Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• If this bombs will you change it back? TW is the best part of the game. Seems like just a way to fix the fact that you can't get the match ups even close to right...
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    FTR: I think the Devs will keep groups 1 & 4, but I don't have a final pick between 2 & 3. Slightly more likely to drop 2 and keep 3, maybe? But I'm not at all certain.

Still, drop #2 is I think the most likely scenario, even if only a bit more likely than drop #3.

They are only keeping one group.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I have 53 7 star characters and you want to remove 28 of them from tw 😆😂😂😂. This is obviously created by someone playing with a developers roster and didn’t consider newer players at all. Right?@CG_TopHat
  • Ok, so which Dev finally rewatched Infinity War over Christmas on Netflix and went, "You know, that snap thing by Thanos, not all the bad of an idea, wonder if we could do that to TW?".....
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • It was fun when certain characters were highlighted, but banning characters arbitrarily seems the opposite of fun (just one person’s opinion).
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    I'm initially not a fan of this idea. A player who has invested heavily in some of the "banned" toons will now be less effective in the upcoming TW.

Giving some characters buffs allowed us to use underutilized toons and required different planning and strategies? I enjoyed that!

Taking away characters in which I have invested gear, zetas, and resources? :(

Additionally, I'm concerned about the matchmaking algorithm. The TW matching algorithm was just recently fixed to more appropriately match guilds, but now it will have to assess guilds after removing 28 toons from all players. I'm hoping Devs have been working hard to ensure appropriate matchmaking occurs after this.
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Nebulous wrote: »
    I hate this idea. We hate platoons in TB cuz they don’t let us use our whole rosters. Now your asking players of all roster strength to govern each other? Ridiculous.

Make GA your playground and leave TW alone.

Oh my! This gives us something to strategize about. Put some new teams together maybe that we haven't thought about before. I love this idea!!
  • Fringilla_Vigo is absolutely right. It's a great idea and I hope to have more such good changes in the game.
    And for those complaining, develop your toons, expand your roster, don't stick to those few toons you have now. Grow with the game.

Develop your toons? Resources, shards, mods, currency, everything is limited. How long would it take to just flush out 1 decent squad — for the average player ?
  • CG's idea of "fun" is very different from mine.

I work my butt off to get the best squads/legendary characters geared up and now you want to basically force us to play without them?

We are entitled to play with whatever character we want, you cannot force us not to play with them and break our squads' synergies.

This is NOT fun.

• I'll keep going, because it is getting more and more humorous...
    Imgary2u wrote: »
    Are you kidding me??? I spend my money and invest my time to get good teams for TW, and now they are going to be flushed
    this one-time particular event??? Oh, how dare you!!! I wouldn't be able to play it this ONE time!!! I don't care that others w'ont be able as well!!! I like to be in my comfort zone!!! I don't want to try anything different!!! Even once!!! I'ts stupid!!! I didn't even try it, but I already know it's no fun!!! I invested a lot and now you ruined EVERYTHING!!! REEEEVEEEENGE!!!! KILL!!! AAAAAARRRRGH!!!! (curtain down)...

This is a very naive outlook on the situation.... If they are doing this "just this one time" then what are they going to do for just one time next? These people have a very shady history in regards to pleasing their player base, coupled with poor and misleading communication and shady practices.... Let's look at some recent happenings....

-Promised better, more clear communication and that they want to listen to their players.... Monthly calendar release gets worse and the road ahead is overdue by a month

-Opens a thread soliciting feedback on the Sith raid, then completely dissapearing from it and refuses to respond to direct inquiries on said thread for six months

-Starts up grand arena mode, which pushed back four TWs and promises we get our territory wars rewards anyways (I didn't get any guild event tokens, you get any guild event tokens?)

-Rewards for GA get worse as zetas suddenly turn into omegas and stun guns and cuffs turn into med kits....

-Cuts toons from TB, many of which are either P2P or very hard farms, many of which are required to make a team or faction work (Ever try running NS without zombie?)...

-Only one TB scheduled in January, again cutting guild event token income severely

-While gimping guild event token income, the only way you can farm hermit Yoda and Wampa, new Hoda and Wampa packs for purchase mysteriously show up in the store.... Hmmm

Honesty and straightforward practices do not seem to be their specialty.....
  • This won’t be a popular post, but some of you folks need to take multiple deep breaths and seek perspective. Maybe go outside and take a walk.

This TW modification may be a terrible idea, but too many of you sound like CG is ruining the most important thing in your life.

