Calling Out Some Stuff I Think Most Would Agree With

Lobo21050
30 posts Member
edited January 2019
This is more than a complaint thread, it is a thread pleading with the Devs to pay attention. I rarely post in the forums but honestly I feel like it is time to speak up in the community concerning SWGOH, the game I love.

Over the past few months we have seen some bad patterns being produced by CG

They all seemed to start when whatever happened with the game changers program got axed.

Common unaddressed complaints by the community

1. Communication - Back in the summer time we were promised increased communication which for a month or two went pretty well. Lately we can not even get our calender on time now. What is going on CG? You are making more than enough money off this game to provide better communication. At the very least get the monthly calender out at a decent time.

2. Gear - Yes I realize it is an avenue for you to make money but why don't you stick to shards and character stars for that. All you are doing by bottlenecking gear is frustrating the player base. We work hard enough to get toons to 7 stars but then find out we need 500 stun guns just to fully gear a team. 500 is jot bad, if the gear is not bottlenecked... It is not like you guys don't release enough new characters that you can profit off of shard wise.

3. The Chewie Event - Yes I got my Chewie but I believe players in the community prefer strategy over having to play an event 200 times to get the perfect RNG only to unlock a character that we have to wait to even utilize due the gear bottleneck.

4. General Grevious - how long has the community been screaming for a re-work?

5. Daily Challenges - Maybe replace the junk gear everyone has thousands of with some useful gear?

6. If it ain't broke, don't fix it - The latest idea for TW is just stupid. Why exclude players from usong characters they worked hard for? It is not fun and if anything it excludes lesser tenured players.

7. While we are on the topic of new players. The power creep in this game has gotten ridiculous. I tried to get three of my friends to start playing SWGOH in the last month and all 3 (2 of which who do not know each other) stated it is a great game to play for fun but has reached a point where any new player who would like to play competitivly will pretty much always be stuck with the same generation of players they entered the game with and get less rewards.

8. Christmas - The Christmas event flood and no gifts was just lazy

9. Portraits - Who's idea was it to waste company resources in adding portraits to the game? There are 500 other things discussed in this forum every day that could have and should have been addressed before this worthless addition to the game ever had time wasted on being created.

All in all, I'm not saying I hate this game or that I'm leaving. All I'm doing is giving feedback because in my eyes and from what I see CG is starting to display a bad pattern on behavior when it comes to communication with the community and aspects / updates in game. There are plenty of ways for CG to peofit of SWGOH....ticking off the player base is not one though.

With all that being said, the time to correct this is now. You still have an amazing game and player base but many of us are starting to see things going in the wrong direction and hopefully someone will read this or another post and get things back on track.

Communication is key.

I have voiced my worries, attempted to offer solutions, hopefully you will take them to heart. Some of what I have stated above are not even my complaints but complaints I see so often lurking these forums.

Thank You
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Not sure how much weight my addition will have, but I agree with almost all of this.

Taking in the eagerness of mid/high spenders, there should still be some form of continuous updates to the masses. Keeping people engaged will only be a win - win on so many levels.

I have managed a gaming community before to know this.

- Portraits may not have been a directly urgent addition to the game but I like it and it provides the player with a greater level of "identity". Most of us associate ourselves with avatars of our favorite characters, so by doing so in the game keeps the base even more engaged.

- Not everyone celebrates Christmas and if you recall, we receive yearly anniversary rewards. I don't see Christmas gifts as necessary, in my opinion.

- newer members may have one thing easier but other grind rewards not so much. An example is, daily and weekly shipment contents being more accessible vs older members starting their "grind". I attest to this, being a June 2016 player.

- gear struggles, I actually have saved 600x mk5 stun guns and 600x mk3 stun cuffs. Not really a struggle now because these are available in so many locations vs before (1400 crystals for an mk3 stun cuff and 2400 or so for an mk5 stun gun IF they appeared on refresh of shipments).

There are also a variety of reasons in delay; the biggest one being holidays. Think about it, Thanksgiving leading to maybe 3 weeks to resume, only to go on break again. November and December are choppy months for the most part.

