Can we get an update on zFinn, C3PO and HSTR?

Replies

  • Cg only need to fix c3po tag as,
    1- remove all tags(specially resistance)
    2- add lightside tag
  • Tarah
    127 posts Member
    if the problem is p3 siith.... if traya become immune to expose the problem is solved... not?
  • Ultra
    1929 posts Member
    At this point i dont think the InFinnite Squad needs to be fixed, the raid has been out for almost a year which means the upper guilds already have a huge headstart with all the extra g12 pieces and other rewards. Bulldog already noted there's other characters that break the raid as well, this squad is only effective in p3, it gets destroyed in p4. So i dont really see what the problem is.
    Like others have mentioned, people who don't have proper squads or teams for other phases can just enter P3 and earn 1st place while others who have developed deep rosters and participating in every phase end lower ranked which feels very cheap for the amount of hard work and effort
  • Ultra wrote: »
    At this point i dont think the InFinnite Squad needs to be fixed, the raid has been out for almost a year which means the upper guilds already have a huge headstart with all the extra g12 pieces and other rewards. Bulldog already noted there's other characters that break the raid as well, this squad is only effective in p3, it gets destroyed in p4. So i dont really see what the problem is.
    Like others have mentioned, people who don't have proper squads or teams for other phases can just enter P3 and earn 1st place while others who have developed deep rosters and participating in every phase end lower ranked which feels very cheap for the amount of hard work and effort

    This was true about the other raids as well. There are always teams that get more "bang for your buck." Pit: Teebo/Jyn TMR teams. HAAT: zylo p1 solo, CLS p1 solo, zavage p3 solo. ABC teams. The list goes on. Eventually phases/raids become solo-able. If you want the top rewards you need to keep up with the times and build the best teams. You still have an advantage for building that deep roster, because once you can also solo p3, the other phases can give you a ~15m headstart over the guy who only has p3 c3p0 cheese.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    At this point i dont think the InFinnite Squad needs to be fixed, the raid has been out for almost a year which means the upper guilds already have a huge headstart with all the extra g12 pieces and other rewards. Bulldog already noted there's other characters that break the raid as well, this squad is only effective in p3, it gets destroyed in p4. So i dont really see what the problem is.
    Like others have mentioned, people who don't have proper squads or teams for other phases can just enter P3 and earn 1st place while others who have developed deep rosters and participating in every phase end lower ranked which feels very cheap for the amount of hard work and effort

    This was true about the other raids as well. There are always teams that get more "bang for your buck." Pit: Teebo/Jyn TMR teams. HAAT: zylo p1 solo, CLS p1 solo, zavage p3 solo. ABC teams. The list goes on. Eventually phases/raids become solo-able. If you want the top rewards you need to keep up with the times and build the best teams. You still have an advantage for building that deep roster, because once you can also solo p3, the other phases can give you a ~15m headstart over the guy who only has p3 c3p0 cheese.

    I get what you’re saying and it’s inevitable that with power creep, HSTR will become solo’able. The question ultimately becomes whether HSTR is end game content or entirely old news.

  • I recently zeta'd Finn and don't want him to change. But, having his leadership the way it is makes it so that any future characters and abilities that CG wants to make with expose or bosses that are effected by expose will have to be run through a "Finn lead" test to make sure the game doesn't break.

    From the developers perspective, this becomes a complexity issue and a limiter of design space in the future. It's like with MTG or Hearthstone or other collectible battle games. Changing the Sith raid just fixes that problem, and not any future problems that may come up. So while it sucks, I foresee them changing Finn's zeta first.

    I just wish they'd tell us sooner rather than later before too many others drop that zeta.
  • Need this fixed already, we banned the team from p3 so that everyone’s efforts in farming chexmix and bounty beast weren’t trivialised.. even though p3 is the worst rng fest ever. Guild would rather struggle together than have one person get 38m and ruin the scoreboard.
  • Bulldog1205
    2502 posts Member
    edited January 8
    Tarah wrote: »
    if the problem is p3 siith.... if traya become immune to expose the problem is solved... not?

