Fleet Chalange

I'm trying to do the fleet changes to get my capital ships to 3 stars.
I'm using the following ships:
1) Jedi Councillor
2) Clone Sargent
3) Geo Soldier
4) Ashoka in reserve.
All ships are lol 58. What can I do different?

Replies

• Options
    Check your pilots. Ships are only as good as the pilots flying them.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Hipbanjoplayer
    33 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    They are all at g5 or better as well as close to the lvl of the ship
    Post edited by Hipbanjoplayer on
  • Taejang
    28 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ships are stupidly confusing. The game just doesn't tell you what matters to them, so it is great you are asking here.

Ships get better with more stars and levels, along with upgrading their abilities. That is all intuitive, and I'm sure you haven't neglected any of that.

They are also better with better pilots. To maximize your pilots, you must do all of the following:
    • Star up, gear up, and level up pilots
    • Increase ability levels on pilots
    • Add mods to pilots. 5-dot mods give the biggest bonus, but any mod is better than no mod
    • Level up mods on pilots. Level 15 mods give the biggest bonus

Which ability you upgrade makes no difference, ie putting a zeta on a pilot has the same benefit to the ship as if you upgraded the ability from level 3 to level 4. What mod you put on a pilot makes no difference, ie putting a speed mod set compared to a critical damage mod set doesn't change the ship at all, nor do the individual bonuses matter to the ship (so increasing a pilot's speed doesn't do anything to the ship at all). What matters is that abilities are upgraded, mods are placed and leveled, and the placed mods are 5-dot.

As for your specific ships, you might try using Clone Sgt as your reinforcement instead of Ahsoka. The Sergeant gets taunt when he comes in to the battle (that is his specific reinforcement ability). That means he can help protect your other ships, and he loses taunt when he loses his protection, so he won't taunt himself to death. He regains taunt if you give him protection again, which has nice synergy with the Jedi Consular's ship.
  • Options
    Thank you for that. It helps a lot