Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

  • TVF
    36572 posts Member
    thetones22 wrote: »
    Not a fan of this change, makes all of my work towards TW centric teams a complete waste and it insults those who spent money on Revan.

    A complete waste because you can't use them in one game mode for one or two times.

    Where is the sense of perspective?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Seems like a stupid idea to me. Much preferred the buffing of random chars than removing chars from peoples rosters. Will guild gp matchups take into account the chars they can’t use? Would suck if not and an oversight on your part.
  • This is the worst idea ever. I made a forum ID for the sole purpose of expressing my disgust for this proposal. Who thought this could possibly be a good idea?
  • Just make a team great arena. Like a 3 guild members are choosen to play togheteher. Woulb a lot a fun.
  • CG, this is definitely not FUN and PLAYABLE!! what are you thinking?? The players said that they had fun with boosting some characters, which is WAY different than banning players. I will make sure I don't spend anymore money on this game if this is the best you can do in interpreting your players likes.
  • I guess I know why ppl complaining about GA, because they don't have enough squads to play.
  • exile038 wrote: »
    You can't have your cake and eat it. Whats wrong with new content that challenges players? Many comments on this forum make it seem, from a certain point of view, that people only want events that they meet the requirements to complete on the first try and that they always want to win regardless of the opponent. Part of the fun of this game is making the journey to unlocking characters and progressing through difficult challenges. look at the raids. When the rancor raid was first available TEEBO was one of the best if not the best leader for the raid, now he holds much less value, however he still can be useful. As game modes change players must adapt, otherwise why even get new content if it all follows the same mechanics and power curves. A couple of years Lando lead, Jedi Knight Anakin, IG-88, Palp, and Stormtrooper Han were a META team at Gear 10 and 40,000 power. Now the META teams are 100,000+ power. The game changes. There’s always a bigger fish, you can’t stop the change, any more than you can stop the suns from setting.

    Removing content is not new content. People liked the bonuses because those were new content. Is this hard to understand?
  • I'm done spending till this is normal again. Put money into toons i won't be able to use
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    MajoreMike wrote: »
    I'm done spending till this is normal again. Put money into toons i won't be able to use
    It’ll be normal again in the following TW. It’s a one TW change — trying to test waters
  • TVF wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Those who think that people who don’t comment on the forums like the idea are being a bit naive.

    Show me where I said that.

    I'm saying that the people who think they know what the majority of the player base wants have no way of actually knowing.

    You are just engaging in semantics. I don’t think most people are under the impression that the comments on the forums are equivalent to a scientific poll. But the fact that the comments on the forums (representing the views of hundreds to thousands of players) are overwhelmingly negative clearly indiciates that this isn’t being received well. That’s kind of the entire point of the forums. They asked us to vote via the forums, and the consensus seems to be “this sucks.” That’s just fact.
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    MajoreMike wrote: »
    I'm done spending till this is normal again. Put money into toons i won't be able to use
    It’ll be normal again in the following TW. It’s a one TW change — trying to test waters

    Not likely. It's a new precedent of excluding specific toons from certain events.
    We said the same with the difficulty of the chewy event.. Ppl just went with it, thinking it'd be a one time deal.. Then 3p0 showed that they plan to keep the new difficulty.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Gannon wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    MajoreMike wrote: »
    I'm done spending till this is normal again. Put money into toons i won't be able to use
    It’ll be normal again in the following TW. It’s a one TW change — trying to test waters

    Not likely. It's a new precedent of excluding specific toons from certain events.
    We said the same with the difficulty of the chewy event.. Ppl just went with it, thinking it'd be a one time deal.. Then 3p0 showed that they plan to keep the new difficulty.
    I'm definitely not ok with the bar its setting. I think CG got the message (I know I'm being optimistic) and I'd prefer to see a verbal announcement in the dev announcement section that they will not try to exclude specific toons from game modes in the future like they tried here
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    The last bonus to tw was for the entire month. Will this be the same?
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    The last bonus to tw was for the entire month. Will this be the same?
    Well, if Crumb's word is to be believed
    We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future, but for the next Territory War, we’re giving the community the ability to shape what it looks like!
    THIS POLL IS FOR THE NEXT Territory Wars (1/13/2018). Click below and get picking!

