Can we get an update on zFinn, C3PO and HSTR?

Replies

• Gorem wrote: »
    Thank you for proving my point, you know you proved the exact point I was trying to make, right? oh wow, a 4.6mil player joined your guild to take a top 10 spot, did I get that correctly?

That you were "suddenly" good enough for that "top player" to join you? Not because of being in a good guild or friendship or anything, but to literally take your hard earned gear?

You do realise that top 10 is everything in HSTR because of how badly designed it is, right?

You got those "HSTR" ready players because you are a HSTR guild, so in respect, thank you for agreeing with me on your mistake :)

Even if the guild had been HSTR capable at 42/50, they're still better off bringing in people to fill out their guild. Being down 8 people means 4,800 tickets unable to be acquired on a daily basis, fewer stars in tb, and potentially a lower reward bracket in tw. Bringing in ticket farmers (i.e., people who are low gp/not HSTR ready) won't help the guild in tb/tw.
  • Franimus wrote: »
    Drim wrote: »
    Can we get a update losing rewards to people that only solo p3.... not fun this is a serious slap in the face for how long this has dragged on

My guild is able to do tier 6 consistently now, in under a week, just because I am able to take down p3 in a day. Otherwise we max our raid tickets and have to spend most of the time doing tier 5. So we all get better rewards, not just me. (I was typically top 5 before anyways, due to NS, so its not like i jumped up out of nowhere.) It's not all sunshine though, I still can't solo it on auto, only about half. So to solo I have to spend an hour or three making sure c3po always has full tm.

So please do not nerf the zfinn+c3po mechanic!

Same in my guild. Tier 6 was quite painful for us and we had to rotate with tier 5 in order not to waste our raid tickets. We are now a few people who can finish this phase 3 in less than a day, which allows us to do only tier 6 raids. Of course, those guys are the same that were in the top spots before C3P0. And all the guild benefits from the better rewards now.
    This raid is so painful that it disgusted a lot of people who are almost never participating so, please, keep this ZFinn thing as it is.

• Pieriku wrote: »
    Franimus wrote: »
    Can we get a update losing rewards to people that only solo p3.... not fun this is a serious slap in the face for how long this has dragged on

My guild is able to do tier 6 consistently now, in under a week, just because I am able to take down p3 in a day. Otherwise we max our raid tickets and have to spend most of the time doing tier 5. So we all get better rewards, not just me. (I was typically top 5 before anyways, due to NS, so its not like i jumped up out of nowhere.) It's not all sunshine though, I still can't solo it on auto, only about half. So to solo I have to spend an hour or three making sure c3po always has full tm.

Same in my guild. Tier 6 was quite painful for us and we had to rotate with tier 5 in order not to waste our raid tickets. We are now a few people who can finish this phase 3 in less than a day, which allows us to do only tier 6 raids. Of course, those guys are the same that were in the top spots before C3P0. And all the guild benefits from the better rewards now.
    This raid is so painful that it disgusted a lot of people who are almost never participating so, please, keep this ZFinn thing as it is.

I personally stopped playing this game until the zFinn is fixed. I spent 4 months building three P3 teams, only to have all that work made meaningless because one guy in my guild has C3PO and solos the whole thing.

I personally stopped playing this game until the zFinn is fixed. I spent 4 months building three P3 teams, only to have all that work made meaningless because one guy in my guild has C3PO and solos the whole thing.

Talk to him and make him do the Solo on 1x Speed. Enough time for you to send your 3 p3 teams. Btw: there are 3 P3 Teams? :)
  • OldBen wrote: »
    Talk to him and make him do the Solo on 1x Speed. Enough time for you to send your 3 p3 teams. Btw: there are 3 P3 Teams? :)
    More.

Chex/Greedo. ROLO. Aurra hunters. Revan. Deathstorm. You can field all five of those in parallel without any taking toons from the other.
    Still not a he.