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    No way having all those events to play over xmas was awesome... sure beats the heck out of logging in simming training droid crap and nothing else tomdo
  • Not sure how much weight my addition will have, but I agree with almost all of this.

Taking in the eagerness of mid/high spenders, there should still be some form of continuous updates to the masses. Keeping people engaged will only be a win - win on so many levels.

- Portraits may not have been a directly urgent addition to the game but I like it and it provides the player with a greater level of "identity". Most of us associate ourselves with avatars of our favorite characters, so by doing so in the game keeps the base even more engaged.

- Not everyone celebrates Christmas and if you recall, we receive yearly anniversary rewards. I don't see Christmas gifts as necessary, in my opinion.

- newer members may have one thing easier but other grind rewards not so much. An example is, daily and weekly shipment contents being more accessible vs older members starting their "grind". I attest to this, being a June 2016 player.

- gear struggles, I actually have saved 600x mk5 stun guns and 600x mk3 stun cuffs. Not really a struggle now because these are available in so many locations vs before (1400 crystals for an mk3 stun cuff and 2400 or so for an mk5 stun gun IF they appeared on refresh of shipments).

There are also a variety of reasons in delay; the biggest one being holidays. Think about it, Thanksgiving leading to maybe 3 weeks to resume, only to go on break again. November and December are choppy months for the most part.

I agree with you, except did you just complain about extra rewards because not everyone celebrates that holiday? Why would you complain about that?
  • I'm really upset and disappointed about the TW limitations. Add stuff for the playerbase- dont take it away.
    Stupid.
  • Do not expect much communication when their projects were datamined. Its a corpororate problem thats gonna get clamped. CG is just getting scapegoated.
  • Agree with TW limitations.
    Disagree with gear bottlenecking, portraits and Christmas gifts for the same reasons commented above.
    Calendar cadence meh....
  • ponce104 wrote: »
    Not sure how much weight my addition will have, but I agree with almost all of this.

I agree with you, except did you just complain about extra rewards because not everyone celebrates that holiday? Why would you complain about that?

It's biased toward a specific group, you know?
  • Mawat
    37 posts Member
    I would add tooth hound.

How could you work on ships during several months and ruin the whole balance of the system with only one ugly ship !
  • Chewie event is a God dam nightmare. It's all about rng. Nothing more.

I like challenging content, but seeing others that have fully g12 zBossk teams getting wiped and having to run 100 times in order to clear it, doesn't give me much hope on my own crappy team.

Literally the most awful piece of content ever. I don't even want to imagine what mythic tier of it'll be like if it comes out.
  • Lobo21050 wrote: »
    This is more than a complaint thread, it is a thread pleading with the Devs to pay attention. I rarely post in the forums but honestly I feel like it is time to speak up in the community concerning SWGOH, the game I love.

Over the past few months we have seen some bad patterns being produced by CG

They all seemed to start when whatever happened with the game changers program got axed.

Common unaddressed complaints by the community

1. Communication - Back in the summer time we were promised increased communication which for a month or two went pretty well. Lately we can not even get our calender on time now. What is going on CG? You are making more than enough money off this game to provide better communication. At the very least get the monthly calender out at a decent time.

2. Gear - Yes I realize it is an avenue for you to make money but why don't you stick to shards and character stars for that. All you are doing by bottlenecking gear is frustrating the player base. We work hard enough to get toons to 7 stars but then find out we need 500 stun guns just to fully gear a team. 500 is jot bad, if the gear is not bottlenecked... It is not like you guys don't release enough new characters that you can profit off of shard wise.

3. The Chewie Event - Yes I got my Chewie but I believe players in the community prefer strategy over having to play an event 200 times to get the perfect RNG only to unlock a character that we have to wait to even utilize due the gear bottleneck.

4. General Grevious - how long has the community been screaming for a re-work?

5. Daily Challenges - Maybe replace the junk gear everyone has thousands of with some useful gear?

6. If it ain't broke, don't fix it - The latest idea for TW is just stupid. Why exclude players from usong characters they worked hard for? It is not fun and if anything it excludes lesser tenured players.

7. While we are on the topic of new players. The power creep in this game has gotten ridiculous. I tried to get three of my friends to start playing SWGOH in the last month and all 3 (2 of which who do not know each other) stated it is a great game to play for fun but has reached a point where any new player who would like to play competitivly will pretty much always be stuck with the same generation of players they entered the game with and get less rewards.