    Solved is a relative term here. There are legit C3PO teams that can do 10-15% in P3. You throw them out with the bath water if you do this. Is that worth it?
  • Reyalp
    671 posts Member
    How many other games make the player quit the app to exit a game/match? Or was the intention for us to watch Nest being hit for 5minutes til it times out? Against this Finn / 3po garbage you literally don't get to attack - just sit, wasting your life waiting for it to time out. Can't even hit exit match cause it's stuck in a loop. Absolute farce. Get the finger out and nerf one of them and accept you didn't test properly (as usual)
  • Lol, that’s funny.
  • Reyalp
    671 posts Member
    Solution:

    Raise Traya tenacity in raid

    Change Traya text to allow toons to die from her health removal in arena.

    Job done. Thanks.
  • Much easier solution is 3po rebels 60% chance of expose than changing Finn or traya.
  • Nest is a flawed character because now every new meta toon must include an ability or clause only to kill nest.

    Anything that stacks ad infinitum is going to cause issues and keep causing issues.

    Simple possible fixes: limit max stacks per turn or
    Reset stacks when tm reaches zero (can now kill her with tm removal chars)

    These can both be considered nerfs but won't have any impact on a nest team that is actually going to win a battle it will just stop the cases where her abilities would ordinarily cause a timeout that is bad for the game
  • Reyalp
    671 posts Member
    Tactyou wrote: »
    Much easier solution is 3po rebels 60% chance of expose than changing Finn or traya.

    He's cross faction tho so that would have a knock on so I can see their reluctancy. Amending Traya will have the least backlash, but it needs to be for arena too. Can't ignore the same infinite loop over 2 game mods (and yes, it is limited to nest scenarios, but it still exists)
  • Reyalp
    671 posts Member
    DavieJG wrote: »
    Nest is a flawed character because now every new meta toon must include an ability or clause only to kill nest.

    Anything that stacks ad infinitum is going to cause issues and keep causing issues.

    Simple possible fixes: limit max stacks per turn or
    Reset stacks when tm reaches zero (can now kill her with tm removal chars)

    These can both be considered nerfs but won't have any impact on a nest team that is actually going to win a battle it will just stop the cases where her abilities would ordinarily cause a timeout that is bad for the game

    100% agree re Nest. Someone was definitely sniffing glue when they created her character sheet, but she isn't the issue cause Revan and Traya teams can beat her easily. It's the infinite turn loop - it's just highlighted with nest cause the match times out
  • Just hurry up and do it already! I feel ripped off enough putting together a “chexmix” and now you release a broken character that can solo it and post ridiculous scores! This is pathetic! You didn’t waste time nerfing the last team that could solo phase 3
  • Nest only times out vs specific teams, and even then only when the attacking player hasn't taken her abilities properly into account. I see no reason for a nerf beyond what's already been done.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Yeah hurry up already, i invested so much in my Princess Zody team and now JT Rey can solo phase 4 of the Haat!
  • Yeah hurry up already, i invested so much in my Princess Zody team and now JT Rey can solo phase 4 of the Haat!

    Jedi Training Rey could already solo phase 4 of the Haat...along with several other squads that can solo the entire raid. So, perhaps you should invest in one of those instead.
  • TVF
    9359 posts Member
    edited January 8
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Yeah hurry up already, i invested so much in my Princess Zody team and now JT Rey can solo phase 4 of the Haat!

    Jedi Training Rey could already solo phase 4 of the Haat...along with several other squads that can solo the entire raid. So, perhaps you should invest in one of those instead.

    P3 and P4 actually. Ran JTR BB8 R2 CLS Thrawn for a long time before I knew about AA/Asajj. Can even auto P3 with some good RNG.
  • Ahnald stated in his last video that cg has no plans to nerf them. It was the one where he show you how to solo the haat with this team
  • So your saying there's nothing wrong with having a team that can solo phases of raids even though people worked so hard to gear up their chex mix uh princess zody teams?
  • So your saying there's nothing wrong with having a team that can solo phases of raids even though people worked so hard to gear up their chex mix uh princess zody teams?