When JTR came out, my guild was just finally getting HAAT down. People put lots of work into Princess Zody , regular Resistance, and all that work went out the window. It's the nature of the game for things to be outdated. If you quit playing because a new team makes your investment worthless, just stay quit. That's just going to keep happening.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    When JTR came out, my guild was just finally getting HAAT down. People put lots of work into Princess Zody , regular Resistance, and all that work went out the window. It's the nature of the game for things to be outdated. If you quit playing because a new team makes your investment worthless, just stay quit. That's just going to keep happening.
    Again, this is entirely different in terms of scale, and the Sith raid is explicitly not supposed to be something that can be taken down outright in this fashion.
    Still not a he.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Again, this is entirely different in terms of scale, and the Sith raid is explicitly not supposed to be something that can be taken down outright in this fashion.

Correct. At the time, the JTR squad was a much larger scale difference since it let you solo multiple phases of the raid which was, at that time, end game content while this one only allows you to solo one phase of the raid .

But I don't mind using a superior example to prove my point.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member

Correct. At the time, the JTR squad was a much larger scale difference since it let you solo multiple phases of the raid which was, at that time, end game content while this one only allows you to solo one phase of the raid .

But I don't mind using a superior example to prove my point.

Was Haat ever their baby though? They have fought hard for the sith raid, changing entire factions in the process to keep it going, HSTR Completely altered night-sisters forever and changed so so many things about the game, also of course HSTR coming with G12.5 the highest gear we now have ever had, so yes, its a completely different ball game right now.

They had stated before, when Han was triggering on Traya in a loop, that they are against infinite loops specifically in the sith raid, but do not care about it in the other raids. I mean, they have to fix this to keep their word, right?

Its a lot of effort that people have put in that is being taken away because of one new character that many don't have. I mean sure it should be possible to solo the sith raid by now since it has been a year, but the way I see it, the solo shouldn't include a loop mechanic, it should still be a fight.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Pieriku wrote: »

You notice how all the people fighting to keep this change now are people who apparently want the game to be easy mode so they can be lazy since it's "Too painful to do"? Meanwhile HSTR at least where my guild is concerned is quite fun for us as we all like the hard challenge. Its meant to be hard, its meant to require farming the right characters and blood sweat and tears. 4 months to prep for a phase which is now all wasted time, why would the devs want people to feel like that? Surely it would only be good for the game to get this phase fixed up.
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Gorem wrote: »
    You notice how all the people fighting to keep this change now are people who apparently want the game to be easy mode so they can be lazy since it's "Too painful to do"? Meanwhile HSTR at least where my guild is concerned is quite fun for us as we all like the hard challenge. Its meant to be hard, its meant to require farming the right characters and blood sweat and tears. 4 months to prep for a phase which is now all wasted time, why would the devs want people to feel like that? Surely it would only be good for the game to get this phase fixed up.

Of course the people who are struggling to complete HSTR are the ones that don't want the devs to change something that's not even broken, it's working exactly as the devs have intended these toons to work.

And let's be real, many people were commenting about how it's impossible to recruit for your guild unless you are a HSTR guild. Being able to bring in players who aren't complete dead weight in terms of contribution besides raid tickets and/or disbanding a guild is a far cry from simply wanting an easy way out. This raid is so terrible and has destroyed a lot of guilds, it's ridiculous that the people who have Traya are so upset at others getting her easier (but much later) because a toon came out and is working exactly as it's written. Literally nothing is broken now.

I'm sure you were one who got GK but then complained when BB8 came out that HAAT was too easy for everyone.

A lot of people are also upset that the devs couldn't bother looking into the most obvious cheese tactic in the entire game that theory crafters (and practically everyone) figured out in 2 minutes. How does someone who "tests" these things not look into one of the few leads that literally designed around exposes.
  • With Revan coming back in a few days and a lot of players going to be getting him. Phase 3 will be an afterthought anyways or will that be the next complaint? I worked for months on chex mix just to have Revan come in and do 2-3 times the damage.
  • Awesomite wrote: »
    With Revan coming back in a few days and a lot of players going to be getting him. Phase 3 will be an afterthought anyways or will that be the next complaint? I worked for months on chex mix just to have Revan come in and do 2-3 times the damage.

