G12 Ewoks? Ouch.

VonZant
3843 posts Member
Just faced this team in GA. It crushed my Finn team and I did not get to move. Their Wicket was one speed faster than my Poe. I figured I would still get a taunt off. I was wrong. I ended up beating it with JTR + Holdo daze but only because my mods were way better and he had dropped his g12 Logray for a g8 3p0. Logray would have been trouble. I can see a properly modded team being brutal.

So, who is their engine that you should disable at the start of battle? Wicket? Paploo? Logray? 3p0? Looks like they have a million was to gain TM and AOE daze is bad. I dont have them geared and don't know how to play or counter them. I want to be ready if I have to face them again.

As an aside - the dude had no CLS, Thrawn, JTR, Nihilus or Chewie. But he had G12 Ewoks and 3P0. Strange.

Replies

• He has a love of murder bears
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Try mine. The only problem is...noone is even hitting them, not the qi'ra team either :(

hm4mkvnhwjv6.png
  • Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Traya lead counters them bad. Its kind of a waste tho, but its great to see them suicide...

Assajj lead works too, for similar reasons. (assajj for 50%tm gain, to inflict plague and watch them die)

Elder would be your normal target, as he generates most tm, however, she is tanky, and it isnt too easy to ignore paploo.
    Id rather just use thrawn to go first, then swap to ep for full team shock. Ideally put in a dazer (maul or bastilla) for after shock times.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    No_Try wrote: »
    Try mine. The only problem is...noone is even hitting them, not the qi'ra team either :(
    hm4mkvnhwjv6.png

Holy mother of god! I'm thankful I'm 700k GP behind you and therefore probably won't be matched with you in GA anytime soon.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Traya lead counters them bad. Its kind of a waste tho, but its great to see them suicide...

Assajj lead works too, for similar reasons. (assajj for 50%tm gain, to inflict plague and watch them die)

Elder would be your normal target, as he generates most tm, however, she is tanky, and it isnt too easy to ignore paploo.
    Id rather just use thrawn to go first, then swap to ep for full team shock. Ideally put in a dazer (maul or bastilla) for after shock times.

If I can make you waste a premium team on them, mission accomplished hehe.
  • Ewoks were the most underrated team for a loong time. I used to run them in arena before zEP meta made it really hard to climb. I'm glad that they get some love now with C3PO and GA. My Ewoks usually stay untouched on defense, too... :)

i6918nc0rnke.png
  • No_Try wrote: »

If I can make you waste a premium team on them, mission accomplished hehe.

Exactly.
    It goes both ways tho, I also have an ewok team, besides traya ;)
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I've never understood why people hate on them so much. They're pretty savage when geared and modded up, and really only need the one zeta (Chirpa) to realize most of their potential.
    VonZant wrote: »
    So, who is their engine that you should disable at the start of battle? Wicket? Paploo? Logray? 3p0? Looks like they have a million was to gain TM and AOE daze is bad. I dont have them geared and don't know how to play or counter them. I want to be ready if I have to face them again.

You almost have to go after Elder first, since anyone else you knock down first will just get revived (unless you Boba or Nihilus them), and then the OMGTURNMETER train will keep on running. After that I guess probably Logray or Wicket.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I've never understood why people hate on them so much.

Short bias. People like their toons tall. That's why everyone runs Holdo in arena.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I ran into a triple-zeta'd Ewok team in GA today. Was a bit worried, but as it turns out...

Wiggs/Chewie/RHan/C-3PO annihilated them. Cold, dead murder bear stew.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I've never understood why people hate on them so much.

Short bias. People like their toons tall. That's why everyone runs Holdo in arena.

I don't genuinely lol much, but... :D
  • My Ewoks (mostly G11, with G10 Logray at 5 stars) had 5 successful defenses in the current GA round. They're still standing, and my opponent is out of squads to try against them. I love those furry little devils.