When does qui-gon become viable?

Dcmone1
62 posts Member
Ok, so ive had a qui-ck :) look on the forums but can't find anyone with the answer I'm looking for!

I'm too 10 in pvp, ftp, managed 1st yday! Whoop. So I have a top team of:
Sid (L)
Lumi
Geo
Poe

Which are all maxed except Poe who is 5*. Otherwise gear and level maxed.

My qu(i)andary is wondereding what star qui-gon is viable for end game play. I've come across a few 5* in top 20 but they are easy to drop. Obviously his ability to attack first and boost other Jedi is his main positive.

Example, my Poe is 5*, but he does his job qui-te perfectly. Would last a bit longer at 7* but I don't need him for that at the moment.

Thoughts please!
Dc - RoF

Replies

• Hard to tell without information of how advanced your server already is. Used mine from 6* on, but at this point Top 10 already reached lvl 70 with 5x7*.

• Dcmone1
    62 posts Member
    Everyone on my server has been lvl 70 for a month-ish. And yeah, everyone else's chars are lvl 70, 7* but just a few qui-gon's that are lower. If they're in top 20 with a 5*?... can't be too bad!
    Dc - RoF
  • Just like Ben, when you strike him down. He then becomes one with the force
  • zinho
    28 posts Member
    I am 1 on my server with a similar team in a server from mid november.
    I just have poggle instead of 86, faster, with the buff. Like him more than 86 for that team.
    I have no problem on atk against QGJ. So i would only put him as a 7*.
    A lot of people dont like Sid on high lvl due to his dmg. and since his heal immunity wont help much now that the matches are too fast, I love him for this meta since he will dodge many atk from the jedi and his leader ability can fit many teams.

I dont drop much either since I start fighting back in arena when the time is running out, and I only drop to 8-10, so i think my team is doing fine in defense too.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    The only thing that's affected is his hp and damage. His speed and abilities will still be useful. But you might get targeted more since he will die slightly quicker and do a little less damage so he might not 1 shot the way a 7* will. It's like the difference between a 6* and 7* Dooku. I can 1 shot a 6* with FOTP special, but it will leave a sliver of health left with a 7*. The little extra health makes a difference.

But as someone said, it depends on your server.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    I'd say if you have maxed out gear, he's viable st 5*. But yea, you'll get targeted a lot just because of the lower stars. Just got mine to 7 last week, definitely one of the best toons keep grinding
  • Dcmone1
    62 posts Member
    TommySitt wrote: »
    I have a late Dec. server. At 4* I got some use from him, but he died quickly, his humbling blow doesn't do much damage, and neither does his harmonius, but the 75% buffed assist makes it worth it, as well as the offense up from the humbling. He did okay.

5* he hit okay, average, could take a little more punishment, certainly more than the glass cannons, but still not that impressive. Since I got him to 6* his humbling and harmonius do decent dmg, and he's a lot more durable, lasting through rd. 1 in many cases in the arena. He weathers the storm well in GW at 6*, stays alive long enough to get healed.

Perfect! Exactly what I was after :)

Thanks for all the other great answers too guys - I think I'm gonna finish Poe to 7* then get back to qui gon. Have him at 4* mainly just for the yoda event, but don't have other Jedi at decent star levels anyways ha. And even though I've nearly gear maxed him he's pretty much unusable for anything other than early GWs and the healer event

Just starting to feel I'm behind on the meta without him, even though I'm getting top 10 easy enough. Need to star daka up more too... Argh haha
    Dc - RoF