Yeah, it's odd to be complaining so much about how players have gotten utility out of the guys that they worked on but it didn't stay as the meta (for that phase) forever

Someone would be laughed off the internet if their complaint was that others around them updated their arena team to the new meta
  • This whole thread got derailed
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    This whole thread got derailed

Which is a great thing in general. This thread never should have been made since we need to let them take their time.

This thread is basically a tribute to the dangerous impatience of some players.
  • I don't think this is as big of an issue as some think. Yes, it is possible to solo p3 with finn. Bit it is very rng dependent.

I run Finn, r2, 3PO, han, and leia. I can get around 10 to 15 mil most times but it really depends. If you get bad luck and tray resists early you may only get a few million. I can usually get 2 topples since han can topple with his stand alone. But even so if rng hates you it's a 7 mil run. And eventually rmg hates you and your run ends. Even with everyone modded for potency.

It's a great team and one of the higher dmg dealers in p3, (I think ns and revan can also get 10 mil or so) but it isn't really broken and the loop is far from infinite.

My guess is they discovered that it isn't that big of issue and that any fixes they had in mind broke more than they fixed. So they have to figure something else out.

My advice is just leave it be. You need one of the newest legendaries to get big dmg and possibly solo (if the stars line up and rng loves you) one phase of a year old raid. Not really broken. New characters always make it easier to score higher in raids and other modes. That is pretty much the selling point of getting that toon.
  • I don't think this is as big of an issue as some think. Yes, it is possible to solo p3 with finn. Bit it is very rng dependent.

I run Finn, r2, 3PO, han, and leia. I can get around 10 to 15 mil most times but it really depends. If you get bad luck and tray resists early you may only get a few million. I can usually get 2 topples since han can topple with his stand alone. But even so if rng hates you it's a 7 mil run. And eventually rmg hates you and your run ends. Even with everyone modded for potency.

It's a great team and one of the higher dmg dealers in p3, (I think ns and revan can also get 10 mil or so) but it isn't really broken and the loop is far from infinite.

My guess is they discovered that it isn't that big of issue and that any fixes they had in mind broke more than they fixed. So they have to figure something else out.

My advice is just leave it be. You need one of the newest legendaries to get big dmg and possibly solo (if the stars line up and rng loves you) one phase of a year old raid. Not really broken. New characters always make it easier to score higher in raids and other modes. That is pretty much the selling point of getting that toon.

Replace R2 with Ezra and the team can solo on auto. I know because I do it every HSTR. I've also been able to auto with zFinn, 3p0, chopper, leia, k2. As long as they are modded for potency it's easy. Now I would love for them to not change it, but your arguement of it being RNG dependent just isn't true.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Pieriku wrote: »

Notice also how all the people crying salty tears are those who have spent years building their pitiful P3 teams.

Should have whaled on C3P0 instead of wasting your time on farming stupid P3 teams that do like 3 million damage. It's not my fault that those people have made poor game choices.

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • As nice as it is to solo P3, we've found that many end up cherry picking. Doing literally no damage throughout the rest of the raid only to swoop in pluck 1st place rewards while the rest of us grind, P1, 2 and 4. As guild leaders, its too hard to micromanage each phase so we had to ban C3PO in P3.

Now we have an issue with people auto'ing HAAT too fast lol. A year ago, who would have thought that'd be a problem?

This also happened with HAAT. When CLS came out people were soloing p1 and completing HPit in record time. It's just the progression of the game.

