***Why IG88 is terrible for this event explained***

Shadowscream
969 posts Member
edited December 2018
The problem with IG88:
  1. Squishy - so often dies on the initial onslaught.
  2. His AOE usual = mass counter + his death (if he’s not dead already).
  3. ROLOs leadership is active! So a mass debuffing AOE (Rapid Fire) also gives the whole enemy team up to 90% TM (if all 3 debuffs land).

So....you are in all likelihood fighting 4 vs 5 with ALL the enemy characters going next

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Only bring it, if you don't have anything better than '88 using its basic only.
  • I left him out for that reason too. I've been trying to get Chewie without a Bossk lead, and only BF at G12 and no zeta's anywhere. Kept on trying with BF, Dengar, ZW, CD, and Greedo, no joy despite a combined potency of 512%. Then during a adjustment pass noticed I'd put a crit avoidance mod on Dengar when I thought everyone had a speed arrow. Didn't help much anyway. Then I started changing the line up, first replacing Zam with IG, then for my winning run took out Cad Bane. So - BF(L), Dengar, Greedo, IG88, Zam. No zetas, Gear 12/11/11/11/11, total potency 490%. Putting in IG was the key.
  • Just FYI under a ROLO lead they can only gain 30% TM once per turn, so it can’t be 90%. But yes, 88 is not ideal for this matchup.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Only bring it, if you don't have anything better than '88 using its basic only.

LOL yeah, that will be me. My IG88 is pretty mean with his basic.