    Sounds like its only applicable to the next immediate TW
  • DEATHCOYOTE
    977 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Face it, the overwhelming feedback is a collective “WHAT THE HECK!!” The community has spoken and ignoring the positive feedback of selective bonuses and moving* straight to bans is quite possibly the biggest game design failure you have ever suggested for this game. The positive feedback is only from those without the $ invested to use the toons, who would basically praise you for anything. Every sci-fi or fantasy genre has those folks. The negative feedback is obviously overwhelming on here AND reddit. How about an update telling us wether or not you will ignore the majority of your playerbase.
    Post edited by DEATHCOYOTE on
  • Just because you guys have apparently failed miserably at match making in TW, you want to take away toons WE have busted our rumps to farm. Makes perfect sense.

    How about fixing the modes of the game which are actually broke. Or prior to you guys introducing something, try testing it out.

    We get that you have to do something for the new players, but banning characters in a pathetic attempt to help 'even' the match up since you're unable to fix the guild matching is rediculous.
  • Troyo wrote: »
    I don't think this sounds like a good idea, but we shall see once it's rolled out. I think it could be interesting. If four of those groups get voted out they are really going to ruffle some feathers. I feel most of what they do is to make more money and benefit the P2P and that's fine someone has to financially support this game. If Traya, GMY, Raven, and EP groups are voted out That dismantles basically all metas in arena. Most people that have all those teams are probably P2P. Do they really want to make them mad???? Don't bite the hand that feeds you type thing.

    Wasn't everyone complaining about Revan and Traya controlling the game?? Vote them out. Seems the game is giving you what you want.

    Fanbase cries Revan and Traya are too OP and I can't beat them TW is sooo unfair!!!

    The Devs say new idea we are going to let you vote out those toons in next TW.

    Fanbase cries this is the worst idea ever NOoooooo!!! TW is the one thing I loved about this game.

    Come on Man!!!!!!!

    “Wasn’t everyone complaining about Revan and Traya controlling the game?” - wrong. You have to change that to “everyone who doesn’t have Revan or Traya”.

    And sure, as someone who has Revan, I agree he controls the game, but I definitely want to be able to use Revan in TW. We make gear investment decisions into our teams based on the extent we can use them, just randomly removing them from one mode is a bloody dumb move and a total attempt to cashgrab by making players panic gear their “unbanned” toons.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    The last bonus to tw was for the entire month. Will this be the same?
    Well, if Crumb's word is to be believed
    We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future, but for the next Territory War, we’re giving the community the ability to shape what it looks like!
    THIS POLL IS FOR THE NEXT Territory Wars (1/13/2018). Click below and get picking!

    Sounds like its only applicable to the next immediate TW

    I think the concern is not whether this poll is applicable only to the next tw, but whether we will have polls again and again and again on who to ban in tw right before each tw.

    At the rate they are going, they might as well just blank out all character portraits for tw, so you dont know what you are placing on defense and what you are attacking, until you are in the battle of course.
  • I just refuse to even vote, the more people that actually vote, the more they will think the idea was a success. TW was most interesting aspect of game in my opinion, I really liked the idea of random buffs for certain factions or specific characters. How this turned into voting to ban certain groups of toons I have no idea.

    I attended a CG hosted focus group and 100% of the people that attended wanted inter guild PvP that didn’t require energy or provide rewards but just gave us a fun sandbox type test bed to put 5 of our best toons versus a guildmates best 5. Work on that please.
  • I'm one of the people that doesn't like this idea. If you want to have more underutilized characters get buffs like in the last event that's cool, but banning characters doesn't appeal to me.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Underverse wrote: »
    I just refuse to even vote, the more people that actually vote, the more they will think the idea was a success.
    Someone on the forums linked to a reddit thread where a user was using a python script to repeatedly vote in the background by running the script that chooses Revan block and 5 others at random....
  • Im sure there are alot of people who like the idea me being one cause it changes your strategy up alot and it seems like it will be a blast but alot wont post that they like the idea cause they dont want to get bombarded with hate from those who dont like the idea.