Just because you worked really hard to gear a few teams for HSTR does not give you the right to top rewards when a new better team comes out. You didn't invest to get 3p0 and others did, why should they have to sacrifice their earned reward of a team that can put up big numbers in HSTR?
  • why should they have to sacrifice their earned reward of a team that can put up big numbers in HSTR?

Because it’s taking advantage of an exploit. It’s a disingenuous way to rob your guild of their time and effort put towards the rest of the raid. Putting 1 squad on auto doesn’t deserve top rewards when the mechanic has been declared broken by the devs. It demoralizes the rest of the guild that has put tremendous effort into maximizing phase specific squads when that effort is squashed by someone that simply worked on ewoks.

• Pile wrote: »
    As nice as it is to solo P3, we've found that many end up cherry picking. Doing literally no damage throughout the rest of the raid only to swoop in pluck 1st place rewards while the rest of us grind, P1, 2 and 4. As guild leaders, its too hard to micromanage each phase so we had to ban C3PO in P3.

Now we have an issue with people auto'ing HAAT too fast lol. A year ago, who would have thought that'd be a problem?

This also happened with HAAT. When CLS came out people were soloing p1 and completing HPit in record time. It's just the progression of the game.

Just because you worked really hard to gear a few teams for HSTR does not give you the right to top rewards when a new better team comes out. You didn't invest to get 3p0 and others did, why should they have to sacrifice their earned reward of a team that can put up big numbers in HSTR?

We'll, some of those "others" were able to invest in 3po because they weren't investing in any other toons/teams to get through the raid. I know a lot of players who are ticked because they were investing in toons solely focused on helping their guilds get through the raid. Now you have players who barely understand the mechanics of the game soloing a phase on auto and taking top spots. Add this on top of other phase breaking teams that were fixed over the past few months and there is some understandable frustration.

The only ones in my guild using this team were aready in the top 5. So for us it didn't really change the places just raised the numbers and made p3 go faster.
  • FishingKittens
    32 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm defining it as the most commonly used team.
    I hear it commonly used both ways. Picking one or the other as "most" common is questionable, and acknowledging both definitions is a good way to prevent talking past each other uselessly in the future, because Traya is still meta in the sense that she's a relevant part of the current metagame, but is not meta in that she is not the most efficient tactic available assuming a late game player with all units available or theoretical long-term aspiration, but is most efficient tactic available to the many people who don't have Revan available to them at this time, because his event's only happened once and the number of folks who managed to get them are relatively limited. Because the last word in the acronym "meta" is "available," and someone can't be meta on an individual basis if they are not available. It ends up a relative and dynamic term. In brand new shards, Phoenix is meta for a while, because better teams are unavailable.

"Meta" is a term that needs some unpacking.

100% ftw

And here I thought it was short for "Make Everyone Think Alike" /s
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    I don't think it is useful to mess with the mechanics at this point. It's been almost two months, no one seems bothered with it. What's the point of changing it now ?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Vohbo wrote: »
    I don't think it is useful to mess with the mechanics at this point. It's been almost two months, no one seems bothered with it. What's the point of changing it now ?
    Much of this thread is people who are bothered by it.

Also, Finn is an issue that puts CG in a corner for future design any time Expose comes up, especially in the Resistance faction, because infinite loops break games.
    Still not a he.
  • Here’s a thought. If you like to not have people solo phase 3 (which is stupid logic in my book) just kick the members who are soloing p3 in your guild. Problem solved. We don’t need a nerf to fix anything.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Vohbo wrote: »
    Much of this thread is people who are bothered by it.

Also, Finn is an issue that puts CG in a corner for future design any time Expose comes up, especially in the Resistance faction, because infinite loops break games.

Not sure why only resistance characters attacking giving the tm gain is not any easy fix...

Then again you cant ever have ONE more resistance char that can expose or arena would be sick i guess...

Maybe that and some more tenacity on traya or something

I really want my aurra zetas back...(not really it was my choice but its pretty worthless now phase over before i can use her anymore lol