Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• Not sure if it has been said already in the 25 pages before: This is an AWFUL idea.
  • Standard TW is boring. The bonkersly boosted toons in November was great fun, this is less inspired, but better than nothing.

Other crazy OP ideas for future TWs (brainstorm, NOT quality tested ;) ) :
    • 3 toon teams
    • 6 toon teams (*cough* Phoenix squad *cough*)
    • Teams with 2 leader abilities (like when you borrow allies in LS/DS battles)
    • Toons may not share a fraction with more than 1 other toon (that should mix it up!)
    • Toons with no fraction tag all share their unique abilities
    • Jawa's share their unique abilities
    • Toons cannot regain protection
    • All toons start with buff immunity for 2 turns (cannot be dispelled)
    • All tanks gain +200 speed (makes them both better and worse)
    • Droids start with 1 bonus turn
    • No TM gain
    • No TM removal
    • No protection & no crits
    • Only lightside / darkside on defence
    • The same toon can be used on both offence and defence

• Now, I do agree with the community that this shouldn’t be the new norm for TW, but I do hope they don’t stop trying new things like this, because if they did we’d go back to a stale TW where nothing is really all that different and may as well just be beaten with sim tickets.

Obviously, this is just my own opinion, which judging by the state of the forums and the subreddit is in the minority, but I just wanted to drop my 2 cents in the bucket anyway

I wholeheartedly agree with you. And I really cannot understand the fear and the outrage of the one-time change to TW...

• Who gave you positive feedback about this? You cant prevent people who invested in those said toons to play with them. Seriously CG getting out of control based on the last decisions. We want a change on chief stuffs particularly Carrie and Crumb. Community relations and game progress have never been this bad before.
  • So no matter what we choose, all our teams will be crippled. Is this a joke?
  • I've only read a few pages, just wanted to add the opinion that this is a poorly thought through idea. Seems lazy.

Many, many ways to breathe new life into TW. This isn't a good one.

New map. New bonuses. 3v3. Whatever. Not this.
  • What’s the point arguing ? 1 dislike = 1 dislike , 1 approval means 10,000 people must like this idea. Same story for grand arena and that’s still dragging on.

• Now, I do agree with the community that this shouldn’t be the new norm for TW, but I do hope they don’t stop trying new things like this, because if they did we’d go back to a stale TW where nothing is really all that different and may as well just be beaten with sim tickets.

Obviously, this is just my own opinion, which judging by the state of the forums and the subreddit is in the minority, but I just wanted to drop my 2 cents in the bucket anyway

I wholeheartedly agree with you. And I really cannot understand the fear and the outrage of the one-time change to TW...

Except it's not necessarily a one time thing...... If we don't voice our displeasure now, it's likely to become a reoccurring event....
  • So I specifically geared up teams for TW that I can't use now. Someone who came up with that idea has to be still drunk from NYE
  • Worst idea ever. I'm collecting chars to use them in fight and i like more freedom in choices. Removing toons from "gam"e is wrong direction. Since bonuses are great idea and very refreshing this new one (ban chars rly?) looking like huge step back. Don't do it ,seriously.
  • TW was my least favourite part of the game until GA came along. Now it looks like it’s at the bottom again.

If you want to balls around with stuff do it with GA.

I’d love to know where CG get their feedback from because it’s clearly not tje forums
  • So this raises a challenge. Can you build a solid offense or defense without your most powerful characters you always use? I focus on bounty hunters. Can I make a defence or offense without my best hunters? I don't know, but I'm willing to take up the challenge. This is no different than building a deck for a TCG/CCG that uses a banned list.
  • This is the dumbest idea ever. We already spend way too much time on this game and now you're forcing us to spend hours rethinking all of our teams for a one-off TW idea. Think again CG.
  • I see that there are about 3 people on here defending the change, saying “it’s only for 1 tw”.
    Re-read the post. This specific change may only apply to this single tw, but they made it clear that they intend to mess with it consistently going forward. So maybe next time they will remove ships, or have another vote with different groupings, or some other stupid change.
    That’s what we are unhappy about. If this was a one-time mistake I don’t think we’d be so concerned. The problem is that this is only the first step down a steep slope of destroying the game mode that many of us have loved.
  • Can't believe they've "Rian Johnson'd" TW.

"Subverting Expectations"
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

Now, I do agree with the community that this shouldn’t be the new norm for TW, but I do hope they don’t stop trying new things like this, because if they did we’d go back to a stale TW where nothing is really all that different and may as well just be beaten with sim tickets.

Except it's not necessarily a one time thing...... If we don't voice our displeasure now, it's likely to become a reoccurring event....

We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future, but for the next Territory War, we’re giving the community the ability to shape what it looks like!

If they will hold up to their word, it is rather one of the different options that something permanent. But, of course, they may change their mind (Which I rather doubt, especially given the tone of the feedback...

• "Sense of Pride and Accomplishment"
    "Playful and fun"

It is neither.

