Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

  • Comet19 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ever heard of the customer is always right?
    In reality the customer is most often wrong

    True, but if you're working in a clothing store, helping a customer pick out clothes they like, you wouldn't take the clothes they said they liked out of their hands and tell them they couldn't try them on.
    I would if they insist on opening the packed underwear box and trying it on before deciding if they want to purchase it

    But in this place, no one ever tries on anything before complaining. Underwear example aside.

    Verbal PVP, at least it's real time, no Player vs AI. lol

    Haha, I'm kind of starting to be done with replying to people though. Every time I talk to *certain users*, they get super combative.
    Guess some people can't take others disagreeing with them.

    I have been around message boards since before VBulletin existed, in fact I was around when it's creator modified a CGI/Perl board and added a sql backend (not present just in the know. I have helped design and modify them (message boards) since that time). And they never cease to amaze me, they are like a petri dish, add stimulus and step back and watch the results. But never, ever take it personally. Trolls failing to anger others implode. It's fun to watch actually.

    Haha, I'm not too offended. Just trying to keep myself from being reported by them as a troll :D Thanks for the advice and support.
  • Comet19 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ever heard of the customer is always right?
    In reality the customer is most often wrong

    True, but if you're working in a clothing store, helping a customer pick out clothes they like, you wouldn't take the clothes they said they liked out of their hands and tell them they couldn't try them on.
    I would if they insist on opening the packed underwear box and trying it on before deciding if they want to purchase it

    But in this place, no one ever tries on anything before complaining. Underwear example aside.

    Verbal PVP, at least it's real time, no Player vs AI. lol

    Haha, I'm kind of starting to be done with replying to people though. Every time I talk to *certain users*, they get super combative.
    Guess some people can't take others disagreeing with them.

    No, don't stop replying...your replies are appreciated, imo.
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ever heard of the customer is always right?
    In reality the customer is most often wrong

    True, but if you're working in a clothing store, helping a customer pick out clothes they like, you wouldn't take the clothes they said they liked out of their hands and tell them they couldn't try them on.
    I would if they insist on opening the packed underwear box and trying it on before deciding if they want to purchase it

    But in this place, no one ever tries on anything before complaining. Underwear example aside.

    If McDonalds announced that they were switching to dog meat, I wouldn’t need to try a Quarter Poodle before deciding it wasn’t for me.

    Sometimes a bad idea is clearly bad before it’s put into place.

    I understand your point - but for many of us, TW was a game mode that was great the way it was. Any significant changes are unwelcome.
    And even more unwelcome (IMO) is instability of the game mode. We like to strategize, and plan, and prepare for TW and our track record shows that. It’s a big part of the fun that this game provides for us. And this character ban, along with whatever unspoken changes they are cooking up, totally change the landscape.
    We have built up a lot of teams for TW specifically. (BH and Scoundrels most recently). These aren’t teams that we use anywhere else in the game, but we gladly built them to use in TW. Building, testing and tweaking these teams in tw is what makes the game mode fun for us. Now we are seeing that nothing is safe.
    I do understand that this character ban is for 1 TW only, but it’s the first of many changes that they have planned for the game mode. That’s very unsettling.

    The reason so many people are saying that buffs are better is because the buffs at least last for awhile (historically). That means that you can take the time to plan out a team that takes advantage of that buff, build it and use it. A change every single TW doesn’t allow for that so it takes a lot of the strategy away from us.

    Bless you. This gave me a great laugh! And I 100% agree with this. In fact, I've been saying this ever since this thing started. We've built teams specifically for TW. These teams are about to be crippled. Tell me more about how great an idea this is.
  • Comet19 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ever heard of the customer is always right?
    In reality the customer is most often wrong

    True, but if you're working in a clothing store, helping a customer pick out clothes they like, you wouldn't take the clothes they said they liked out of their hands and tell them they couldn't try them on.
    I would if they insist on opening the packed underwear box and trying it on before deciding if they want to purchase it

    But in this place, no one ever tries on anything before complaining. Underwear example aside.

    Verbal PVP, at least it's real time, no Player vs AI. lol

    Haha, I'm kind of starting to be done with replying to people though. Every time I talk to *certain users*, they get super combative.
    Guess some people can't take others disagreeing with them.

    No, don't stop replying...your replies are appreciated, imo.

    Aw, thanks. I've been having some fun myself.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I think much of the "preemptive complaining" (at least on my part) stems from the fact that, given CG's history of balance, trouble-shooting before release and communication, this will likely be a more like a rather large, frustrating dumpster fire as opposed to a fun and varied TW experience.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ...
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I think much of the "preemptive complaining" (at least on my part) stems from the fact that, given CG's history of balance, trouble-shooting before release and communication, this will likely be a more like a rather large, frustrating dumpster fire as opposed to a fun and varied TW experience.

    SHHHHH SPOILERS
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3377 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Some music to laugh at while the dumpster burns.
    "Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)" Neil Young

    Hey hey, my my
    F2P can never die
    There's more to the concept
    Than meets the eye.
    Hey hey, my my.

