Better balancing in grand arena

2Next

Replies

• I fought a guy last 3v3 that had double my G12's and easily 50% more zetas than I did. Cleaned his board out.

Why? Out-modded him. Doesn't matter what power his characters are if they're taking turns at half the rate you are.

My current opponent: fastest character is a 212 speed Darth Sidious. Second fastest is a G12 6E modded GMY at sub-200.

I have 28 characters over 200 speed. Not as highly geared as his best, but shouldn't matter.

I'm thinking Qi'Ra, Nest, L3 possibly as a back zone surprise?
  • Originally I thought this was like territory wars were bigger GP meant more rewards and that the goal was to find “who was the best”. Eventually to top players were to square of against each other....there were A LOT of comments about how the first arenas were a test for this....um not seeing that so much. Quite a few players have argued very passionately that I’m not really penalized for gearing grevious or the hundred or so other low level toons I have. So today I have a pretty typical matchup....I have 9 gold characters (yay up from 7!) against 33 gold characters. My worthy opponent seems to have forgotten to put gear on half his characters....why would that happen? Does he not have thousands of the gear needed to get these characters? Now many of you may think I want to be penalized for his crafty manipulation of GP. No I want him to be encouraged and rewarded to go crazy and have as high a GP as possible. He should easily have 3 times or more my GP. I want a realistic ranking system that rewards those with the best with better prizes. Really the whales should be screaming that they can’t get rewards better than some noob who just started playing last month...and maybe one day if I’m good enough and grow wisely it will mean something when I beat them.
  • Ok how about this: create a system of leagues were the top leagues get the best prizes and the bottom get the worst. Winning 1 or 2 moves you up a league 3 or 4 keeps you in same league and 5 or 6 moves you down. GP will establish were you can start the first time you enter grand arena but after that it is up to you were you go. I recommend about 20 leagues to start and maybe 5 more you can go up or down to as the game goes on.