Are Geonosians worth and other farming questions

Lagandary
94 posts Member
edited January 2019
Firstly, I am pretty far behind in ships and was wondering if geonosians were worth the farm and gear for fleet arena and ship challenges.

Secondly, I will be able to get CLS the next time he comes around and am wondering what is a good team for CLS for arena without Chewbacca and C3PO (I am just starting to prepare for the next Chewbaca event)?

This might help
https://swgoh.gg/p/419213612/characters/

Replies

• Pentagon
    101 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hey mate,

Wiggs (Biggs & Wedge)
    & Chaze (Chirrut & Baze)

Are both good. Wiggs is a bit dated now, but under a CLS lead still hits hard and you've already got them at 7 star. Chirrut you've already got 5* so you're just missing Baze. Both are a long farm, but with the Grand Arena when you get to 85 you'll never be like darn I can't believe I geared up Chaze and Wiggs. (also in 3 man Grand Arena, I can see the Pairs (Wiggs, Chaze, Han & Chewie etc) will become even more important.

Don't have a clue about geonosians, my worry would be they arn't used for any events, they don't make up a raid team (awaiting corrections?) I would farm Bounty Hunters for the ships as atleast the pilots then get you Chewie. (/are also super useful in events, for the two bounties to get Nest, Wampa etc, not to mention Rebel Roundup etc etc.)

Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • Options
    Yes they are. Their trio of ships is really good.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Their trio of ships is really good but it is literally the ONLY thing they are good for. I prefer double-duty ships that have pilots useful elsewhere.

The old ones would be Phoenix, Biggs, Vader, FOTP, Tie Pilot, Boba, Cassian, KRU, Poe, etc. FOTP and Tie Pilot are a little out of favor but still have spots on teams. You can still take first on an old shard with only those ships.

The shiny new ones would be Ig88, Cad Bane, Bossk. I would farm and gear their pilots and ships first, if starting from scratch. BH have a lot of uses.

Now if the Seperatists get a rework that may change, but you can accidentally get the Geos and their ships to 7* without much effort. Then you can gear them later if there is a rework.

IMHO.
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Their trio of ships is really good but it is literally the ONLY thing they are good for. I prefer double-duty ships that have pilots useful elsewhere.

They're ok for a TW/GA clean up crew. I've been using G11 Poggle lead (don't judge me, he was easy to gear) G12 Soldier/Spy/Fac, G8 B2. I certainly wouldn't recommend them for this but if you have three G12 geos for ships it's not the worst thing to find another niche for them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Yes if u don’t want to fall behind in arena don’t recommend that ship lineup unless ships is ur only concern. If u don’t have any other toons to gear by all means go genosian. But double dipping on usefulness of piloits helps u not fall behind with those that r efficiently choosing who to gear.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

They're ok for a TW/GA clean up crew. I've been using G11 Poggle lead (don't judge me, he was easy to gear) G12 Soldier/Spy/Fac, G8 B2. I certainly wouldn't recommend them for this but if you have three G12 geos for ships it's not the worst thing to find another niche for them.

Yeah I met a team of G12 Geos last GA and Spy instagibbed a full protection OG Kylo. I was pretty suprised. But they are not required for a single event or TB or character, which is the problem.

It wouldnt be so bad if SF didn't require so many dang Carbantis, but that sealed it for me.
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Yeah I met a team of G12 Geos last GA and Spy instagibbed a full protection OG Kylo. I was pretty suprised. But they are not required for a single event or TB or character, which is the problem.

It wouldnt be so bad if SF didn't require so many dang Carbantis, but that sealed it for me.

Yeah, don't underestimate geospys special. If the target has any buffs, dispell all buffs on target AND geospy, dealing 40% more damage per buff. Good anti chaze or other buff heavy toon without eating into your higher tier teams.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ships good, characters poor.

Their ships are a luxury to have geared up. There are there other characters to invest in where both the characters AND their ships are good.
    Post edited by CoastalJames on
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Options
    I guess but watching the trio blast through a 7* G12 HT in a single turn is pretty satisfying and worth the gear grind IMO.
  • Options
    I guess but watching the trio blast through a 7* G12 HT in a single turn is pretty satisfying and worth the gear grind IMO.

Is it though? There are plenty of ways to get around HT that don't involve investing valuable resources into toons that serve no other purpose - especially for an early/mid-game player that is still looking towards Journey and Legendary toons.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ok sure for OP, agreed. More for the player that already has the more important toons acquired and geared.
  • Options
    With ht around geos are alot more niche. I guess it depends on you prioities though. Geos have made sure i still get 400 crystals everyday in fleet, so although they were quite a distraction they have more then had a return on investment. If ships is funding all your development, then why not invest? As far as getting toons to g12 go the 3 of them require fairly cheap pieces.
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Options
    Sun Fac needs more carbs than General Carbanti though...
  • Options
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    With ht around geos are alot more niche. I guess it depends on you prioities though. Geos have made sure i still get 400 crystals everyday in fleet, so although they were quite a distraction they have more then had a return on investment. If ships is funding all your development, then why not invest? As far as getting toons to g12 go the 3 of them require fairly cheap pieces.

Because I get most of my crystals daily from fleet as well, without investing in toons that are useless elsewhere. Bossk, Cad Bane, Boba, Phoenix, Vader, Kylo Unmasked, etc all provide you with great ships and are also great toons. More than enough to take first.

My shard had ONE guy running geos. And as the HTs spread, he too abandoned them.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Options
    We still have lots. Still great against HT.
  • Options
    Only one other geo popped up recently in my shard. I invested before ht. Shrug, my roster is alot more developed nowadays where i can afford side teams like that though. It is quite fun to put a fleet on d in GA of the same caliber as a top 10 team while still having a geo team capable of beating their ht fleet if they put it on d. Puts me on way better footing in TW or GA to basically be able to run two seperate top 10 teams.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Their ships are pretty great. Hound's Tooth has overshadowed them for the most part now, but they still perform pretty well, especially under Home One.

Unfortunately they are rubbish on the ground, though separatists seem overdue for a rework or a strong new leader that can make them worthwhile, so maybe that will change at some point.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

Is it though? There are plenty of ways to get around HT that don't involve investing valuable resources into toons that serve no other purpose - especially for an early/mid-game player that is still looking towards Journey and Legendary toons.

Bang.
    My shard had ONE guy running geos. And as the HTs spread, he too abandoned them.

For about two weeks I saw a lot in my shard. Now? Very, very, very rarely.
  • Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    Options
    Agree with Snowlock -- CLS lead, R2, RHan once you get him Old Ben, +1. I use Thrawn, though Chirrut, Kanan, or GK once unlocked could also fit pretty well. Even STHan or Ezra wouldn't be bad at all while you wait for more synergistic toons. Of course, Wiggs is viable as well, I used them for a long time myself. That team would probably look like CLS lead, Wedge, Biggs, R2, and RHan or OB.