Game enhancements for changing timezone

The recent change in the game setup to allow players to 'choose' their TZ has really been a real benefit to the scheduling of the game events.
I do have a few 'concerns' tho about the real practical usage of all of this:

You are only allowed to make 2 TZ changes a year.
I understand that you're NOT going to allow people to change their TZ all the time, but only 2 changes a YEAR?
That's in fact only 1 'vacation' or 'trip' (since you switch when you leave, and switch-back when you come back home)
The issue here is that the idea of a 'trip' or a vacation does not always hold true for the scheduling.
I'm in a situation where I move frequently between PST, EST and WET. So no matter how I set my TZ, in the game, I'm going to >bleeped< in one TZ or another....
And since I can only change twice a year, this game update is not really fixing the time-scheduling for me....

Ask/Thing to consider:
* Dont look at a TZ change as a 'vacation' or 'a big trip' - Any significant shift in TZ location is an opportunity to 'change' your TZ settings...
* So I would like to the counter for the TZ changes to get 'upped' to 1-trip per trimester (so 6 per year) or even per quarter (4 per year)

Second thing:
Even with the ability to change TZs, you still are going to hit a problem with the 'bonus energy' refills.
I have a situation now where a bonus refill that happened at 5pm PST, all of a sudden gets shifted to 2am WET (Similar things will happen if you move between EST and PST - which a LOT more people will be encountering, and have things refiling at 8am EST...)
And with the 'silly' expiration timer of 2 hours, I am now constantly loosing out on bonus energy (Which puts back pressure on the ability to 'change' TZ's more often in a year!)

Ask/Thing to consider:
* Why is the expiration timer set to 2 hours? Can we make this 6 or even 8 hours?
By doing so, any move from EST to PST would still be OK, and not cause players to loose the bonus energy windows
And on top of that, it would reduce the need/desire to change the TZ settings all the time

Replies

• I think the point of changing timezones is for 2 reasons - daylight savings and people that move to a different timezone.
  • My issue was this was rolled out a month after the time change which means next year everyone is going to complain that they have to wait 30+ days until they get their 1 change back. In December.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    sigsig wrote: »
    I think the point of changing timezones is for 2 reasons - daylight savings and people that move to a different timezone.

This is the reason.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    wildfire wrote: »
    My issue was this was rolled out a month after the time change which means next year everyone is going to complain that they have to wait 30+ days until they get their 1 change back. In December.

This.

I am waiting until Spring...and then waiting again until next Fall, before finally making a switch, just for this reason.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Small correction: This feature was introduced because people that initially started playing this game in a ‘different TZ’ (like me), can set their schedule to a more ‘suitable’ TZ of their home location....
    (Which is a good thing!)

Problem is tho, that if you travel (for either work or vacation), you can still end up with a schedule that is NOT going to work. That ability to change TZ can be used for that as well - if you have more than 2 changes per year...
    A change in time zone brings in this additional problem of the energy refills: A refill at 2am, with a 2 hour expiration timer means you’re now constantly loosing out on bonus energy (which is NOT nice!) - Hence the request to increase that timer to be able to ‘overcome’ that problem

And lastly : The fact that the game does NOT auto-correct itself after a DST time changes is a *BUG* (Plain and simple!), and should get fixed - It’s not the players responsibility to adjust the time of the game - The game should do that on it’s own, like all other software out there on the internet...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    The reason for the timer on bonuses being two hours is that those bonuses exist to incentivize you to log in multiple times throughout the day.

As for DST, I’m not sure how the game would have any way of knowing whether you are in a location that observes it or not. There are places within the same time zone that do and don’t observe it. Heck there are places within the same state that do and don’t observe it.
  • Does the bonus energy times change when you change the time zones?

Currently I’m in the UK(Gmt) and I get my bonuses at 12pm, 6pm and 9pm.

If I move timezones to SAN Francisco (due to an extended holiday) will my bonuses change as well? Otherwise they are 4am, 10am and 1pm. And that one at 4am is the big one. It’s hard to make sure I’m up at 4am everyday.