It’s a video game. If you have THAT much money involved that you can’t roll with the punches, that’s on you. If you’re SO emotionally invested in particular pixels on a screen that you created a forum account to complain you can’t use them for a couple days in one event, Jesus.

If it sucks, it won’t come back. They’re pretty good about making things right.

Let it play out. May not be as bad as you feared. In the meantime, just breathe.
  • EPMAN
    76 posts Member
    why?
  • I like the idea that they want to bring new input into the TW. But i dont think you should take something away from players on which they invested a lot time into. It doesnt feel fair. The better idea is to give unique powers to some toons like they did with mace or dooku. Or they should have 1 - 2 areas in which only jawas / tusken / wookies whatever are allowed to deploy and attack . So you make people think more about their lineup, use toons they normaly dont use and amimate people to farm and gear up every toon
  • BBQ_Sig wrote: »
    This won’t be a popular post, but some of you folks need to take multiple deep breaths and seek perspective. Maybe go outside and take a walk.

This TW modification may be a terrible idea, but too many of you sound like CG is ruining the most important thing in your life.

It’s a video game. If you have THAT much money involved that you can’t roll with the punches, that’s on you. If you’re SO emotionally invested in particular pixels on a screen that you created a forum account to complain you can’t use them for a couple days in one event, Jesus.

Let it play out. May not be as bad as you feared. In the meantime, just breathe.

Chances are we won't be able to Roll with the Punches, since BB8 is up for the chop too...
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    So I think we upto 10 ya and 880 na
  • I agree this is as horrible change to TW. What is the point of building a roster and gearing up toons if they are just going to be removed from play from an event designed to let you use your entire roster? How does that make any sense? So people get penalized for working hard and developing their rosters to watch it go to crap? How is that even fun? New and up coming players that have small rosters could have their entire usefulness taken away. The lost of one or 2 key leaders cripples their teams ability to do things. While players with larger rosters have at least some options. So once again the top end players are effected the least and the middle to lower end players are hurt the most.
  • Caz
    19 posts Member
    I’ve been playing this game since the beginning and am not a big user on the forums, but something like this will bring me out to leave a comment and add fuel to the fire just so that CG can see how muh negative feedback is coming.

I’m sure many people have already brought up the major issues... but seriously...

In the simplest terms, taking stuff away will always be a terrible idea.

There will be so many players (especially new or low GP players) that will get stuck with 4 toons in a faction and won’t know who to plug in for their 5th.

The Clone Wars TW buffs were amazing and fun! It shook things up enough to rethink our defensive strategies and use up resources to build up those 4 special toons. When those special TW started, my only criticism was... why didn’t they re-skin the actual map to have a Clone Wars era look. We were still fighting on Jakku.

Having a rotational buff + re-skin of the map would be a better direction for changing up TW.
  • Chances are we won't be able to Roll with the Punches, since BB8 is up for the chop too...

Crossed my mind when I wrote it.
    This won’t be a popular post, but some of you folks need to take multiple deep breaths and seek perspective. Maybe go outside and take a walk.

You and I have been playing a different game for the last 3 years if you see CG as "pretty good about making things right". Its been my experience that if they don't have 60 pages of negative feedback you mayaswell have said "great idea CG 5*s as always you guys rock!".

Also saying this is about one event for a couple days and one event is nonsense. A measurable % of the community plays this game because of TW and we've "rolled with the punches" for 2 months now without a strait up war. This isn't about one event, its about them changing the nature of what TW is. I play this game because I like tw, you better believe I'm going to complain when they make a series of decisions like this.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    I have 53 7 star characters and you want to remove 28 of them from tw 😆😂😂😂. This is obviously created by someone playing with a developers roster and didn’t consider newer players at all. Right?@CG_TopHat

That is the issue for me. I do not have a very deep roster so my contributions are already limited since I am F2P. Everyone of those groups I will have at least 2 toons banned from the event. I could end up with 60%+ of what is viable for my contribution no longer be available. I guess this will be another part of the game I stop taking part in.
  • Please don't do this CG/EA. It's gonna be a complete mess. I'm not gonna repeat all the reasons that has been stated in the thread.

So, just don't...
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Based on number of comments in a thread over a period of time this has blown sith raid epicly out if the water!
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat

This is a terrible idea! Why would you restrict players from using toons that they have spent time and money on? You stated you want to take territory wars in a more playful and fun direction. Removing toons does not accomplish that goal. You are basically telling me my invest in toons that I get enjoyment out of playing with is worthless in TW.

