Unpopular idea: less grand arena

Seriously, it isn't a terrible event but it is a chore. I am already burned out on it.

Replies

• Don't hit the join button...?
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Are you cracked? They put a bunch of zetas and omegas as the reward. If it flips back to slicing mats as a reward I definitely won't be joining.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Don't hit the join button...?

Or you could not post...

See that? we are both advocating the same thing and we would both be wrong...

I know it tho
  • You're getting the rewards from the TW events you're missing. You'd be doing TW's (which is just the same thing except with a whole guild) if you weren't doing GA. Plus, as you said, you're getting a bunch of omega and zeta piece rewards too.

It is a valid response though, if you are burnt out on GA, then don't join. "But I get free stuff!" yeah well, I guess you aren't that burned out on it are you? :wink:
  • I would rather be doing a combination of tw and ga.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    You're getting the rewards from the TW events you're missing. You'd be doing TW's (which is just the same thing except with a whole guild) if you weren't doing GA. Plus, as you said, you're getting a bunch of omega and zeta piece rewards too.

It is a valid response though, if you are burnt out on GA, then don't join. "But I get free stuff!" yeah well, I guess you aren't that burned out on it are you? :wink:

And if you dont wanna see him complain, don't click on his thread.
    See that there, pretty much the same advice you gave him. See how silly it is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We dont even know how it's going to fit into the schedule.

If it's not for you, just dont do it.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Don't hit the join button...?

Or you could not post...

See that? we are both advocating the same thing and we would both be wrong...

I know it tho
    Are you cracked? They put a bunch of zetas and omegas as the reward. If it flips back to slicing mats as a reward I definitely won't be joining.

I mean if you're burned out on a specific event that is optional to join, why would you bother joining it. Saying "Less Grand Arena" is just as useful as you not joining Grand Arena in terms of making you feel like you have less chores to do. You don't have to join it, the game is supposed to be a fun game that allows you to play with toons.

Saying something like "Less Grand Arena, more XXX events" would make more sense. TB has already run concurrently with GA events, the only thing that hasn't run at the same time as GA is TW which is what most people already complain about being 'burned out' on before Grand Arena came about.

Do you want Grand Arena to stick around, but just be less often? Do you want other events? What sort of event would you like that wouldn't make you feel "Burned out"?
    I would personally say that GA should stay, and I think the first few were kinda bunched together, maybe spread them out a few more days in the future, but more playable content is always welcome. Marquee events bring in more content, but they're hardly playable, Grand Arena almost always means playable content (Unless your opponent doesn't set defenses in the first round) which is exactly what growing games need... more playable content, the best part about this sort of playable content is that you aren't forced into it, you can still pick to not bother with Grand Arena every once in a while if you don't want to, and just play other parts of the games.
  • I don't like going to work. Guess I will just stop doing it. Thanks for the helpful life advice folks.

Seriously, who peed in your cereal? Someone doesn't like doing a 7 day event every week of the month and all you have is "just don't?"

You realize a significant amount of people just join and never actually play right? Seems like that info is pretty easy to interpret
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    As Kyno said we don't know the schedule yet. It won't be like this going forward.

And a 7 day event includes one day of joining (no work), three days of setting D (not much work), and three days of attacking (a little more work). Personally I prefer content to no content.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    I think they are unable to save a snapshot for GA and TW at the same time. Its a massive load on the servers. Its also listed as a Territory War type event in the December Calendar

Ideally, Grand Arena will run alongside Territory Battles (Both run 7 days) and then take a few days break for TW and then both TB and GA restart again
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I don't like going to work. Guess I will just stop doing it. Thanks for the helpful life advice folks.

Seriously, who peed in your cereal? Someone doesn't like doing a 7 day event every week of the month and all you have is "just don't?"

You realize a significant amount of people just join and never actually play right? Seems like that info is pretty easy to interpret

It’s a game. There are things you can stop doing if you don’t like them and things you can’t without having a serious negative impact on your life. A particular mode of a mobile game definitely falls in the first category.
  • Believe it or not this forum is intended for people to give feedback. You don't like it, don't read it. So far, none of you have any level of introspection or analytical ability. You act as if I said I didn't like it at all. I like it. I just sad the current schedule is too much.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    They're front-loading them for the introduction, the way they front-loaded Territory Battles when those first started--you need to run a lot of live events to get the data to upgrade it for the next stage. People think they don't beta test this stuff, but they do--a lot--it's just that no beta test is going to prepare you for what happens when something goes live.

They'll get spaced out as we go along, don't worry about it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Believe it or not this forum is intended for people to give feedback. You don't like it, don't read it. So far, none of you have any level of introspection or analytical ability. You act as if I said I didn't like it at all. I like it. I just sad the current schedule is too much.

Feedback on the feedback is still feedback.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • GA is already my favorite game mode. I definitely like how often they've been coming.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Believe it or not this forum is intended for people to give feedback. You don't like it, don't read it. So far, none of you have any level of introspection or analytical ability. You act as if I said I didn't like it at all. I like it. I just sad the current schedule is too much.

The current schedule is a release schedule (and some massive beta testing). We dont know anything about the real schedule. This could be it, or it could not.
    Seriously, it isn't a terrible event but it is a chore. I am already burned out on it.

This doesn't seem like you like it very much. Since it is voluntary and you didnt seem to like it, the opinion of "just opt out for now" seemed valid.

If you are looking for any level of introspective or analytics to a comment, I would suggest in the future leaving some in your post.
  • Are you cracked? They put a bunch of zetas and omegas as the reward. If it flips back to slicing mats as a reward I definitely won't be joining.

Or join and then don't do anything. Still get stuff for last place. Lol