Guild Raids: why are the raids so darn difficult?

Prev1
Dear Fellow Siths and Jedis,

Anyone experiencing difficuties on completing guild raids? If yes, do need advise on the three raids. Sith or Jedi combos, etc. I'm level 85 and my characters all maxed, pretty much...

Replies

• it's all about getting the right characters and tactics.
    Doing a HPIT solo is quite accesible, same goes for doing decent damage in HAAT.
    HAAT solo and doing decent damage in Sith raid takes a bit more effort.

My advice... join a guild that at least has hpit and haat on farm. Do a bit of research on good teams for the raids and work on those. It's hard for us to give you advice without knowing more about what you have. You say you have characters maxed... I suppose you mean 7* ? or do you mean G12? That makes a huge difference.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Sith work well in rancor raids under a zetaed Vader lead. That raid is all about turnmeter reduction with tenacity down and speed down thrown in the mix. Zader lead, EP, Thrawn, Tarkin and TFP will solo the whole thing on auto.

Jedi were the best in phase 1 in the early days of heroic AAT raid. Now there are better choices. However, they do well in STR - particularly in phase 2.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    For STR in general:

JTR, BB8, R2D2, Rey scav and RT for phase 1.
    Jedi, various Thrawn, GK and Wampa combos or Leia under Ackbar lead (lots of alternatives) for phase 2.
    ChexMix, GreedoMix, ChewMix, deathstorm or zFinn with C-3PO for p3.
    zAsajj lead NS (healers needed) for p4.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Waqui wrote: »
    zFinn with C-3PO for p3.

No one should count on this until we know if they are just going to reduce the effectiveness or make it useless.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    zFinn with C-3PO for p3.

No one should count on this until we know if they are just going to reduce the effectiveness or make it useless.

I assumed from the original post, that he has more or less all characters maxed already. He might as well enjoy the fun while it lasts.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    You haven’t said anything about your guild. It almost sounds like you are trying to complete them all by yourself. The biggest factor in being able to complete guild raids is having a good guild.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member

Anyone experiencing difficuties on completing guild raids? If yes, do need advise on the three raids. Sith or Jedi combos, etc. I'm level 85 and my characters all maxed, pretty much...

Your characters are all maxed and you can't beat the Rancor? That sounds...not right. Anyone with a decently geared Commander Luke can solo him, never mind an entire guild.
    Liath wrote: »
    You haven’t said anything about your guild. It almost sounds like you are trying to complete them all by yourself. The biggest factor in being able to complete guild raids is having a good guild.

This. If your guild is halfway decent, you should be able to clear Heroic Rancor, Heroic AAT, and mid-level Sith with little difficulty.

Hard to give advice when there is so little info to go on.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36568 posts Member
    I'm curious what OP means by "maxed."

A gg link would help.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm curious what OP means by "maxed."

A gg link would help.

5mio GP, full g12 roster, endless amount of 20+ speed and 150+ offense mods.
    Now ready to take on the Rancor to grab some carbantis for his..well uhh...whatever char is gonna released next! :)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
    Doing a HPIT solo is quite accesible, same goes for doing decent damage in HAAT.

My advice... join a guild that at least has hpit and haat on farm. Do a bit of research on good teams for the raids and work on those. It's hard for us to give you advice without knowing more about what you have. You say you have characters maxed... I suppose you mean 7* ? or do you mean G12? That makes a huge difference.

Hi there thanks for the info. My maxed out guys are Vader, Pal, Kylo Ren, BobaFett and Sidious. The top three are gold. My guild isn't too bad either. Perhaps you could advice me which are the best characters per raid and I'll try it out.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Hi there thanks for the info. My maxed out guys are Vader, Pal, Kylo Ren, BobaFett and Sidious. The top three are gold. My guild isn't too bad either. Perhaps you could advice me which are the best characters per raid and I'll try it out.

For STR in general:

JTR, BB8, R2D2, Rey scav and RT for phase 1.
    Jedi, various Thrawn, GK and Wampa combos or Leia under Ackbar lead (lots of alternatives) for phase 2.
    ChexMix, GreedoMix, ChewMix, deathstorm or zFinn with C-3PO for p3.
    zAsajj lead NS (healers needed) for p4.
    Sith work well in rancor raids under a zetaed Vader lead. That raid is all about turnmeter reduction with tenacity down and speed down thrown in the mix. Zader lead, EP, Thrawn, Tarkin and TFP will solo the whole thing on auto.

Jedi were the best in phase 1 in the early days of heroic AAT raid. Now there are better choices. However, they do well in STR - particularly in phase 2.

