Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Instead of implementing their ideas without consulting the community, maybe just MAAAAYBE they could hold a Q&A thread from ideas to make TW more fun. Maybe they could also hold a General Q&A thread like they promised almost a year ago but never did. MAYBE start fulfilling promises

Almost every game ever hasn't/dont ask what people want they just do it for them to even allow us to vote for toons we want in tw and dont select toons we dont want is a privilege not a right they could have done it them selfs and when tw started going oh yea btw you cant use these toons

And there’s the privilege point again. No it’s not a privilege to tell a company what we want. As paying customers it’s our right to say “Don’t take away the toons i spent money on”

Referencing other games is foolish too. Those games that tell us what to like? Yeah they don’t last forever. It’s the ones listening to the community and finding the most profitable idea possible from feedback are the ones that prosper and survive.

Nobody likes this idea. It’s shoddy and lazy. Nobody likes unfulfilled promises. It’s decitful and lazy.
  • Options
    Instead of implementing their ideas without consulting the community, maybe just MAAAAYBE they could hold a Q&A thread from ideas to make TW more fun. Maybe they could also hold a General Q&A thread like they promised almost a year ago but never did. MAYBE start fulfilling promises

Almost every game ever hasn't/dont ask what people want they just do it for them to even allow us to vote for toons we want in tw and dont select toons we dont want is a privilege not a right they could have done it them selfs and when tw started going oh yea btw you cant use these toons

And there’s the privilege point again. No it’s not a privilege to tell a company what we want. As paying customers it’s our right to say “Don’t take away the toons i spent money on”

Referencing other games is foolish too. Those games that tell us what to like? Yeah they don’t last forever. It’s the ones listening to the community and finding the most profitable idea possible from feedback are the ones that prosper and survive.

Nobody likes this idea. It’s shoddy and lazy. Nobody likes unfulfilled promises. It’s decitful and lazy.

Saying no one likes it is lies cause i do and a few others that i see on the forums and most pulls i see on game changers vary from 5 to 10% like it
  • Options

Saying no one likes it is lies cause i do and a few others that i see on the forums and most pulls i see on game changers vary from 5 to 10% like it

The only thing close to positive that’s I’ve seen towards this idea is the generic “give it a chance before you knock it” comment. Everything else is torpedoing this idea and rightfully so. You’re forcing us to take away toons we’ve spent money on and then also taking away toons that we have no control over in selecting.

Mobilegamer gave several great ideas to keep TW fresh and fun. CG just went with the dumbest possible idea.

But hey im sure 95% hating it and 5% liking/neutral is good on a business model.

Perhaps they should take some advice from the one and only Joe Dirté.

https://youtu.be/B5LpdCXK_18
  • Options
    I still stand occasionally limiting toons is a great idea alot of competitive games limit unbalnced or cards or something that is widely used to change stuff up cause if everyone uses the same things its boring and stale so by limiting popular and commonly used toons changes the meta personal if a toon is banned so should the corresponding pilot (i hate ships with a pasion in any game) cause that would make people take into account more then just the toon. Im looking forward to not seeing traya revan nest wampa ns IT fo bh placed all the time and yes i have revan and traya and i still support this 120%
  • Options
    As paying customers it’s our right to say “Don’t take away the toons we spent money on”