The game already take up a lot of time to manage.

We have all the teams already set up in our team management sets in the game, but this throws a wrench and negates much of the time savings.

Also is the opposite of PLAYFUL. Because banning a character which the player has heavily invested on from a game mode he was previously available - Makes you just no tplay with your "toy" (the character). By extension, this is just not fun.

The previous model, with buffs to a few characters, was way more fun, and I have heards lots of praise.

This is a lazy approach to try to force feed players into farming and investing in lame and underpowered charactrers, rather than reworking them to actually become competitive.

• Worst idea ever. Totally screws with my squads. I wont be able to play my favorite teams. Busts up myfavorite defense & offense squads, that I look forward to playing in TW. No fun at all.
  • The unwritten backstory to this is likely to be that TW participation has been in steady decline for all but the top tier guilds for a while now. I know we've increasingly struggled to get participation among our more casual guild members and we're in the 110m-120m GP bracket. They're clearly trying to find ways to stimulate that interest while also countering the mismatch claims in particular when a small group of Revan or Traya squads can bring an entire TW to a grinding halt.
    As someone without Traya or Revan, I personally love it it although Mace's OHK of almost every Sith was enormously satisfying so would have preferred that to return to counter the Traya wall or a Sith equivalent to counter a Revan wall.
  • TheRevanite
    15 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm sorry but I remember before and during the bonuses to tw that everyone was so glad that it breathed a breath of fresh air into a gamemode that was quickly becoming stale. This definitely counts as a breath of fresh air. To those complaining that the bonuses won't return- there's nothing to say they won't. And though I'm repeating sentiments I've already seen (as the officer in our guild that is responsible for tw) I'm cautiously optimistic about this mode. It means a lot of new theorycrafting, and really takes away the autopilot section of the game. 'Oh there's a traya team, just chuck cls and chewie and be done', now it'll be trying to work out counters that noone has ever seen, because this is a mode that encourages creative play. Sure you'll miss out of something you've farmed, but so will everyone else, and next tw you'll be able to use it, so go you.

As I said, I'm kinda excited for these changes but I'm concerned CG will back off bc of the people that see a change to a gamemode they all of a sudden start start demanding a return to the olden days.

P.S those who are calling 3v3 the worst thing to happen to the game, or GA the worst thing to happen. I'm genuinely confused as to why that is- I thought it was really interesting. Could you enlighten me as to your reasons?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Venn
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    The funniest part of this is the population of players it angers the most are the ones that spent the most money supporting the game. Great business decision.
  • Hm...i agree that this can be interesting, and every month need to be something,also i liked that month with Mace on steroids, it is ok to invent something like that for any hero. This is way less fun, just to ban some heroes, looks like no imagination, no ingenuity,.... maybe looks like one man decision...

But ok i will go with everything CG trow at us except one thing: YOU CANT CUT one TB and two TW in a month cause of GA or anything else...that is utter nonsense. for me it is 14k GET less and 4-6 zeta mats...****...last 6 sim of ship ability material challenge 0 zeta mats and now cut more zeta source....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • To quote what a wise man once said, " Is this an out of season april fools joke?"
  • Before changing something fix the p3 hsr solo issue as you promised. I have the solo team and did it one time but it seriously becomes a problem for all guilds. You have your plane falling but you are fixing a broken seat instead of engines. @CG_SBCrumb
  • Darth_Schmarth
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    So here's my tuppence worth on the idea. So it seems a good idea for those players with completed rosters. But for the average Joe around the 2mil GP it's a terrible idea.

For instance I am in a 50mil ish guild. Most of us have 4 or 5 viable squads. So to take potentially 3 out of the equation, or to fudge them so they aren't as effective ruins the tw for me. However if I had a 90% complete roster of g12 toons it will make me use some less thought about but still effective squads. This suggests that unless the lower GP guilds have pretty much the same squads / rosters the matchmaking will be even more lopsided and frankly stupid than before. As the main gripe, as it appears, with the tw is the farcical nature of match making. I'm not sure how this will make it more interesting & fun, rather than something that gets ignored on the grounds that it's been broken.

I understand you can't please everyone all the time, and I may be made to eat my words. I just hope this had been thought out for all players not just those at the top.
  • What a shockingly bad, not fun or playful idea this is!
  • I understand them what they're trying to do. but as usual, they're doing it in a ineffective way. they're trying to force the late gamers to max out there lesser-used units. This is too many units disappearing four one territory war in an unpredictable way.
    We would be better off with a series of three question method. Faction, Legend, combo.
    Faction.
    They wanted to shake up territory wars should ask what faction should be depleted( a random set of 7 to 10 of them marked unusable), what faction/ should be buffed (a game like this which is been built on give-and-take should have that if we are not allowed to use some; we should be rewarded with more effective variance of what we can use)
    for example
    1no Phoenix but +200% armor penetration on Rogue one.
    2 no support units but 300% speed on tanks,
    3 no nightsisters but every Smuggler is treated is As if thay have the Bounty Hunter tag( their leadership ability is there contract but like every contract payout it applies only to them).

