Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Ryanodo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ryanodo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ryanodo wrote: »
    And let's also not forget, they're using a forum which represents a percentage, and not even close to a majority, of the player base to vote on this. And, this forum has many F2P whiners, so I'm really glad their votes will help dictate whether or not the people that pay to improve their rosters, and thereby keep the game running, can use their full rosters. Brilliant. (if you don't pay to play at all it you're not helping the game, very important to remember that)

    False.

    Which part is false? You think the majority of the player base is on these forums and active? Or the P2P part? Either way, neither is false.

    Without f2p, no one would pay for the advantage that they get by paying, and the game would die.

    I respect your opinion, as that's probably true for players that are newer to the game. I don't consider myself competing with any F2P players at this point.

    If they don't make money, they don't develop new content. When they develop new content, they should consider the people that fund their little adventure. But, maybe they did. With only F2P, the game would die much faster than without. If it were only P2P, the game would certainly live on, because there would be revenue. F2P boost their usage stats which boosts ad revenue, so I can see that being a +1 for F2P. BUT, the bottom line is the bottom line, and always will (and should) be, and to that point, it's important to hear from the people that contribute to that bottom line.

    What ad revenue? There are no ads to make income off ftp. And they have test guilds full of big spenders for the data contribution.
  • Honestly, the devs are acting like drunk 8 year olds. What were they dri... I mean thinking when they came up with this?
  • Yeah this is completely stupid. The post reminds me heavily of how massively out of touch EA was with the community when Battlefront 2 was released. It’s like they did no research whatsoever, and CG has blindly followed suit 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • I’m not even going to curse. I’ve never liked TW. I’m sure I’ll like this even less. I hate ships 2.0. I hate GA. I don’t like being forced to join a guild. I hate pretty much every part of this game except the collecting and developing of Star Wars characters. If I hadn’t spent everyday of the past 3+ years and over $2000 on this game, I’d lay it down right now. Oh how I miss Star Wars Force Collection.
  • TVF
    25124 posts Member
    Ryanodo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ryanodo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ryanodo wrote: »
    And let's also not forget, they're using a forum which represents a percentage, and not even close to a majority, of the player base to vote on this. And, this forum has many F2P whiners, so I'm really glad their votes will help dictate whether or not the people that pay to improve their rosters, and thereby keep the game running, can use their full rosters. Brilliant. (if you don't pay to play at all it you're not helping the game, very important to remember that)

    False.

    Which part is false? You think the majority of the player base is on these forums and active? Or the P2P part? Either way, neither is false.

    Without f2p, no one would pay for the advantage that they get by paying, and the game would die.

    I respect your opinion, as that's probably true for players that are newer to the game. I don't consider myself competing with any F2P players at this point.

    That's ridiculous.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jlcooper92
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Dumbest idea ever... let’s take something that people have given feedback about saying they like it so much, and let’s just change it and ban squads.... how about work on that Grievous Rework we been waiting on for 2 years instead
  • I see on here everyone complaining about what the devs are doing with the next TW, I personally like it. It's only one TW why is everyone so aggravated by it? They clearly said they are gonna do a ton more other things in the future so just wait for one you really like. You've had a year of the same TW it was time to change it up. Thank you devs now I wont have to kill myself to get through a wall of revans!
  • Ryanodo wrote: »
    And let's also not forget, they're using a forum which represents a percentage, and not even close to a majority, of the player base to vote on this. And, this forum has many F2P whiners, so I'm really glad their votes will help dictate whether or not the people that pay to improve their rosters, and thereby keep the game running, can use their full rosters. Brilliant. (if you don't pay to play at all it you're not helping the game, very important to remember that)

    The game wouldn't exist without F2P. P2P would quickly have no one to play against. Very important to remember that.

    And a lot of people become P2P after starting out F2P, because... star wars!

    F2P is the backbone of the game. P2P keeps it funded.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Azryel wrote: »
    @Darknesswon thats exactly what I am saying. I am really digging the variety. 5x5, 3x3, etc. I have enjoyed the little changes each time. This game is evolving and I am super happy about that.

    Again what variety. Outside the 3x3 its the same teams as tw , just 3 times a week, what variety do you speak of?

    I saw a team that was a Dooku lead, three bugs, and Visas.

    As a 3.2m gp player, I always thought ppl with the same GP with me, should have 15 5man-squad ready, until GA.

    Man, some just have 8.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Dont forget there are 4 more selections that only one will be allowed.
    phoug70u3ge8.jpeg
  • Edison
    153 posts Member
    OR you’ll have to do it with less characters to choose from ;)

    I’m also intrigued by the challenge, but I can see why people are upset. It is a bit backwards.
  • Yea, think I misspoke on ad revenue. +1 to you.
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Ryanodo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ryanodo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ryanodo wrote: »
    And let's also not forget, they're using a forum which represents a percentage, and not even close to a majority, of the player base to vote on this. And, this forum has many F2P whiners, so I'm really glad their votes will help dictate whether or not the people that pay to improve their rosters, and thereby keep the game running, can use their full rosters. Brilliant. (if you don't pay to play at all it you're not helping the game, very important to remember that)

    False.

    Which part is false? You think the majority of the player base is on these forums and active? Or the P2P part? Either way, neither is false.

    Without f2p, no one would pay for the advantage that they get by paying, and the game would die.

    I respect your opinion, as that's probably true for players that are newer to the game. I don't consider myself competing with any F2P players at this point.