Agreed. I DO NOT like this idea.
  • Options
    I’m not liking this at all. I loved what they did with the bonuses to underused characters. That was great. Give us incentive to use characters that are normally worthless. Don’t take away the characters that we’ve worked so hard to unlock, level, and gear (not to mention the fact that many of us spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars just to get a single team ready).
    Maybe CG is trying to prove to us that they aren’t the money hungry villains they’re often portrayed as.... they’re certainly doing a great job of alienating the big spenders with this move.
  • Options
    I really hope the devs see how overwhelmingly against this idea the community is and kill it before it happens. I was really disappointed that TW had been cancelled, and couldn’t wait for it’s return. If this is what you’re gonna do with it it can stay gone, though.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hey folks, let's please not accost people or accuse them of "trolling" if they disagree with you on something. I get there are folks here unhappy with this idea but folks who may not be more positive on it aren't "shills" or just trying to troll. :smile:
  • Options
    battlefield 5, fallout76, diablo immortal and now swgoh TW voting
  • Options
    I'm GL of TeNs Heroic Boot Camp. We're basically a grow out/training guild for our 10 guild alliance. Our guilds mission is to quickly and efficiently farm up the right Characters and squads required to unlock Heroes/Legendaries, and get some Raid squads going, and they're promoted up to heroic.
    This is a guild that will never run an HSTR raid by design. As soon as a player is ready to really contribute to HSTR raid, they're promoted.
    We have a high turnover rate with weeding out inactives, and promoting players as they become ready. Our GP as a guild averages right around 49-64mgp give or take, depending on what we've got going on.
    MY problem with the Ban Characters for TW is, in a guild our size, and with the squads our players are laser focused on, EVERY single squad in our guild is going to take a hit.
    Our players are discouraged from farming characters that are unnecessary to complete these events. So they don't have 8 FO characters in their rosters to play around with. That's for when they hit free farm status.
    Not to mention, the early game grind is REAL! These guys are busting their butts off on every one of these characters they have in their rosters, and now CG is going to tell them they can't use them in the MOST open mode of the game?
    I am interested to see how it all plays out, but right now, I'm not too thrilled.
  • Options
    The way the post sounded, it was like GA is the designated competition mode and now were are going to goof off with tw. Which is stupid, tw has the "team" aspect to it that GA cannot replace. TW is one of the best modes, and this change is horrible. It displays a total disregard to weaker players with smaller rosters. I battled a guy in GA who literally only had one team, a maxed out old republic squad. So what hes just not going to be able to participate? Hope this does not happen, and I hope there really isnt just one GA this month!?
  • Options
    I think, if you want to make TW more interesting. Continue with the character bonuses, Have 3v3 TW a couple times a month, or something along THOSE lines. But don't take characters away that players spent a ton of time and work to get ready for arenas, raids, TBs AND TWs.
    If you guys want to ACTUALLY raise the bar, make the GAME as a whole more interesting, and expand? Then how about we get a fleet raid? Take down the death star or something. Give shards for Malevolence Capital ship.
    You could kill a lot of birds with THAT stone. You'll give players more incentive to work with their fleets, you'll be able to roll out a Seperatist Capital ship (we don't have one of those yet) make it pretty meta, and roll it out with GG rework we keep hearing about, and you'll be able to expand the game in the area of the game you have the MOST room to expand.
  • Options
    I don't mind the faction bonuses, but barring toons is a bad idea imo. People have put a lot of time and money into their toons, they want to use them.
  • Options
    Not going to vote..... The concept is stupid
  • Options
    It's been said before on these pages. But I wanted to add my weight behind this comment too.

GA is competitive player vs player. I like it.

TW is now supposed to be the 'playground' to goof off. I completely disagree here. TW is just as competitive as GA but is for the whole guild vs another guild, an entirely different experience that shouldn't be regulated to a 'playground' but maintained for serious competition too.

Finally, banning toons is the wrong move (it invalidates our investments), while adding bonuses to under-utilized toons is the right move (it rewards those who invested in non-metal).
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Apache75
    18 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Congrats CG you have been successful in finally showing me the way to leave this game. Been playing for 2+ years and steady flow of monetary investment into the game. With the most recent change it has become apparent you have little interest in keeping your long term players and more focus on new blood. So farewell enjoy the beginning of the end game uninstalled guild left.
    Post edited by Apache75 on
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Positive:
    Theory crafting; thinking of less used toons to replace normally used toons. Alternatively, thinking of new squads.

Negative:
    Removing 28 toons, which likely means we all lose, on average, 16 developed toons from our roster. For my guild I am asked to provide three defensive squads and I typically put forth four or five offensive attacks. Assuming five attacks, in total that is 40 toons used. After the ban, I will have 24 of these toons left. That is a huge deficit to overcome.
  • Options
    I still stand occasionally limiting toons is a great idea alot of competitive games limit unbalnced or cards or something that is widely used to change stuff up cause if everyone uses the same things its boring and stale so by limiting popular and commonly used toons changes the meta personal if a toon is banned so should the corresponding pilot (i hate ships with a pasion in any game) cause that would make people take into account more then just the toon. Im looking forward to not seeing traya revan nest wampa ns IT fo bh placed all the time and yes i have revan and traya and i still support this 120%

Agree with CG if you’d like, but you’re certainly in the minority here.

And there aren’t enough ships to ban them if the pilots are banned by chance. That would be an even worse idea that’s what they’re already doing.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    If this "TW Community" nonsense happens, it will show us our opinions do not matter. And we can govern ourselves accordingly. If we roll over and accept it, we deserve any such changes in the future, and have no right to complain.

This entire concept seems to show they are out of ideas and EOL is possible imho. And from a corporate viewpoint how is restricting the use of products bought and paid for a viable solution? If this is how things will be going forward, you need to add a disclaimer to your packs and related materials that "use of said heroes purchased may not be permitted in all areas of the game on an ongoing or random basis based on supposed player opinions".
  • TheRealObiOne
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Since my original post of how bad this idea is 43 pages back or so, I just want to reaffirm to EA and the Devs that this is the worst idea I have ever heard regarding this game. Please leave TW alone- you had just "fixed" the matchmaking - I believe we had 2 matches after that fix (both were fair matches for our guild). Now you are destroying TW with this horrible idea and taking the competitive nature of guild vs guild out of TW- all this after not having TW for over a month.

The employee(s) who came up with this idea should be made to clean the bathrooms for 2019 and kill the cockroaches in the basement
  • Options
    As if TW weren't lame enough already. Wish they would do away with it n while their at it the GA too. Already too much content to keep up especially since most if it sux to begin with. This game is supposed to be fun but the Devs are making it far too tedious to enjoy
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    miketo wrote: »
    Positive:
    Theory crafting; thinking of less used toons to replace normally used toons. Alternatively, thinking of new squads.

