Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    It’s treason then.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Mef1428
    144 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie @CG_TopHat

I went through the first 3 pages of this thread and looked for unique account responses. This is the result:

6 positive, 41 negative, 4 neutral/ambivalent

Even controlling for forum bias - those upset with something are much more likely to post than those who are not - this is not close to a good response ratio. Without reading every response, a scan of the most recent few pages indicate to me that this ratio has turned harder negative.

I'm more of a roll with the punches type (if BB8 isn't excluded), and believe my guild will survive if not prosper during this one time experiment, but I have to say the arguments of those opposed do seem to be more convincing.
  • This is brutal. All these toons we spend time on and now they are banned. This better not last. Don’t put a stupid twist on a great game mode.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I bet devs read all 30 pages every word and were like...

“They love it lets do more stuff like this...”. “Man we get such positive feedback...o’DOYLE RULES”
  • Not letting me use characters I have built up is not my idea of fun
  • I’ve played this game for two years. I’ve spent a fair amount on it. There is one thing that keeps me playing...the community. Being in a guild (and shard) with a bunch of like minded SW fans. And all of us in the guild working together towards the goal of winning.

I have 3.9M GP. I’m an end game player. Let’s look at the community portions of the game.

Territory battles...we get 45 LS/47 DS. Don’t need to focus at all until day 6 of LS to max points, and we’re GP gated from 48 DS. It’s a chore, no different than any other daily activity.

Raids...most of us can now solo Rancor and HAAT. The Sith Raid...we can probably complete it with 8-10 active players. It makes no difference to the guild if any one player participates...it’s just a question if I want to compete with other guild members for better rewards (and outside of a chance at full pieces in HSTR, the rewards are so broken it’s rarely worth the time.

Territory Wars...that’s why we all look forward to it. It’s the one true guild vs guild activity. And we all build our teams and invest in them to maximize our chances. Do you really think it’s fair, and encouraging, for someone to invest two weeks of time, and maybe some cash, into a character to watch him get benched?? Or screw up an entire team as a result?

The buffs were cool and different. It encouraged us to look at underutilized characters like Mace and CUP and consider investing in them. And we could look forward to more buffs on other characters we may have developed, that were never part of the meta. There are other ways to improve it...how about having a territory “cloaked”, where you have to attack teams blind? Do you go in strong or weak? All ways to encourage outside the box thinking.

Don’t take away our favorite toons. It’s not fair, it’s not right, and it’s not fun. Grand Arena has been a great addition (more work to be done, but great start). Don’t break what’s fun about TW.
  • Please rework quests that have TW wins as a prerequisite to move onto the next quest. I’m already stalled on Dengars Bounty Hunter quest because of no TW and if he gets voted off in some TW’s, that’s an even longer delay.

If your going to completely overhaul TW, overhaul the quests that have TW wins as a prerequisite.
  • I hear all the whales dying in the sea.
  • personally I am impressed about CG, but not in a positive way; how can they have so many dumb ideas lately, and all those, so many, in such a short time ?
    first, they made those changes in GA, with 3 vs 3, exactly during the Christmas holydays;
    now they want to change the tw , and all the changes are about teams that are used for battles;
    why would they believe, just for a second, that poeple like to switch mods all the day, to spend lot of time on building teams, that suddenly cannot be used anymore (even if for a while), why would they implement stupid periodical bonusses, that are also affecting some teams you worked a lot on;
    where is the predictibality needed to play this game ? they just ruin some great aspects of the game, and take the fun of it;
    It looks like they recently hired some dumb-**** engineer, who has nothing to do with reality of this game
  • I mentioned Thanos last night. This really feels like End Game to me though. CG has issues in the game that people want fixed. Then instead they go try something new and break that. I'm 8-1 but hate GA. Hate the matchmaking. Hate that people dont put defenses in or dont attack. I haven't experienced the no defense but others have. CG also keeps nerfing. Or just throw a free character out that counters someone people paid for. I am very close to getting Revan. For free. Well, I've spent daily crystal refreshes to get everyone within a week or two of 7*. They are teaching us to not buy stuff. If people quit buying then its game over. I expected the game to be over when they ran out of characters. I didnt think they were to that point but who knows. I have 0 trust in CG not continuing down this path. And it isn't a good one. I almost quit a couple months ago. My guild got me to keep going. It's a good group. Well, they're just as ticked off at this as I am. I'm done spending $ here. Why waste it for something I may not even get to use. That's end game.
  • CG, I like that you are trying things. I like that you are attempting to mix it up and encourage people to try different strategies. But do it with weird and creative bonuses, not just eliminating characters from the pool. You're talking about cutting out 28 toons that we have all worked on, a lot of whom we use on a regular basis and rely on for certain teams and strategies to work. You were more on the right track with the Clone Wars bonuses, though those ranged from completely irrelevant due to being on such an awful character (Grievous) or being overpowered due to the current meta (Mace with either Revan or Bastila).
  • RawdSW
    150 posts Member
    This is a horrible idea. Giving bonuses to less popular characters *works*. Removing more popular characters *doesn't*. Why is it so difficult to comprehend?
  • I think this will change it up a bit and make it more interesting. If take put Traya one TW and she's in the next. Could be interesting. Or totally bouched job of TW. Waiting on opinion for first go round.
  • Most gamers won't know about this. Be funny as well to hear complaints from uninformed that SWGOH is broken because it won't let them play with revan.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Pure and utter ****!
  • qbk94
    10 posts Member
    Wow, there are a lot of complainers here. How about giving it a shot first? Everyone seemed to like the toon bonuses in Nov. EA didn't consult with the player base on that. They threw it out there, we played it and it was good. Maybe the mistake here by EA was actually soliciting feedback.

