Guild Raids: why are the raids so darn difficult?

2Next

Replies

• The guild is NewEmpireOrder with 80+ gp.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    The guild is NewEmpireOrder with 80+ gp.

Looking at the guild on swgoh.gg your guild has several members that can solo the pit and the tank raids at heroic.

Pit probably dies within 5 minutes and tank within an hour. The guild probably spends a few days on a tier 6 sith raid.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The raids are there, but I just dont get past them and kept getting beat so I usually skip the raid or raids. My guild mostly farm sith raid.

This coupled with this:

quote="Naraic;c-1745617"]

Looking at the guild on swgoh.gg your guild has several members that can solo the pit and the tank raids at heroic.

Pit probably dies within 5 minutes and tank within an hour. The guild probably spends a few days on a tier 6 sith raid. [/quote]

Made me think.... and please correct me, if I'm wrong.....Do you completely skip raids, because you can't solo the whole thing?

Raids are guild events. A whole guild works together to beat a raid. In end-game guilds, you're not supposed to complete the whole thing by yourself. You can solo the older raids (Rancor and tank) but still not the sith raid. You can earn Han Solo shards and other rewards just by joining the raid and contributing with whatever score, you manage. The higher rank you accomplish the better rewards.

• Waqui wrote: »
    The raids are there, but I just dont get past them and kept getting beat so I usually skip the raid or raids. My guild mostly farm sith raid.

This coupled with this:

quote="Naraic;c-1745617"]

Pit probably dies within 5 minutes and tank within an hour. The guild probably spends a few days on a tier 6 sith raid.

Made me think.... and please correct me, if I'm wrong.....Do you completely skip raids, because you can't solo the whole thing?

Raids are guild events. A whole guild works together to beat a raid. In end-game guilds, you're not supposed to complete the whole thing by yourself. You can solo the older raids (Rancor and tank) but still not the sith raid. You can earn Han Solo shards and other rewards just by joining the raid and contributing with whatever score, you manage. The higher rank you accomplish the better rewards.

[/quote]

Thanks again. I do skip raids mostly but contribute in other ways. Is it important to do raids all the time?

With your advice, I now understand how these raids work. I still like to beat the lower tiers of any raid just to get some satisfaction, but they are completed by the hot shots.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Thanks again. I do skip raids mostly but contribute in other ways. Is it important to do raids all the time?

With your advice, I now understand how these raids work. I still like to beat the lower tiers of any raid just to get some satisfaction, but they are completed by the hot shots.

Does your guild have 0/24 join periods on raids? You should at least join 0 every raid so you get some rewards. If you are on during raid time, you can practice posting some damage and try to improve your standing, even if others are soloing.

You can check out the raid sections of the forums if you're interested in building teams that can solo them yourself.

If the time difference of hope guild is problematic, you could always check out the recruitment section for one in your timezone. Does your guild have a Discord server that you are on?
  • crzydroid wrote: »

Does your guild have 0/24 join periods on raids? You should at least join 0 every raid so you get some rewards. If you are on during raid time, you can practice posting some damage and try to improve your standing, even if others are soloing.

You can check out the raid sections of the forums if you're interested in building teams that can solo them yourself.

If the time difference of hope guild is problematic, you could always check out the recruitment section for one in your timezone. Does your guild have a Discord server that you are on?

I dont think theres a discord server. I ;ll try out more raids and it should be okay, Thanks for all the insights.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Waqui wrote: »
    For STR in general:

JTR, BB8, R2D2, Rey scav and RT for phase 1.
    Jedi, various Thrawn, GK and Wampa combos or Leia under Ackbar lead (lots of alternatives) for phase 2.
    ChexMix, GreedoMix, ChewMix, deathstorm or zFinn with C-3PO for p3.
    zAsajj lead NS (healers needed) for p4.

Post edited by Mephisto_style on