    The Devs have stated their intention is for "endgame content" to not have squads that can solo an entire phase/raid (especially on auto). At this point, the Pit and HAAT raids are not considered endgame, and so new characters who can allow for full-auto-solos seem more like a blessing to endgame players who no longer have to spend time on these raids.
  • TVF
    9359 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    So your saying there's nothing wrong with having a team that can solo phases of raids even though people worked so hard to gear up their chex mix uh princess zody teams?

    The Devs have stated their intention is for "endgame content" to not have squads that can solo an entire phase/raid (especially on auto). At this point, the Pit and HAAT raids are not considered endgame, and so new characters who can allow for full-auto-solos seem more like a blessing to endgame players who no longer have to spend time on these raids.

    This.

    Well...until your phone refuses to post your C3PO run no matter what you do. *sadface*
  • TVF wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    So your saying there's nothing wrong with having a team that can solo phases of raids even though people worked so hard to gear up their chex mix uh princess zody teams?

    The Devs have stated their intention is for "endgame content" to not have squads that can solo an entire phase/raid (especially on auto). At this point, the Pit and HAAT raids are not considered endgame, and so new characters who can allow for full-auto-solos seem more like a blessing to endgame players who no longer have to spend time on these raids.

    This.

    Well...until your phone refuses to post your C3PO run no matter what you do. *sadface*

    I've seen some reports of this on AnswersHQ, but my C3PO has posted just fine on HAAT and Pit (although Pit was too slow so I'm going back to a faster squad). There's usually a longer-than-normal delay at the end of HAAT, which I attribute to the game having to calculate the score - similar to the death by a thousand cuts.
  • TVF
    9359 posts Member
    I'm one of the ones who posted there. And it happens in Sith Raid too, just a JTR team with C3PO in place of ScavRey, only 18%, manual run. Won't post.

    Furthermore, last night I dared trying C3PO in HAAT again just for P1 and P2, and not only would that not post, but when I then got into P3 to do my Ackbar team, it wouldn't post either.

    And finally, this is only in the past two weeks. When I first got C3 I could do the whole solo HAAT on auto thing no problem.
  • kalidor
    1370 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm one of the ones who posted there. And it happens in Sith Raid too, just a JTR team with C3PO in place of ScavRey, only 18%, manual run. Won't post.

    Furthermore, last night I dared trying C3PO in HAAT again just for P1 and P2, and not only would that not post, but when I then got into P3 to do my Ackbar team, it wouldn't post either.

    And finally, this is only in the past two weeks. When I first got C3 I could do the whole solo HAAT on auto thing no problem.

    I've had very worrying long timeouts in haat, both switching phases and the final battle. But it eventually posts (wifi connection). My theory is that it's sending a log of the battle to the server as an anti-cheat measure. Maybe they need to start compressing the traffic.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TVF
    9359 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm one of the ones who posted there. And it happens in Sith Raid too, just a JTR team with C3PO in place of ScavRey, only 18%, manual run. Won't post.

    Furthermore, last night I dared trying C3PO in HAAT again just for P1 and P2, and not only would that not post, but when I then got into P3 to do my Ackbar team, it wouldn't post either.

    And finally, this is only in the past two weeks. When I first got C3 I could do the whole solo HAAT on auto thing no problem.

    I've had very worrying long timeouts in haat, both switching phases and the final battle. But it eventually posts (wifi connection). My theory is that it's sending a log of the battle to the server as an anti-cheat measure. Maybe they need to start compressing the traffic.

    To be clear, it's not a long timeout. It's an immediate "Connection Error Try Again" message. Trying again just repeats the message. Wi-Fi, toggle to cell, toggle airplane on/off, back to wi-fi, nothing matters.
  • Im still confused, wasnt jt rey released 2 months before the sith raid(when haat was endgame content)? And she could solo phases that weren't previously solo able.
    I feel for you TVF that's why im so hesitant about wasting my time trying(once again) to get deathstorm to work on p3 of the sith and why I'm so in favor of 3po. It's pretty messed up to just leave these bugs in the raids especially after investing so much time and restarts to get a great run
  • There will be an update on this matter
Sign In or Register to comment.