Old Ben or Thrawn with Rebell Team

Hey,

currently i'm playing with CLS (L), RHan, R2D2, Chewie and Thrawn and always Top 100 , sometimes Top 30 Arena.

Cause i have Old Been soon on G12, i wonder, if he can replace Thrawn.

What you think about Old Ben in this Rebell Team. Worth it to throw Thrawn out of this team?

I loose fracture against Tanks, but i will get annoying Ability Block and a bit more Survivalibility.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• People usually say GK is better than Old Ben in Titans team.
  • Nema
    136 posts Member
    L3
  • OB won't help you against Traya or Revan. Revan teams have enough Tenacity to resist ability block and Revan will get through his Taunt anyway. Traya can dispell that ability block from all the sith in the team and with Sion's special and Nihilus's basic OB's taunt won't last, even if it is zeta'd. I'd go with L3 or stick with Thrawn.
    I'd only use OB for TB, or TW where you might need Thrawn elsewhere.
  • Thanks, your comment saved me 2 Zetas :D
  • I finish top 10 in arena with zCLS, zR2, zChewie, zHan and zOB. Easy wins against Traya, EP etc. Only team that I can't beat is Revan with Jolee.

I will zeta CLS lead next and let's see what happens with OB mind tricks.

Highly recommend zOB.
  • I was wondering about Old Ben gear level. I would imagine that I would need more than gear 10. I'm not looking for top slot, but to be in the top 100 would be nice. I would run 2 zeta on CLS, zeta chewie, zeta han, double zeta R2 with old ben, but I do have gear 12 Thrawn.

https://swgoh.gg/p/991589674/characters/
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Another vote for L3. Great durability and keeps Han and Chewie alive (especially important for Chewie, who is constantly taking damage from Traya's ability).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Another vote for L3. Great durability and keeps Han and Chewie alive (especially important for Chewie, who is constantly taking damage from Traya's ability).

L3 would have synergies with Raid Han and OT Chewie?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Spark of Hope
    · Special · Level 8
    Spark of Hope 3 turn cooldown
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and gain Taunt for 1 turn. Prepared: Heal all Scoundrel and Droid allies for 50% of L3's Max Health, then grant all Prepared allies Tenacity Up for 2 turns. If any other allies are Prepared, reduce this ability's cooldown by 1. L3-37 is no longer Prepared.
  • TVF wrote: »

L3 would have synergies with Raid Han and OT Chewie?

Yes. They're all scoundrels.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    And to add, she's always prepared and the heal/taunt ability is on a short cooldown. Lots of healing.

The only thing you have to be careful of is you don't let Traya isolate her. Killing Traya first was my usual move, especially because you could then start stunning the rest of the sith with Han, Chewie, R2, and CLS. Only time I would lose is if Sion could get to Hatred and even then it was probably 50/50.
  • L3 sounds good. I've been farming for Revan, but may have to farm her next.
  • Old Ben will most definitely help against Traya or palp teams. Really any non Jedi (revan or bast) team. If you load him up with speed and potency, his mind trick is amazing against Traya teams. Ability block on Traya and Sion is a big deal.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    DarkArchon wrote: »
    If you load him up with speed and potency, his mind trick is amazing against Traya teams. Ability block on Traya and Sion is a big deal.

The moment Traya has her Unique zeta'd, that ability block won't do any harm. It gets dispelled the moment the debuffed Sith ally starts their turn and Traya will even damage your team for each debuff dispelled. Against sith teams without Traya it's very effective, yes. But only fracture and isolate can truely cripple Traya teams. Those debuffs will only stick if the toon is isolated.
    OB's turn meter removal can be effective though.
    But still, CLS, RHan, Chewy take out Traya teams by raw damage, if C3-PO is present, even more so. I'm running a Traya team in arena and I'd target rebels with OB and without C3 any day. A fast Thrawn would rather make me choose another team to attack than OB.
  • Another vote for L3. Side advantage to gearing her is that Lando's falcon is an incredible final reinforce to secure wins on close fleet battles