Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

  • TVF
    31091 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Here's the post that was asked about (in this thread btw):

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1739515/#Comment_1739515
    Hi folks,
    Thanks for all the feedback, this is something we intended to be a fun change of pace for TW and we will review all of your responses. Capital Games is on holiday until January 7th, but we will catch up and review the feedback on TW/GA plus talk about the Road Ahead in the following weeks.

    Note "in the following weeks." Never said it would be addressed on the 7th. Doesn't even say it will be addressed at all, just reviewed.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • While i prefer good buffs for factions that present us more options in tw vs OP buffs that create a need basically, i'm still looking forward to this TW test with restrictions. I simply don't agree with argument about losing "my investment" So what. Tw is so fun because we bang our heads against the same walls of toons every time? This Tw may prove out to be terrible and i'll gladly give my feedback if it is but to lose my head before even giving it a chance? LOL I seem to recall the sky was falling with 3v3 GA as well. Not everyone liked that but i know that many who were skeptical did enjoy it. For almost everyone who enjoys TW, it's the strategy and guild experience that contributes to that-changing these parameters does not diminish that whatsoever. IMO, it enhances them though i empathize with those who don't want restrictions similar to TB platoons. A 50+ page thread on something that hasn't even happened yet is hilarious
  • @Comet19 they never said they'd respond on the 7th.

    Here's what was actually in Crumb's comment:
    ltwmilgnve94.png

    Taken from this thread, on page three (I think, hope the link works) https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/191761/territory-wars-community-style-mega/p37

    Thanks. I had saved it in my computer and was able to pull it up a bit ago.
    Here's the thing though. They had all day to start sifting through the complaints. What were they doing yesterday in the office? No one knows. What we did get though was the announcement for the Millenium Falcon late in the day. Frankly, this comes off as tone-deaf, seeing as how they couldn't take the time to also make a statement here along the lines of "We are still evaluating feedback about TW. We'll make a formal announcemant before ___ date."
  • Comment on what? Player's complaints about something they haven't even played? I'd be shocked and disappointed if they bothered prior to the event. The inmates don't run the asylum.
  • TVF
    31091 posts Member
    Not from a lack of trying lol.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Apache75 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb you pop in over the holiday break make an announcement that staff is out until the 7th. Then that date comes and goes and no comments from any CG staff. That really doesn't instill any confidence for your clients in this organization caring about what they think. Even a "hey community we are still actively taking your concerns into account and coming to a decision on how to move forward" would be appreciated. I manage a development team in a 4 billion dollar company and if I treated or clientele this way we'd be fired. COMMUNICATION!!! Expected and owed.

    Imagine your surprise if they pop up with the message "Hey community, we are still actively taking your concerns into account and coming to a decision on how to move forward" :)

    They are responding, see all the low post count replies. Burner accounts. The restrictions will happen. Makes no difference how much we complain.

    Oh nooooooo! Take that back, say you are not right...but alas, that sounds possible...
    What a crumby situation!

    Ever notice the really positive replies are from low post accounts?

    LOL I figured. I know I shouldn’t engage but alas, it’s entertaining.

    Yup, entertaining is the word.

    I agree. It's funny watching people get so worked up over things like this. Probably why CG does it. Y'all only have yourselves to blame!

    It's long past time they can "not" do this. They have the architecture in place, it's been approved. They aren't asking for permission, they want input on who to block. The ONLY vote to be cast now that can stop it is if it falls flat on it's face.
  • chrischaos wrote: »
    Comment on what? Player's complaints about something they haven't even played? I'd be shocked and disappointed if they bothered prior to the event. The inmates don't run the asylum.
    TVF wrote: »
    Not from a lack of trying lol.

    Ever heard of the customer is always right?
    Maybe this doesn't apply to F2P, but enough P2W players are mad enough about this. And they pay the dev's salaries.
  • TVF
    31091 posts Member
    Yeah I've heard it. And it's misused all the time.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • chrischaos wrote: »
    Comment on what? Player's complaints about something they haven't even played? I'd be shocked and disappointed if they bothered prior to the event. The inmates don't run the asylum.

    Yes, could you imagine what would ensue if a business paid attention to what their customers wanted and tried to deliver it?

    Anarchy, I’m sure. This can never be allowed to happen!
  • Pretty sure CG has an amazing handle on what their paying customer base has to say on all things game related. And if that base overwhelmingly stated TW restrictions were bad, AFTER the test, i'm sure they would modify going forward. No business owner spends time and money developing or creating something and then scraps it simply due to some customer fears lol. I find it cute when peeps think because they bought a vault in 2017 they should have the right to shape the game
  • chrischaos wrote: »
    Pretty sure CG has an amazing handle on what their paying customer base has to say on all things game related. And if that base overwhelmingly stated TW restrictions were bad, AFTER the test, i'm sure they would modify going forward. No business owner spends time and money developing or creating something and then scraps it simply due to some customer fears lol. I find it cute when peeps think because they bought a vault in 2017 they should have the right to shape the game

