Key Strategy for beating Chewie

Darknuke
6 posts Member
edited December 2018
This was the absolute key for me and I reset every time this didn't happen. I had a pretty mediocre team with G12 Bossk (193 spd), G11 Boba (185 spd), G10 Dengar, G9 Cad, G8 Zam and it took me about 80 tries (but most were resets):

1. Invisibility has to be blocked by Dengar
2. You need Bossk to be slightly faster than Boba. This is very important.
3. Taunt with Bossk
4. Boba should come right after. Bossk cannot get stunned before Boba's turn. This includes after Bossk taunts. Use Execute on Chewie.
5. Bossk's Frenzy will proc and get another turn. Use his stun on Chewie and get 3 or 4 of your people to fire at him. If you're lucky, Dengar will proc an assist too, getting a second firing of one of your members (this happened for me on my victory w/ a Boba double attack double crit). This is the key event. If you can kill Chewie here, you're fairly golden. If you can't, you need to pray for Boba to get a double attack double crit on him because he'll start healing up otherwise.

Don't even bother with runs where you don't nearly or completely kill Chewie after step 5. Just reset and try again. My best starters were when Dengar or Zam were intro stunned. Boba and Bossk intro stuns resulted in auto-resets for me. Cad Bane I'd play it out but wasn't a preferable start.