Help me strategize with GA

I'm facing a guy who basically has a very similar account to mine. I want some advice to win. Our differences are little with the biggest one being that I have Darth Traya 7 star g12 with zetas and he has a well developed FO and Chaze which I don't.

I'm not sure which squad is going to make the difference, I know my Traya will most likely lose because he has Chewbacca gear 12.

My fully developed squads include the following:

ZzzRJT and Friends
ZFinn
CLS with Chewie/3PO
Bastila Jedi
Talzin-Assajj and the rest of sisters
ZBossk
ZPalpatine
ZMaul
ZVeers

Like I mentioned above my advantage is that I have Traya whereas he doesn't.

He has a well developed FO, Rogue 1 and some g10-11 ewoks with zeta on chirpa and wicket.

I have geared Anakin, Windu and Quigon but no zeta on Quigon so that's not gonna hold much. My plan was to go weaker on defense since he has a couple extra squads. I know he will be able to full clear me anyways no matter what I do. It makes sense to save some decent squads for offense to ensure I can also clear although he's most likely going to be getting extra banners because he's gonna have easier wins than me.

I also have a slight advantage on fleet which I could exploit. Is it worth going as heavy as possible on fleet defense and hope he misses banners on that? That's a big gamble because fleet is alot of RNG.

Any advice is welcome

Replies

• Go for the clear, don't assume he won't get hurt; a tie sounds like it's in play. You may even gain some points in fleet. Exploit the fleet advantage by winning as soundly as possible. I've won a couple ties by a small difference in GP. Good luck. 👍
  • If he doesn’t have traya and you do, I would 100% set traya on defence. There are counters, but they are either very specific (thragma) or the go-to offence meta (CLS).

I prefer to go the other way with ships. I set Mace led GalRep ships. Tanky and annoying to beat, but definitely beatable. However I would absolutely never want to fall short of beating enemy ships, so I keep HT and Geos to make sure I can win it.

Other defence squads

- NS definitely, I sometimes like to throw Nest in in place of Talia.
    - BH definitely, they need careful handling to beat
    - ZMaul definitely, he’s a pain in the neck and needs a certain approach to defeat.

I’d personally keep CLS for a guaranteed win, JTR for clearing their BH or NS, ZVeers for the same, and zEP should take care of their Rogue 1 team, though it might leave your zMaul team a bit light.

All in all, your plan to go a bit light on Defence to handle his additional squads sounds very wise to me. Traya might just swing it for you.

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    I don't have any particularly godlike squads - no Traya or Revan to speak of - but I always go light on defense, placing a couple of strong teams and the rest junky filler. People seem to mostly put way too many of their best squads on defense and not leave themselves enough to go for a full clear, so thus far I've always won with half my defenses intact and the other guy's completely, or almost completely, wiped out.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I put a mix. 2 strong g12 squads, 2B teams, and 2 annoying teams. If you put trash on D you will lose or have a tie. At least put squads that counter so they will peck his protection away and break a tie for you. Everyones roster is different but I put:

Qira Scoundrels with Vandor and L3 Mission Zaalbar g12
    Bossk BH g10-12
    Zeta Bastilla (g8 mostly)
    Zeta KRU (g8 mostly)
    Phoenix g9
    zSavage + anyone
    Sometimes I replace the KRU squad with Embo lead BH secondary characters.

Phoenix and Embo counter so Even if they lose they eat protection with counters. zSavage works the same because he self cleanses and goes so often.
    One character low on protection breaks a tie.

I never never never put teams on D that dont have the ability to heal.
  • Ty all for the tips, I'll see how it goes