    If they don't make money, they don't develop new content. When they develop new content, they should consider the people that fund their little adventure. But, maybe they did. With only F2P, the game would die much faster than without. If it were only P2P, the game would certainly live on, because there would be revenue. F2P boost their usage stats which boosts ad revenue, so I can see that being a +1 for F2P. BUT, the bottom line is the bottom line, and always will (and should) be, and to that point, it's important to hear from the people that contribute to that bottom line.

    What ad revenue? There are no ads to make income off ftp. And they have test guilds full of big spenders for the data contribution.
  • By the way, did we ever get clarification on whether banned toons' ships would be allowed? Because that would be a major handicap, especially if a capital ship pilot gets banned. Also shows they didn't think this one out too much.
  • Comet19 wrote: »
    By the way, did we ever get clarification on whether banned toons' ships would be allowed? Because that would be a major handicap, especially if a capital ship pilot gets banned. Also shows they didn't think this one out too much.

    Truthfully I dont think they even considered that effect on this lolll....logically speaking if the pilot is banned, you can't play the ship. Otherwise, it'd be like playing the ship without ever unlocking the pilot in the 1st place.
  • Leave Territory Wars "ALONE" I spend money on this game and like it how it is. If you want to try something new then create a new table for it. Ruin the game and I will spend my money else where. Thank You.
  • Comet19 wrote: »
    By the way, did we ever get clarification on whether banned toons' ships would be allowed? Because that would be a major handicap, especially if a capital ship pilot gets banned. Also shows they didn't think this one out too much.

    Only thrawn is in the list, for the next one.
  • Phipps
    1106 posts Member
    After 3+ years playing the game the devs once again top themselves with the worst idea ever. Pathetic
  • This is a terrible idea. Can we have an option to vote not to remove any characters?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    By the way, did we ever get clarification on whether banned toons' ships would be allowed? Because that would be a major handicap, especially if a capital ship pilot gets banned. Also shows they didn't think this one out too much.

    Only thrawn is in the list, for the next one.

    5 other pilots
  • Are we being trolled? Is this for real? This is by far the worst idea to date. Make us work our tails off chasing the new toons and then slap us in the face saying, sorry you can use all your new shiny toys. Come on devs, this is just a really bad move. Redact this, fix it. Do not go forward with this. We do not want it. The November buffs were great. Do more of that. This is just beyond terrible. My less PC response is also on Reddit ;)
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Wouldnt be impossible to create fun variants without removing content.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    By the way, did we ever get clarification on whether banned toons' ships would be allowed? Because that would be a major handicap, especially if a capital ship pilot gets banned. Also shows they didn't think this one out too much.

    Only thrawn is in the list, for the next one.


    Lots of good ship crew members, though. Bossk, TFP, KRu just to name a few.
  • Proof will be in the pudding if this is any good. I just voted out the p2p toons like revan and traya cause I'd like to hear more about how people are "THIS CLOSE" to quitting and how bad the Devs are.
    *popcorn*
  • The backbone of what exactly? And actually, no. P2P would have plenty of other P2P players to play against/with. Because, well, that's how it is today. The guilds our guild faces aren't F2P, and we consistently have new guilds to play against. We have similar numbers of Revan and Trayas and what have you, for the most part. And we'll all have the replacements to fill in for the restricted characters.

    That said, I haven't paid for a mobile game... until this one, and it's due to your point below...it's the star war. P2P is the backbone, keeping the lights on, keeping the servers running, keeping investors happy. 'Merica.
    Ryanodo wrote: »
    And let's also not forget, they're using a forum which represents a percentage, and not even close to a majority, of the player base to vote on this. And, this forum has many F2P whiners, so I'm really glad their votes will help dictate whether or not the people that pay to improve their rosters, and thereby keep the game running, can use their full rosters. Brilliant. (if you don't pay to play at all it you're not helping the game, very important to remember that)

    The game wouldn't exist without F2P. P2P would quickly have no one to play against. Very important to remember that.

    And a lot of people become P2P after starting out F2P, because... star wars!

    F2P is the backbone of the game. P2P keeps it funded.
  • Comet19 wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    By the way, did we ever get clarification on whether banned toons' ships would be allowed? Because that would be a major handicap, especially if a capital ship pilot gets banned. Also shows they didn't think this one out too much.
    Only thrawn is in the list, for the next one.
    Lots of good ship crew members, though. Bossk, TFP, KRu just to name a few.

    So, try something new.
    At least not the same ships team again and again everytime, everyday, like the arena.
  • Shadowz
    164 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    This is a very bad idea. And i for one, do not like it.

    This will upset a lot of people who have spent time and "money" on certain characters and not being able to use them... (We should be able to make use of any and all characters we have invested in)

    I don't see this one sitting well and/or lasting long.

    I understand changing things up, but this one is ridiculous with banning specific characters.
    Just go back to having different set faction bonuses per month for TW. That's all it needs to change things up.

    CG you are taking things too far, and will lose players because of this move. Pay to Play players and Free to Play Players alike.

    Soon we won't be able to chew gum in public or be allowed to have access to internet apart from swgoh related websites.

    Tyrannical Dictatorship Much
  • Zizzyqorok
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I want tw to be normal and have different bonuses for characters or factions each month that would be fun. They should keep the weird stuff to grand arena. Tw has been a constant for a year now dont radically change it.
    Post edited by Zizzyqorok on
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    By the way, did we ever get clarification on whether banned toons' ships would be allowed? Because that would be a major handicap, especially if a capital ship pilot gets banned. Also shows they didn't think this one out too much.

    Only thrawn is in the list, for the next one.

    5 other pilots

    Actually, I think there are 12 pilots on the line :s
This discussion has been closed.