TW has gotten a bit stale. We're seeing a lot of the same teams and tactics being used. This will force guilds to come up with new strategies and team combinations on the fly. It promotes experimentation That sounds like fun to me.
  • MLFNK
    19 posts Member
    So. CG adds bonuses to toons for a limited time, receives positive feedback, and from that experiment concludes that the next natural step is _REMOVING_ toons that break factions instead of adding to them. I find that... interesting, to put it mildly. I hope this gets nipped in the bud ASAP.
  • Garbage. Let's introduce a game mode that allows players to use their entire roster. Then, let's put random holes in random players rosters. Total garbage. Maybe you should let us vote on even allowing this asinine idea to exist.
  • raybron99 wrote: »
    While I appreciate the try at spicing it up, I think this is not a very good decision. While it would be interesting to shake up some teams with different toons(Like losing darth Nihilus in the traya team), outright losing an entire team because the leader is banned(Revan, Bossk, KRU) is going to be a really bad feeling because it has the potential to invalidate up to 5 toons, by just losing one leader. Maybe next time you do this do not include leaders.

Not to mention Thrawn is on the chopping block. One of FOUR capital ship pilots...
  • qbk94 wrote: »
    Wow, there are a lot of complainers here. How about giving it a shot first? Everyone seemed to like the toon bonuses in Nov. EA didn't consult with the player base on that. They threw it out there, we played it and it was good. Maybe the mistake here by EA was actually soliciting feedback.

TW has gotten a bit stale. We're seeing a lot of the same teams and tactics being used. This will force guilds to come up with new strategies and team combinations on the fly. It promotes experimentation That sounds like fun to me.

TW is the one game mode that constantly evolves. We haven't had a straight up TW since October. A straight TW tomorrow would look a lot different then what it was in October.
  • How did this idea ever progress past brainstorming? Considering how people feel about platoons in TB, how can anyone call it "a more playful and fun direction"? Making some less used characters super powerful was a nice change and added some variety. This does exactly the opposite and only looks like a way to get people in to farming 7 character teams instead of 5.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    qbk94 wrote: »

I see a lot more valid points on why its bad then just the usual old its bad arguments. I mean your complaining right now AMIRITE
  • qbk94 wrote: »

There were a lot of complaints about the November change, at least those who realized it essentially turned Mace into a one man counter for several comps and caused a lot of meticulous planning and prep to go up in smoke with little warning.

This is arguably worse, because it's going to in many cases decide who wins based on the luck of which guild happened to have the right characters built up based on a survey that can involves people outside your brackets/match ups and possibly even outside the game.
  • I don't understand the outrage. People get their unders in a bind because they have a fluffy roster for GA and now that there is an attempt to give fluffy rosters an advantage everyone blows up?

And it's for 1, ONE, UNO, territory war. A game mode where the difference between first and second place rewards are so small it's not even worth the effort.
  • qbk94
    10 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    qbk94 wrote: »

I see a lot more valid points on why its bad then just the usual old its bad arguments. I mean your complaining right now AMIRITE

You're right, I was complaining about the complaining!

The concept of using more of your roster to shake teams out of the same old game play match ups is what makes GA fun to me. Temporarily handicapping rosters promotes the same thing in my mind. EA already does this with light side and dark side TBs. Nobody is complaining about not being able to use Traya in light side TB?

My gripe is calling it the "worst idea ever" before trying it out. That type of outrage is ridiculous. The devs and game producers are monitoring all the playing data. They see what we're doing, who we're using, how many people are engaging. This idea isn't falling from the sky. Maybe it'll be fun. Maybe it'll be flop. I see the potential and I'm willing to give it a shot.
  • Feedback recieved- some players liked bonuses on non meta toons

Feedback heard- players want to be forced to use non meta toons

Still not sure where the feedback comes from because it’s not the forum
This discussion has been closed.