Made a mistake

Prev13
Jamesy
21 posts Member
edited January 3
Sorry
Post edited by Jamesy on

Replies

  • q98fhl7r13ol.jpg
  • TVF
    9359 posts Member
    edited January 3
    Jarvind wrote: »
    6a2.jpg

    I don't usually lol at memes but this was a legit lol.

    EDIT: To clarify, it's funny because it's backwards. Because it's Yoda. No comment on the OP being gud or not being gud.
  • Then he can clear your board and win so yeah get good is a great comment to trying to sort this issue
  • So....when it goes live you'll get points for clearing the top territory, and then you can attack his ship territory and hopefully win there. Even if he manages to clear your whole map, you're likely still going to win because of points gained setting defenses. +90 vs +~60 is quite a gap to overcome.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • JacenRoe
    2273 posts Member
    Ummm. No. He can't win. He missed out on all the huge points from setting defense. He handed you an effortless victory. What's your complaint again?
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Ummm. No. He can't win. He missed out on all the huge points from setting defense. He handed you an effortless victory. What's your complaint again?

    4qpb0wd7s03n.jpg
  • He did win
  • Well they are trying to make it so that if you don't set at least 1 squad on defense that they will automatically populate your defense with trash squads.
  • So....when it goes live you'll get points for clearing the top territory, and then you can attack his ship territory and hopefully win there. Even if he manages to clear your whole map, you're likely still going to win because of points gained setting defenses. +90 vs +~60 is quite a gap to overcome.

    Yoy dont get points he has won this is what i was trying to get at there maths just seem wrong if your able to win by setting no defence
  • Jamesy wrote: »
    He did win

    BWAHAHAHAHA, that is the GA for you. Good for your opponent, he just out smarted you and the game. I like that guy. Looks like its time you @ Jamesy to upgrade your fleet.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Well they are trying to make it so that if you don't set at least 1 squad on defense that they will automatically populate your defense with trash squads.

    That would be fair and this is all i was pointing out
  • You deserved it.
    If you defeat the fleet area, you can win.

    No one said “Don’t attack the fleet area.”
  • beer30mn wrote: »
    Jamesy wrote: »
    He did win

    BWAHAHAHAHA, that is the GA for you. Good for your opponent, he just out smarted you and the game. I like that guy. Looks like its time you @ Jamesy to upgrade your fleet.

    Ok if you are happy for it to work like this good for you most of us would like to see it run properly
  • komji15 wrote: »
    You deserved it.
    If you defeat the fleet area, you can win.

    No one said “Don’t attack the fleet area.”

    Ok helpful
  • TVF
    9359 posts Member
    Did I miss what ships you have? What ships do you have? Did you attack their ships and fail?
  • HK666
    896 posts Member
    I think it the other GA with 5v5 but with 3 territories that you couldn't win if you didn't set defense, but I could be wrong.

    Hopefully they roll out auto defenses soon. Otherwise they need to reduce points for lack of defenses or something
  • HK666 wrote: »
    I think it the other GA with 5v5 but with 3 territories that you couldn't win if you didn't set defense, but I could be wrong.

    Hopefully they roll out auto defenses soon. Otherwise they need to reduce points for lack of defenses or something

    Finally someone who gets what i was trying to say
  • Well that seems an issue with ship battles in GA. You just have max. 4 capital ships, set one in defense and can attack up to three times, if you have three complete strong fleets. So if someone put his best ships in one defensive fleet, and know that his opponent can't beat it, he will win even if he's not setting any defense :-/
  • jkray622
    649 posts Member
    edited January 3
    Look at it this way - if he had populated defensive fleets, he still would have won. If you can't beat his ships, you can't win against him.

    He actually gave you a lot more points than you would have had if he'd set defenses.

    If you kill a squad in combat, you get a maximum of 64 points. If he doesn't set a squad on defense, he sacrifices 90 points (that you earned by setting your defenses). That means that for every squad he didn't set, he gave you a 26 point advantage - and you still lost.
  • Kyle_Rain_23
    8 posts Member
    edited January 3
    This is actually an amazing strategy for someone that's built up their ships. I just did the math and assuming you can't beat your opponents ships, and he clears all your territories, he just needs to average 55.15 points per battle to win, which isn't too difficult to do if he saves all his top teams for offense.

    Here it is:
    Opponents points: 100(ships defence) + 155(conquering ships territory) + 300 (conquering characters territory) + 7*55.15 (points per battle) = 941 points

    Your points: 100(ships defence) + 6*90(character defence) + 300(conquering character territory) = 940

    Note: he could have won by much more if he filled his character defense, even if it was with just lvl 1 characters because he would have gained an additional 6*26 = 156 point advantage at least
  • This is actually an amazing strategy for someone that's built up their ships. I just did the math and assuming you can't beat your opponents ships, and he clears all your territories, he just needs to average 55.15 points per battle to win, which isn't too difficult to do if he saves all his top teams for offense.

    Here it is:
    Opponents points: 100(ships defence) + 155(conquering ships territory) + 300 (conquering characters territory) + 7*55.15 (points per battle) = 941 points

    Your points: 100(ships defence) + 6*90(character defence) + 300(conquering character territory) = 940

    No, it's a stupid strategy for someone who built up their ships. If he had set 5 lvl 1 characters in every single one of those defensive spots, his opponent could earn points for attacking, but he would have earned MORE points by setting those squads.
  • Jamesy wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Well they are trying to make it so that if you don't set at least 1 squad on defense that they will automatically populate your defense with trash squads.

    That would be fair and this is all i was pointing out

    yeah, they already noticed that this was an issue and the auto deployment was bugged and they are working on fixing it. I assume that is the reason why we don't have another GA until the 25th this month.
  • IC3M4N
    222 posts Member
    edited January 3
    rokota wrote: »
    Well that seems an issue with ship battles in GA. You just have max. 4 capital ships, set one in defense and can attack up to three times, if you have three complete strong fleets. So if someone put his best ships in one defensive fleet, and know that his opponent can't beat it, he will win even if he's not setting any defense :-/

    but even if the opponent put his best fleet for def then he still had to clear the OP fleet, so give and take still, if the OP had a decent fleet maybe he could have won
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Jamesy wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Well they are trying to make it so that if you don't set at least 1 squad on defense that they will automatically populate your defense with trash squads.

    That would be fair and this is all i was pointing out

    yeah, they already noticed that this was an issue and the auto deployment was bugged and they are working on fixing it. I assume that is the reason why we don't have another GA until the 25th this month.

    Thank you i did not know this
  • JacenRoe
    2273 posts Member
    He spotted you a couple hundred points. All you had to do was win one ship battle.
  • Right now the community is split on GA..most of it is matching. I have been and still am in unfair matching. and probably a great majority of the community are.
    Except when your on the winning side of an uneven match it is a great new addition. When your on the major out matched side constantly it isn't so great. I have won 2 matchs since it started that's 1/3 two times. So not so fun here. But I have been assured it will get better eventually. In the meantime..suck it up buttercup..or stop playing the feature. I'm gonna stop playing the feature. You must decide if you are to accept and play along.
  • It's not awful. If you have crap squad/ ship power then make it better to compete. It's just how things are strategy what will you put your resources into.
  • EliteR3b3L wrote: »
    It's not awful. If you have crap squad/ ship power then make it better to compete. It's just how things are strategy what will you put your resources into.

    Ive won more than ive lost so your point is invalid just trying to sort an issue
Sign In or Register to comment.