Legendaries.
    With the reality of Legends characters and Heroes Journey characters there's any vote involving them being unavailable they're always going to be chosen to become unavailable so restricted to one Journey character being unavailable and two or three legendary characters being unavailable not a risk of all of them. You could even make a play on there status as heroes or legendaries such as surviving units led by a legendary character are redeployable, in other words legendary status characters or Deployable twice instead of once along with their Entourage.
    for example one War Jedi training Rey is completely unavailable but Commander Luke is deployed the first time like normal, but can be deployed a second time if he survives that encounter; but no more than two times.
    For example first time he goes in with wedge Biggs Stormtrooper Han and Ahsoka Tano (fulcrum). In that encounter han and Ahsoka Tano are defeated but Luke wedge and Biggs all survive so they can be redeployed again alongside baze and cheroot but after that all these units are done. Of all the legendaries you get three that can be deployed twice along with one hero's journey unit. On the flip side of course there's always one hero's journey unit that can't be deployed in two or three legendaries that are unavailable.
    Combos.
    Instead of banning full-on units certain combos should be bannable on a War to war bases
    for example
    war#1 no use of the Str with each other.
    War#2 old Daka Nightsister zombie and mother talzin can all be used but not together.
    War#3 Chewbacca C-3PO and R2 D2 cannot be used together.
    war#4 Jedi Knight Revan Grand Master Yoda and Julie bendo

In conclusion I feel like you can mix it up a lot better then this you're talking about removing way too many units at once with no benefits for those being left behind who's with me?
    Carbon scoring
    saber cuts
    bendak Starkiller
    Tuscan lou'baka
  • I think the common concensus is that this is a poorly thought out ill conceived idea. It has clearly enraged the majority of the player base.

Consider us your stock holders in this company as we are responsible for directly funding this game.
    If this kind of outrage happened in any company in the US , there would be a board meeting convened immediately to resolve the issue to appease the stock holders. Most likely the person responsible would find themselves on the unemployment line.

At the very least there would be a response from the company.

At least afford us the courtesy of responding to our concerns [/b
  • I'm sorry but I remember before and during the bonuses to tw that everyone was so glad that it breathed a breath of fresh air into a gamemode that was quickly becoming stale. This definitely counts as a breath of fresh air. To those complaining that the bonuses won't return- there's nothing to say they won't. And though I'm repeating sentiments I've already seen (as the officer in our guild that is responsible for tw) I'm cautiously optimistic about this mode. It means a lot of new theorycrafting, and really takes away the autopilot section of the game. 'Oh there's a traya team, just chuck cls and chewie and be done', now it'll be trying to work out counters that noone has ever seen, because this is a mode that encourages creative play. Sure you'll miss out of something you've farmed, but so will everyone else, and next tw you'll be able to use it, so go you.

As I said, I'm kinda excited for these changes but I'm concerned CG will back off bc of the people that see a change to a gamemode they used to **** about and all of a sudden start start demanding a return to the olden days.

P.S those who are calling 3v3 the worst thing to happen to the game, or GA the worst thing to happen. I'm genuinely confused as to why that is- I thought it was really interesting. Could you enlighten me as to your reasons?

Most negative feedback is rationalized "It's no fun". "I don't like it". "This is the worst thing in the world", "They are dumb" - Just because they tried to do it different way this time, quite clearly stating that it COULD BE one time only...
    Just another brick in the wall of my lost faith in mankind...
  • I'm sorry but I remember before and during the bonuses to tw that everyone was so glad that it breathed a breath of fresh air into a gamemode that was quickly becoming stale. This definitely counts as a breath of fresh air. To those complaining that the bonuses won't return- there's nothing to say they won't. And though I'm repeating sentiments I've already seen (as the officer in our guild that is responsible for tw) I'm cautiously optimistic about this mode. It means a lot of new theorycrafting, and really takes away the autopilot section of the game. 'Oh there's a traya team, just chuck cls and chewie and be done', now it'll be trying to work out counters that noone has ever seen, because this is a mode that encourages creative play. Sure you'll miss out of something you've farmed, but so will everyone else, and next tw you'll be able to use it, so go you.

As I said, I'm kinda excited for these changes but I'm concerned CG will back off bc of the people that see a change to a gamemode they used to **** about and all of a sudden start start demanding a return to the olden days.

Most negative feedback is rationalized "It's no fun". "I don't like it". "This is the worst thing in the world", "They are dumb" - Just because they tried to do it different way this time, quite clearly stating that it COULD BE one time only...
    Just another brick in the wall of my lost faith in mankind...

nice try cg
    TW/GA Counters Bot - https://discord.gg/jZH44Hb | Discord: SidiousIsPikachu#5768
This discussion has been closed.