8. Christmas - The Christmas event flood and no gifts was just lazy

9. Portraits - Who's idea was it to waste company resources in adding portraits to the game? There are 500 other things discussed in this forum every day that could have and should have been addressed before this worthless addition to the game ever had time wasted on being created.

All in all, I'm not saying I hate this game or that I'm leaving. All I'm doing is giving feedback because in my eyes and from what I see CG is starting to display a bad pattern on behavior when it comes to communication with the community and aspects / updates in game. There are plenty of ways for CG to peofit of SWGOH....ticking off the player base is not one though.

With all that being said, the time to correct this is now. You still have an amazing game and player base but many of us are starting to see things going in the wrong direction and hopefully someone will read this or another post and get things back on track.

Communication is key.

I have voiced my worries, attempted to offer solutions, hopefully you will take them to heart. Some of what I have stated above are not even my complaints but complaints I see so often lurking these forums.

Thank You

1. Yes, communication is sorely lacking. It's a little disturbing that communication was improved dramatically when a competing Marvel game was released, but faltered to even worse than before when said game failed.
    2. The gear grind is fine as is. Yes it sucks obtaining thousands of carbantis, but limiting the grind to just shards would mean a large portion of the playerbase would have mostly maxed characters already and really have nothing to work towards.
    3. The difficulty of the Chewbacca and C3P0 events finally made it feel like I was actually accomplishing something beating a Legendary event rather than just being lucky and having farmed the shards for who was needed in time.
    4. Good Lord, yes. Unless we're on the verge of a massive Separatist update giving us Grievous and his capital there's no reason it has gone on for this long.
    5. The only one that needs a rework is Mace's challenge. Even if they added two stun gun salvage to that challenge that would be a massive boost for that one.
    6. Territory Wars is stagnant as is. Changing things up occasionally is a positive, but this current system is probably not the way to go. The faction/character buffs were highly enjoyable.
    7. Most freemium games suffer from this. It's difficult to compete with someone with a two year headstart unless you're willing to drop some money. New players should get some kind of bonus whether that be shards or gear or crystals.
    8. We're not children and not everyone recognizes Christmas. The mass amount of events was great.
    9. Portraits and titles add a little variety to the game. Many people find it a way to show off their accomplishments so I'm not overly concerned either way about this subject.

My main concern is the stagnation of modes such as Territory Battle and Raids. Those need drastic overhauls to be exciting again.
  • I fully agree with the original post. Please take note and address soon, CG!
  • ponce104 wrote: »

It's biased toward a specific group, you know?

Biased how, exactly? There isn't some secret handshake to confirm you celebrate Christmas before you cash in! Everybody would get something.

If CG wants to start celebrating Dewali by handing out Chewie shards, I'll happily take them.
  • TVF
    36570 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Just here to complain about the missing Grievous rework and the missed opportunity at clone wars celebration.
    This was the worst thing the could have done.

Hmmm seems you haven't checked the rest of the forum yet today.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I think the problem about gear choke comes from HSR. Only people who rank high on HSR get to progress, if you don't, you have to pay.

They had a flat reward system before but people didn't like it, but now, if you are outside of top 10, it isn't worth your time.

I agree with daily challenges giving better rewards. They weren't meant to progress your characters for free, but now you cannot progress, especially now with GA, players will want to be as lean as possible.
  • Have to say as the op, my thoughts and ideas may not be 100% perfect but it is good to see such great discussion in the community and hopefully CG takes notice.
  • OP has pretty much listed my exact sentiment on all their points.

I will add that I have collected all but Revan and only have less than 10 to build to 7*. I've ran the gambit in spending and have recently settled down to not spending at all. I will continue to play (til I die cuz it is SW), but my interest in the grind is severely waning because most of the daily grind is PVP.

There is a significant amount of people I have seen discuss how much they would enjoy more PVE content or a way to use our 7* junk (CUP, Ugnaught, etc...).

CG you got nearly 6 years of a big portion of us paying for your games. Here's to hoping 2019 will be the year you make good use of this profits.