    Its not like those toons will be "banned" forever just the month next month could be toon bonuses, another set of "bans" or something completely different and new.

    Every time i read comments on the forums 80% or more its always hate with a few likes here and there so you only see the negative on the forums not all the good also cause most dont see a reason to post if uts fine but only if they hate it.
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    Im sure there are alot of people who like the idea me being one cause it changes your strategy up alot and it seems like it will be a blast but alot wont post that they like the idea cause they dont want to get bombarded with hate from those who dont like the idea.

    Its not like those toons will be "banned" forever just the month next month could be toon bonuses, another set of "bans" or something completely different and new.

    Every time i read comments on the forums 80% or more its always hate with a few likes here and there so you only see the negative on the forums not all the good also cause most dont see a reason to post if uts fine but only if they hate it.

    Imma throw you in a sarlac pit for that.. 😁

    Fact is, if we "just go with it," like you say, yea they'll keep adding bans to toons ppl focus on for long periods of time or spend money to get up to par. Not trying to be super negative dude, just trying to prevent them thinking this is a good or even okay direction for the game.
    Ppl pay to get and use these things, such restrictions are insulting, at best.

    Also, i love things that change and add more strategy, like 3v3. This isn't anything like that, it's literally restricting the use of digital products that many ppl paid real money for
  • They post they are adding a sandbox inter guild type arena challenge with no energy cost and no rewards and we will see the number of positive posts about it. The community wants it and we just need CG to deliver on that request.
  • Gannon wrote: »
    Im sure there are alot of people who like the idea me being one cause it changes your strategy up alot and it seems like it will be a blast but alot wont post that they like the idea cause they dont want to get bombarded with hate from those who dont like the idea.

    Its not like those toons will be "banned" forever just the month next month could be toon bonuses, another set of "bans" or something completely different and new.

    Every time i read comments on the forums 80% or more its always hate with a few likes here and there so you only see the negative on the forums not all the good also cause most dont see a reason to post if uts fine but only if they hate it.

    Imma throw you in a sarlac pit for that.. 😁

    Fact is, if we "just go with it," like you say, yea they'll keep adding bans to toons ppl focus on for long periods of time or spend money to get up to par. Not trying to be super negative dude, just trying to prevent them thinking this is a good or even okay direction for the game.
    Ppl pay to get and use these things, such restrictions are insulting, at best.

    Also, i love things that change and add more strategy, like 3v3. This isn't anything like that, it's literally restricting the use of digital products that many ppl paid real money for

    I like the restrictions it changes it up more then giving buffs to toons but will agree banning 28 the first go is probably a little to many maybe 15 or 10 to start to get the idea going
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    Im sure there are alot of people who like the idea me being one cause it changes your strategy up alot and it seems like it will be a blast but alot wont post that they like the idea cause they dont want to get bombarded with hate from those who dont like the idea.

    Its not like those toons will be "banned" forever just the month next month could be toon bonuses, another set of "bans" or something completely different and new.

    Every time i read comments on the forums 80% or more its always hate with a few likes here and there so you only see the negative on the forums not all the good also cause most dont see a reason to post if uts fine but only if they hate it.

    Imma throw you in a sarlac pit for that.. 😁

    Fact is, if we "just go with it," like you say, yea they'll keep adding bans to toons ppl focus on for long periods of time or spend money to get up to par. Not trying to be super negative dude, just trying to prevent them thinking this is a good or even okay direction for the game.
    Ppl pay to get and use these things, such restrictions are insulting, at best.