    Have you even heard of EA? You just described their business model. They ignore the players, and do as they please. They themselves have said that perhaps buying labels and running them into the ground isn't a good idea... LOL
  • Every time I see the word players I replace it with customers in my head, because that is what we all really are. Customers. Clients. Yet we constantly see things like this, where the community is outraged over something, and it goes without response from the devs. See the HSR post for exhibit A through exhibit Y.
  • It certainly does, doesn't it?
  • Ultra
    8546 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ever heard of the customer is always right?
    In reality the customer is most often wrong
  • LOL! because i offer a respectful differing opinion then make the small passive aggressive comment in rebuttal of an attack. Yes, guilty as charged.
  • A different show but..."Resistance is futile".
    The silence is lulling me into apathetic compliance...
    No! I "will not go quietly into the night!"...
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ever heard of the customer is always right?
    In reality the customer is most often wrong

    True, but if you're working in a clothing store, helping a customer pick out clothes they like, you wouldn't take the clothes they said they liked out of their hands and tell them they couldn't try them on.
  • TVF
    31091 posts Member
    Using analogies to prove your point is exactly like driving an oven with a tree stump.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    8546 posts Moderator
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ever heard of the customer is always right?
    In reality the customer is most often wrong

    True, but if you're working in a clothing store, helping a customer pick out clothes they like, you wouldn't take the clothes they said they liked out of their hands and tell them they couldn't try them on.
    I would if they insist on opening the packed underwear box and trying it on before deciding if they want to purchase it
  • TVF wrote: »
    Using analogies to prove your point is exactly like driving an oven with a tree stump.

    Following that logic, "Why is a Raven like a writing desk?"
  • TVF
    31091 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ever heard of the customer is always right?
    In reality the customer is most often wrong

    True, but if you're working in a clothing store, helping a customer pick out clothes they like, you wouldn't take the clothes they said they liked out of their hands and tell them they couldn't try them on.
    I would if they insist on opening the packed underwear box and trying it on before deciding if they want to purchase it

    But in this place, no one ever tries on anything before complaining. Underwear example aside.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ever heard of the customer is always right?
    In reality the customer is most often wrong

    True, but if you're working in a clothing store, helping a customer pick out clothes they like, you wouldn't take the clothes they said they liked out of their hands and tell them they couldn't try them on.
    I would if they insist on opening the packed underwear box and trying it on before deciding if they want to purchase it

    But in this place, no one ever tries on anything before complaining. Underwear example aside.

    Verbal PVP, at least it's real time, no Player vs AI. lol
  • Ultra
    8546 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ever heard of the customer is always right?
    In reality the customer is most often wrong

    True, but if you're working in a clothing store, helping a customer pick out clothes they like, you wouldn't take the clothes they said they liked out of their hands and tell them they couldn't try them on.
    I would if they insist on opening the packed underwear box and trying it on before deciding if they want to purchase it

    But in this place, no one ever tries on anything before complaining. Underwear example aside.
    In this place people complain of you stopped selling sweaters in the summer because they like sweaters and it makes no sense to stop selling something people want just because seasons changed
  • TVF wrote: »
    Using analogies to prove your point is exactly like driving an oven with a tree stump.

    Yes, but I am trying to stay light and resist going dark on this subject. Many pages ago I posted a couple detailed replies from the heart to this ban idea and how it would affect me and my guild without analogies.
    At this point of the thread I feel a bit empty.
    I think the analogies are keeping me from completing losing it...
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ever heard of the customer is always right?
    In reality the customer is most often wrong

    True, but if you're working in a clothing store, helping a customer pick out clothes they like, you wouldn't take the clothes they said they liked out of their hands and tell them they couldn't try them on.
    I would if they insist on opening the packed underwear box and trying it on before deciding if they want to purchase it

    But in this place, no one ever tries on anything before complaining. Underwear example aside.

    Verbal PVP, at least it's real time, no Player vs AI. lol

    Haha, I'm kind of starting to be done with replying to people though. Every time I talk to *certain users*, they get super combative.
    Guess some people can't take others disagreeing with them.
  • Comet19 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ever heard of the customer is always right?
    In reality the customer is most often wrong

    True, but if you're working in a clothing store, helping a customer pick out clothes they like, you wouldn't take the clothes they said they liked out of their hands and tell them they couldn't try them on.
    I would if they insist on opening the packed underwear box and trying it on before deciding if they want to purchase it

    But in this place, no one ever tries on anything before complaining. Underwear example aside.

    Verbal PVP, at least it's real time, no Player vs AI. lol

    Haha, I'm kind of starting to be done with replying to people though. Every time I talk to *certain users*, they get super combative.
    Guess some people can't take others disagreeing with them.

    I have been around message boards since before VBulletin existed, in fact I was around when it's creator modified a CGI/Perl board and added a sql backend (not present just in the know. I have helped design and modify them (message boards) since that time). And they never cease to amaze me, they are like a petri dish, add stimulus and step back and watch the results. But never, ever take it personally. Trolls failing to anger others implode. It's fun to watch actually.
This discussion has been closed.