Wrong, this is being implemented to force players to develop unused heroes, and possibly spend to speed up the process. Think panic farming, except it's panic levelling.

Note: To the Devs, still think "disrupt" is a good system to build the game on? Nuff said.

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    People are going to panic level CUP for one TW?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Feelmyforce
    16 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    The employee(s) who came up with this idea should be made to clean the bathrooms for 2019 and kill the cockroaches in the basement

zzwabzwffn12.png

Since that would never actually happen maybe they could be forced to use this avatar for 2019 at least
  • Options
    Love that devs are not responding to this dumpster fire, but instead, are excitedly giving hints to next legendary.

I'd love to be more excited @CG_SBCrumb but hard to get into the mood when I'm worried about this S***show.

• Options
    TVF wrote: »

Eeth Koth for me
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Eeth Koth for me

I've been holding him steady at 96/100 just for this moment. His time is now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    If this "TW Community" nonsense happens, it will show us our opinions do not matter. And we can govern ourselves accordingly. If we roll over and accept it, we deserve any such changes in the future, and have no right to complain.

This entire concept seems to show they are out of ideas and EOL is possible imho. And from a corporate viewpoint how is restricting the use of products bought and paid for a viable solution? If this is how things will be going forward, you need to add a disclaimer to your packs and related materials that "use of said heroes purchased may not be permitted in all areas of the game on an ongoing or random basis based on supposed player opinions".

100% agreed
    Unrelated: hey paige guy that has to read through 50+ pages of complaint!
    Crumb, I think ideas like this should be presented to the community prior to deployment. I dont see how this idea left the internal table- limiting players characters they have spent money on? Cheapening the guild-centric pvp event because the 1v1 event is currently CGs flagship event? If there were employees that cautioned against, or outright disagreed with this decision- give em a promotion because they are more intune with the game and community than the developers that supported and pushed this idea out.
    TW, and, later GA are my least favorite player experiences in this game. GA penalizes players that were not surgically precise developing their rosters (like me). Understand, my reasoning for that was to inflate my roster in order to improve TB performance. Especially since ship reinforcements are non existant due to unrealistic marquee requirements, but I digress.
    GA allowed me to focus on weaknesses in my roster for the purpose of improving pvp performance in TW. TW is the epitome of guild communication and strategy. It rewards 50 players for working together as a cohesive unit to beat an opposing 50 players trying to do the same. TW is also an opt out event. No one is forced to play TW. There is little difference between winning and losing: 1 zeta, effectively.
    Now TW is being treated as a castoff event! A beta test for GA ideas. Why? Because some "vocal minority" cant handle current teams?
    Or maybe it is due to the sizable plateau between new players and old? There are better ways to engage and include new players without neutering THE MOST competitive and engaging event in this game. My hope is that you return to your team and brainstorm better ideas to engage the community, while enticing new players. This idea ain't it. Another guy had a great idea: limit certain teams to offense or defense- I could accept that type of limitation. Then at least I get to use the characters I paid for.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    obidrew1 wrote: »

100% agreed
    Unrelated: hey paige guy that has to read through 50+ pages of complaint!
    Crumb, I think ideas like this should be presented to the community prior to deployment. I dont see how this idea left the internal table- limiting players characters they have spent money on? Cheapening the guild-centric pvp event because the 1v1 event is currently CGs flagship event? If there were employees that cautioned against, or outright disagreed with this decision- give em a promotion because they are more intune with the game and community than the developers that supported and pushed this idea out.
    TW, and, later GA are my least favorite player experiences in this game. GA penalizes players that were not surgically precise developing their rosters (like me). Understand, my reasoning for that was to inflate my roster in order to improve TB performance. Especially since ship reinforcements are non existant due to unrealistic marquee requirements, but I digress.
    GA allowed me to focus on weaknesses in my roster for the purpose of improving pvp performance in TW. TW is the epitome of guild communication and strategy. It rewards 50 players for working together as a cohesive unit to beat an opposing 50 players trying to do the same. TW is also an opt out event. No one is forced to play TW. There is little difference between winning and losing: 1 zeta, effectively.
    Now TW is being treated as a castoff event! A beta test for GA ideas. Why? Because some "vocal minority" cant handle current teams?
    Or maybe it is due to the sizable plateau between new players and old? There are better ways to engage and include new players without neutering THE MOST competitive and engaging event in this game. My hope is that you return to your team and brainstorm better ideas to engage the community, while enticing new players. This idea ain't it. Another guy had a great idea: limit certain teams to offense or defense- I could accept that type of limitation. Then at least I get to use the characters I paid for.

+1000000

To quote a CG Dev in reference to GW, "Hey guys, it's supposed to be hard..". Whenever the person or persons that thought this was a good idea suggest anything, just reply "Ok, we'll take it under advisement, thanks". You know, like you do with us...
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
This discussion has been closed.