    Also, i love things that change and add more strategy, like 3v3. This isn't anything like that, it's literally restricting the use of digital products that many ppl paid real money for

    I like the restrictions it changes it up more then giving buffs to toons but will agree banning 28 the first go is probably a little to many maybe 15 or 10 to start to get the idea going

    There are so many things they could and should be fixing, adding, expanding, etc.. Restricting toons tho no.. If they hope to keep players who are paying to increase/expand/enhance their characters, there should NEVER be restrictions like this. Ever..
    And I seriously doubt I'm the only one advocating this..
  • Gannon wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    Im sure there are alot of people who like the idea me being one cause it changes your strategy up alot and it seems like it will be a blast but alot wont post that they like the idea cause they dont want to get bombarded with hate from those who dont like the idea.

    Its not like those toons will be "banned" forever just the month next month could be toon bonuses, another set of "bans" or something completely different and new.

    Every time i read comments on the forums 80% or more its always hate with a few likes here and there so you only see the negative on the forums not all the good also cause most dont see a reason to post if uts fine but only if they hate it.

    Imma throw you in a sarlac pit for that.. 😁

    Fact is, if we "just go with it," like you say, yea they'll keep adding bans to toons ppl focus on for long periods of time or spend money to get up to par. Not trying to be super negative dude, just trying to prevent them thinking this is a good or even okay direction for the game.
    Ppl pay to get and use these things, such restrictions are insulting, at best.

    Also, i love things that change and add more strategy, like 3v3. This isn't anything like that, it's literally restricting the use of digital products that many ppl paid real money for

    I like the restrictions it changes it up more then giving buffs to toons but will agree banning 28 the first go is probably a little to many maybe 15 or 10 to start to get the idea going

    There are so many things they could and should be fixing, adding, expanding, etc.. Restricting toons tho no.. If they hope to keep players who are paying to increase/expand/enhance their characters, there should NEVER be restrictions like this. Ever..
    And I seriously doubt I'm the only one advocating this..

    But limiting toons expands the game more then giving a few random toons some ok ish buffs. Yes matching needs fixing a bit more and adding more old republic era toons and more sith toons like exar kun darth bane and other toons in that era but i totally agree we limiting toons randomly to make people think out side of the box and allow more creativity within the game then you would see other wise i would be fine if all key toons in all factions get removed from tw forcing players to set g8 or so toons on defense or gear them up allowing for more combinations and udeas to happen and would force people to "inflate" there gp more other then only ever useing specific toons if there goal is to make players lvl and/or gear up there whole roster limiting toons is the best way of doing it
  • Instead of implementing their ideas without consulting the community, maybe just MAAAAYBE they could hold a Q&A thread from ideas to make TW more fun. Maybe they could also hold a General Q&A thread like they promised almost a year ago but never did. MAYBE start fulfilling promises
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Instead of implementing their ideas without consulting the community, maybe just MAAAAYBE they could hold a Q&A thread from ideas to make TW more fun. Maybe they could also hold a General Q&A thread like they promised almost a year ago but never did. MAYBE start fulfilling promises

    Almost every game ever hasn't/dont ask what people want they just do it for them to even allow us to vote for toons we want in tw and dont select toons we dont want is a privilege not a right they could have done it them selfs and when tw started going oh yea btw you cant use these toons
  • Im sure there are alot of people who like the idea me being one cause it changes your strategy up alot and it seems like it will be a blast but alot wont post that they like the idea cause they dont want to get bombarded with hate from those who dont like the idea.

    Its not like those toons will be "banned" forever just the month next month could be toon bonuses, another set of "bans" or something completely different and new.

    Every time i read comments on the forums 80% or more its always hate with a few likes here and there so you only see the negative on the forums not all the good also cause most dont see a reason to post if uts fine but only if they hate it.

    But honestly ask yourself if there has been as much disapproval in any other thread compared to this. You can simply take reference from the GA threads - many counter arguments there to all the whining on g12 vs g8. Here, the posts are overwhelmingly against the idea.
This discussion has been closed.