I don’t recall seeing the community calling for the removal of certain toons in TW, so why are we even having this discussion? If you are going to remove toons why not represent all factions not just the catalyst for some squads?
  • This is the dumbest idea yet.

TW was the only enjoyable thing left in this game for me and now you are taking away our characters to use in battle. I've been spending money to help create specific defensive factions for TW and now I won't be able to use the whole teams. But I'm happy, now I won't be inclined to spend any more money on this game due chars I cant use.
  • I'm joining the chorus of those who think this is a very bad idea. I understand that you are trying to enliven a game mode, but this is a very bad way to go about that.

Honestly, it probably won't affect me personally very much because I have a widely developed roster across almost all factions (3.8M GP), but for some of my guildmates who are in the 1.5-2.5M GP range, this could absolutely decimate their rosters and ruin their fun for this TW. If they've been working very hard on FO, JTR, BH, Phoenix, and Rebel squads as the strength of their account, and then have BB8, CLS, Hera, 2 or more FO toons, and Bossk "banned" from their accounts--even for just one TW--it will make them feel like they are dead weight keeping the guild down.

That's not what anyone wants, but I suspect that is how it is going to go down.
  • I’m going to leave you my comment first, then give you the feedback from my guild. We are a 116m GP Guild. We are destroyed because of this!

I have 34 Zetas on my account. Looking at the nerf, and I could potentially lose 30 Zetas this TW. As Zetas are not easy to Gear Up (especially the gold ability mats), I have changed my opinion on this, and think it’s the wrong thing to do. I mean I put in the “work” for all of those Zetas, and to have them removed to help my guild is just heartbreaking. How is that “fun?”

I feel that You CG have made some pretty silly decisions of late, that are really hurting this community. A fair few people (I hope I am wrong) will most likely feel that this is the straw that broke the camels back and quit the game.

To be fair, it kind of all started with the Sith Triumvirate Raid. Guilds were torn apart as players went searching for Traya. Then we had Marquee after Marquee after Marquee and when we finally got our first Legendary Event Of The year (Chewbacca) it was so ridiculously stupidly hard that I was throwing my phone at the wall! No EVENT should take 200 Tries!!!! That event upset and STILL upsets a lot of players too.

Then it was the excitement of Revan, only to be squashed by the biggest paywall this game has ever seen. Then came C-3PO who needed Ewoks (of whom not many invested in really) to get him. Those that didn’t have them, failed. Bossk goes free to play, and he receives a slight Nerf, same with Enfy’s Nest. Shard chat then became a thing destroying the Arena for a lot of people. Now YOU pull this move of destroying TW by removing characters????

We have spent a lot of time, money and effort in getting to help out out guilds? I don’t get it! Where’s my Kangaroo??? I think it needs to Box some heads! 🦘
  • Skylicus wrote: »
    BBQ_Sig wrote: »

You and I have been playing a different game for the last 3 years if you see CG as "pretty good about making things right". Its been my experience that if they don't have 60 pages of negative feedback you mayaswell have said "great idea CG 5*s as always you guys rock!".

Also saying this is about one event for a couple days and one event is nonsense. A measurable % of the community plays this game because of TW and we've "rolled with the punches" for 2 months now without a strait up war. This isn't about one event, its about them changing the nature of what TW is. I play this game because I like tw, you better believe I'm going to complain when they make a series of decisions like this.

Take this out to its conclusion. If this is the future of TW, and it’s like this forever, and this is your favorite thing, are you quitting the game?

For the record, I think this change is a little silly and people have pointed out good alternatives that shake it up, but again, I don’t get fired up over a game, so I may differ from the average forum user.

Just curious what people are willing to do other than complain.
  • This the worst idea ever. I was upset about Revan but this has made furious. CG what are you playing at. The first few lines of this announcement was a blatant lie. What feed back did you get that said this was a good idea. I will tell you that what did happen, some one in your marketing department said this was a great idea and development team where told you need do this and it is up to the community team lie and spin this idea to the players.
    Well done CG you have ruined TW, Happy New Year.
  • Camaris wrote: »
    Why do developers tend to destroy their good running games by unpopular decisions?

Because they need something to do. When you have monthly and quarterly goals for "feature releases" you will come to a point where you need to make stuff up just to have something to do!

Take this out to its conclusion. If this is the future of TW, and it’s like this forever, and this is your favorite thing, are you quitting the game?

Just curious what people are willing to do other than complain.

For me personally, it will be the beginning of the end. Just call it money lost.. as TW was what I enjoyed most playing as a team and if I don't enjoy that aspect anymore then I'll find a new game to play.
This discussion has been closed.