Currently, for heroic AAT all you need is zFinn lead, 3P0, CLS, Han and BB8. They easily solo the whole thing - mostly on auto.
  • Thanks for the tips. But the key toons mentioned, mine are still weak. How about my Vader, Pal, KRen, Sidious and BFett (I do have Ventress, Dooku, KRen unmasked and Nihilus rather strong too) are they good for Sith tri, HAAT or Rancor? I am happy to complete one of those raids.

My mazed guys are 7 stars and G 12s.

*My maxed guys are 7 stars and G 12s.

• There are several information given here which help you to decide, which toons are necessary to complete the raids. If you don't have them right now, throw anything you have into the raid and work further on getting the mentioned toons. You could also take a look to swgoh.help to decide how to develop your roster for various parts of the game.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

Your characters are all maxed and you can't beat the Rancor? That sounds...not right. Anyone with a decently geared Commander Luke can solo him, never mind an entire guild.

This. If your guild is halfway decent, you should be able to clear Heroic Rancor, Heroic AAT, and mid-level Sith with little difficulty.

I really got no clue about how the guild works to help with the raids or other related guild events. I'll check out my guild and revert back on some details soon...Thanks.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Theres a website swgoh.gg that shows your roster. If you set up an account and share a link it will give us information on your roster and allow us to provide feedback.

Rancor and haat are relatively easy raids that people can solo. Hsith is high end content that needs multiple full g12 teams across a guild to clear.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    it's all about getting the right characters and tactics.

So when you said your characters are all maxed you meant you have 5 random characters that are mostly maxed? That isn’t even a coherent team, and if you thought you should be able to complete all content with one team of whatever you felt like using, you were sorely mistaken.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Thanks for the tips. But the key toons mentioned, mine are still weak. How about my Vader, Pal, KRen, Sidious and BFett (I do have Ventress, Dooku, KRen unmasked and Nihilus rather strong too) are they good for Sith tri, HAAT or Rancor? I am happy to complete one of those raids.

Combine the sith/empire characters you have under zetaed Vader lead and you're good to go.

I really got no clue about how the guild works to help with the raids or other related guild events. I'll check out my guild and revert back on some details soon...Thanks.

My GP is 1,110,504 and my guild info is attached.

My GP is 1,110,504 and my guild info is attached.

In case image isn't attached. My guild is 80.5K gp.
  • crzydroid
    7282 posts Moderator
    To attach an image, you have to first upload it to a site like imgur, then post the tag.

But from the conversation it sounds like you may still be in a starter guild.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    To attach an image, you have to first upload it to a site like imgur, then post the tag.

Haha, 80+ gp still starter huh? i was in a powerful guild once but they kicked me out when my gp was real low. What do you recommend for guild?

Not anymore. This button does the job now:
    joncx1jm24jz.png
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    crzydroid wrote: »

Haha, 80+ gp still starter huh? i was in a powerful guild once but they kicked me out when my gp was real low. What do you recommend for guild?

An 80 million GP guild is probably the best, you can reach with your current roster (and skill level). If it's an active guild raiding each of heroic Rancor and AAT at least twice a week, it's perfect.

Did you consider asking your guild mates for advice?
  • crzydroid
    7282 posts Moderator

You didn't say 80 million, you said 80k. So somewhere in your guild power or yours there was a mistake.

But at 80 million gp, your guild should have Heroic Pit and Tank on farm, and be on at least tier 5 of Sith raid. I just find statements such as, "I really got no clue about how the guild works to help with the raids or other related guild events," to be odd. Are you not on at the same times that your guild raids? I think we just need more info here--it's strange that an 80m gp guild wouldn't have the first two raids on farm and be getting over 30 stars in TB. With over 1 million power you should have a basic understanding of how guild events work.
  • Waqui wrote: »

An 80 million GP guild is probably the best, you can reach with your current roster (and skill level). If it's an active guild raiding each of heroic Rancor and AAT at least twice a week, it's perfect.

Did you consider asking your guild mates for advice?

I think i did, but no one offered an advice...as it is common I think it's the time difference or only several members are active usually.

You didn't say 80 million, you said 80k. So somewhere in your guild power or yours there was a mistake.

But at 80 million gp, your guild should have Heroic Pit and Tank on farm, and be on at least tier 5 of Sith raid. I just find statements such as, "I really got no clue about how the guild works to help with the raids or other related guild events," to be odd. Are you not on at the same times that your guild raids? I think we just need more info here--it's strange that an 80m gp guild wouldn't have the first two raids on farm and be getting over 30 stars in TB. With over 1 million power you should have a basic understanding of how guild events work.

The raids are there, but I just dont get past them and kept getting beat so I usually skip the raid or raids. My guild mostly farm sith raid.
  • Liath wrote: »

Most of the time it felt like I'm try to complete by myself as no one is online, Will find out more with guild leader and active members...