    Out of the blue
    and into the black
    Some pay for this,
    but they restrict that
    And once you leave,
    no sense coming back
    When you're out of the blue
    and into the black.

    The fun is gone
    but it's not forgotten
    Is this the story
    of days forgotten?
    It's better to go casual
    'cause F2P never sleeps
    The past is gone
    but it's not forgotten.

    Hey hey, my my
    F2P can never die
    There's more to the concept
    Than meets the eye...

    Hey hey, my my


    Or if you prefer the proper version:


  • Ultra
    8546 posts Moderator
    I understand they are trying to keep TW fun but I’d rather it remain fun and competitive. This past year all I’ve done is focus on TW teams because I love building super strong defensive teams. My issue isn’t just banning characters from a game mode but also removing the competitive aspect of TW. I hope CG still doesn’t try to ruin that either
  • Some music to laugh at while the dumpster burns.
    "Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)" Neil Young

    Hey hey, my my
    F2P can never die
    There's more to the concept
    Than meets the eye.
    Hey hey, my my.

    Out of the blue
    and into the black
    Some pay for this,
    but they restrict that
    And once you leave,
    no sense coming back
    When you're out of the blue
    and into the black.

    The fun is gone
    but it's not forgotten
    Is this the story
    of days forgotten?
    It's better to go casual
    'cause F2P never sleeps
    The past is gone
    but it's not forgotten.

    Hey hey, my my
    F2P can never die
    There's more to the concept
    Than meets the eye...

    Hey hey, my my


    Or if you prefer the proper version:



    Great song choice!
    It’s not even about ftp vs ptp in my mind. I have a pretty deep roster and will be competing against guilds who do too.
    It’s really about taking away the motivation to build these teams and the instability it creates.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3377 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    I understand they are trying to keep TW fun but I’d rather it remain fun and competitive. This past year all I’ve done is focus on TW teams because I love building super strong defensive teams. My issue isn’t just banning characters from a game mode but also removing the competitive aspect of TW. I hope CG still doesn’t try to ruin that either

    I think the only thought process that explains the OP's idea is they are faced with rebalancing many high profile heroes or blocking their use in certain areas. Which is why "Disrupt" is a horribly flawed game mechanic to employ, in a game seeking to expand beyond simple needs. HoDA (Another CG mobile game) uses this, and they went from thousands of points in damage quite literally to millions, by creating a new more powerful hero to combat existing. Now that is fine if you never change up the use of the heroes and avoid oversaturation of the use of PVP. Once you have too many forms of PVP you become a slave to your own creation and are constantly having to modify things. Case in point, SRT. They have restricted how many heroes act in there because the alternative is nerfing them across the board, which results in an outcry and diminished revenues. So they must be trying to avoid that by simply blocking the use of OP heroes, because there is no going back from "Disrupt".
  • Kisakee
    1517 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    It’s not even about ftp vs ptp in my mind. I have a pretty deep roster and will be competing against guilds who do too.

    Yes, i feels a bit like "Oh no, look what we have done! We gave people with focus farming an advantage in GA, now we need to compensate and make those with big rosters better in TW cause they are the only ones that can build viable teams even with half of their characters banned! This is the best solution for everyone, we are geniuses!".
    Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid.
  • TVF
    31091 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Deleted - off topic.
    Post edited by TVF on
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Comet19 wrote: »
    Ever heard of the customer is always right?
    In reality the customer is most often wrong

    True, but if you're working in a clothing store, helping a customer pick out clothes they like, you wouldn't take the clothes they said they liked out of their hands and tell them they couldn't try them on.
    I would if they insist on opening the packed underwear box and trying it on before deciding if they want to purchase it

    But in this place, no one ever tries on anything before complaining. Underwear example aside.

    Verbal PVP, at least it's real time, no Player vs AI. lol

    Haha, I'm kind of starting to be done with replying to people though. Every time I talk to *certain users*, they get super combative.
    Guess some people can't take others disagreeing with them.

    I have been around message boards since before VBulletin existed, in fact I was around when it's creator modified a CGI/Perl board and added a sql backend (not present just in the know. I have helped design and modify them (message boards) since that time). And they never cease to amaze me, they are like a petri dish, add stimulus and step back and watch the results. But never, ever take it personally. Trolls failing to anger others implode. It's fun to watch actually.

    I love how dissenting opinions are trolling. Over and over again. Accusing someone of trolling when they disagree with you is just lazy.

    Maybe some people just enjoy the game and are willing to try new things before throwing a fit. How novel.

    Hmmm if I remember correctly you were the one jumping all over me for something I said without tagging or quoting you, and assumed I was referring to you. And you have continued to be rude to negative responders in this thread.
    Actions speak for themselves.
  • TVF
    31091 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Deleted - off topic.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    31091 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Deleted - off topic.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    zpvilga6ulst.jpeg
    rrnsvnfiw2da.jpeg
  • TVF wrote: »
    Define rude by the way.

    I’m sure you own a dictionary. If not, there are plenty of websites on the Internet that will happily give you a definition.
  • Gannon
    1509 posts Member
    mq04n0ogwfgh.gif
    it's still hard to say
  • This devolved quickly... :neutral:
This discussion has been closed.