BATTLE 5:
Anakin (alone) vs Boss version of Dooku. 5 Vader shards.

BATTLE 6:
Sidious vs Kit Fisto. 5 Vader shards.

BATTLE 7:

All clones vs Aayla, Ima Gun Di and Eeth Koth. 5 Vader shards.

BATTLE 8:

Anakin vs Nute Gunray, Poggle and some GS. 8 Vader shards.

BATTLE 9:
Sidious and RG vs Boss Yoda. Unlock 4* Vader or 25 Vader shards.

Mind you, this is just some stuff I wrote on the bus on my way to work. It definitely needs polishing and improvement, but I think it would be a better idea than just normal themed events.

Replies

• For battle 8, you want anakin...alone...to go against a potential toon that can OHKO him... And a toon that'll give everyone offense up. Pretty sure GS and poggle will be enough to destroy anakin.

While I like the idea, the fact that practically no toon's power is scaled accordingly to film and other trustworthy media, i.e., such contradictions include Jedi being somewhat weak in this game and nobodies like GS being able to dominate a battle, makes this idea unfeasible.
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • I like it
  • There is a 'Padawan Anikan' in the game data.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Dark anakin would be awesome! Don't like the characters to farm tho eventually needs to be an event of what you have. Jedi and sith make sense for this tho!
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Omnirhyze wrote: »
    For battle 8, you want anakin...alone...to go against a potential toon that can OHKO him...

It's all a question of proper scaling. If they're lower level, undergeared or 4-5*, a lone character could take them on. And like I said before - the idea is far from perfect.
  • Ring wrote: »
    Omnirhyze wrote: »
    For battle 8, you want anakin...alone...to go against a potential toon that can OHKO him...

It's all a question of proper scaling. If they're lower level, undergeared or 4-5*, a lone character could take them on. And like I said before - the idea is far from perfect.
    And like I said before, I said I liked the idea. But it'd be pretty hard to implement this with how GOH currently is. I'm just pointing out some stuff that could be tweaked before this idea can become a reality.
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    I like the concept of this. Very nice. Using the Star Wars universe, it shouldn't be hard at all for the devs to come up with some great events.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    I like the idea. I think. In this event, are you suggesting they supply the player with the characters needed? What if the player doesn't have Rex or Aayla (for instance)? They're luck of the draw and not currently farmable. If that's the case, then yeah. Great! Although, for the 1 vs a few battles, with supplied characters, there doesn't seem to be much strategy, just more hoping for RNGesus to be on your side. If it only unlocks after the player has the required units, then not as great, but still good. Sounds like another Yoda event complaint festival this way. For the record, I have Aayla, and have about half the shards needed to unlock Rex. The idea presented sounds cool as a story mode type thing.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    This is a great idea! I'd love to recreate some of the major plot points in the saga.

Just... Let's not ever do the Geonosis arena. I have no wish to fight six thousand Geonosian Soldiers.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Nonemo wrote: »
    This is a great idea! I'd love to recreate some of the major plot points in the saga.

Just... Let's not ever do the Geonosis arena. I have no wish to fight six thousand Geonosian Soldiers.

Geonosians
    Fueling your nightmares since ep.II
  • SDziad
    150 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Nice idea, man!
    Ring wrote: »
    BATTLE 4:
    Anakin and Ahsoka vs boss version of Barriss. 5 Vader shards.
    I'm thinking that without Dark version of Barriss that battle would be very easy or very boring. (Imagine battle against boss Barriss with 99999 HP - with weaky Anakin and incredibly slow Ahsoka - you can turn on auto and go sleep, maybe 6 hours later it'll end)
    Also, would be great if the final battle could be against boss General Kenobi. Or making final battle as Vader only.
    Nonemo wrote: »

I can't stop laugh :D
    Devs should add that as Survival/Sudden Death mode, make this happen! Imagine that 1000 encounters with 6xGS per each.
  • Sean_B
    29 posts Member
    Fun idea. Good luck getting past 5 only using Anakin
  • Casual_Player
    639 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Vader, vader, vader shard everywhere.

Glad to have story based event, however is this event one way only? And is this story event live on event table(like yoda event) or completely new holotable(main holotable)?
    the cake is a lie
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    You got me at Vader shards.
  • Nice idea. Needs some fine tuning but it is a nice start. Makes me realize more how I think Vader needs some tuning. I feel like his force choke animation should be targeting a single character instead of what it does while his culling blade animation should whirl around like an AoE. Then, swap the abilities. Both are supposed to be tank like but do not share anything amongst each other as well.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • I like it

+1 I like it also.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Sounds fun!