Imperial troopers

Prev1
Hi guys, never looked into imperial troopers, are they worth farming and who are best 5 if the answer is yes ?

Thanks

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Yes. Veers is necessary with his zeta. Range Trooper is very good. It depends to some extent on what you want them for. Shore, Death, Snow, Storm, Starck are all very useful in certain circumstances. Magma less so but he has his uses too (including in a squad that can defeat Traya).
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Magma (specifically, the drunk version) is our guild mascot. Good dude. Or gal, not 100% sure.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • They help with DSTB amen can take out a couple of poorly modded factions in GA/TW or B/C teams.

Best 5 are:
    Veers
    Starck(fast)
    Snow
    Range
    Storm/Shore

I’m 54 zetas in and 4.75 and still haven’t added a zeta to Veers
  • Imperial troopers are absolutely worth it. They are required for DSTB, and are a solid offensive team for TW/GA. Their mechanic is simple: kill one enemy, and the rest follow quickly. They specialize in demolishing low-health+protection teams quickly, most famously NS. As far as I see it, the essentials are:
    1) Veers. His leadership is ok (not required), but his unique is what makes the troopers work; whenever you kill an enemy, your entire team gets a massive TM boost.
    2) Snowtrooper. His unique is a great when combined with Veers for more speed boost.
    3) Starck. While troopers can work without him, he boosts the damage output significantly.
    The other options are basically whoever you have available:
    1) Top options are Deathtrooper (even more damage and keeping enemies dead), Rangetrooper (assist chance and retribution), Shoretrooper (a great tank+healer), and, in some cases, a non-trooper lead; Thrawn works if you expect the enemy to beat your speed (on offense), and Krennic works if you want to send the damage flying through the roof.
    2) Every other trooper will do fine, but probably worse in most circumstances. Only exception is, when fighting Traya, there's a team that uses Magmatrooper under Thrawn leadership with troopers which is pretty effective counter.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Ideal team for most purposes is probably Veers/Starck/Snow/Range/Shore, but any combo of 5 should work at least decently as long as you have Veers zeta'd. Only exception is that pairing Storm/Shore is redundant and probably doesn't give you enough firepower to keep the turn meter train rolling. I imagine you could probably get away with a no-tank setup and replace Shore with Death or Magma, if they're fast enough.

They flatten Nightsisters, which is an otherwise really annoying faction on defense, so they're worth it for that alone.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Ideal team for most purposes is probably Veers/Starck/Snow/Range/Shore, but any combo of 5 should work at least decently as long as you have Veers zeta'd. Only exception is that pairing Storm/Shore is redundant and probably doesn't give you enough firepower to keep the turn meter train rolling. I imagine you could probably get away with a no-tank setup and replace Shore with Death or Magma, if they're fast enough.

They flatten Nightsisters, which is an otherwise really annoying faction on defense, so they're worth it for that alone.

It’s way trickier with the zombie rework and a well modded NS.

And I disagree that any 5 work. Depends on how you’re defining work. First 5 waves of DSTB, yes. Garbage teams in TW/GA, yes. Good teams in TW/GA, not likely unless you mod Starck for a lot of speed and it really depends on the faction
  • mlb1399 wrote: »
    They help with DSTB amen can take out a couple of poorly modded factions in GA/TW or B/C teams.

Best 5 are:
    Veers
    Starck(fast)
    Snow
    Range
    Storm/Shore

You should give them a chance buddy, well geared/modded troopers can take down every BH and NS lineup.

Don't forget that a fact starck can go first and give 20% tm to the rest of the team under veers lead
    They help with DSTB amen can take out a couple of poorly modded factions in GA/TW or B/C teams.

Best 5 are:
    Veers
    Starck(fast)
    Snow
    Range
    Storm/Shore

You should give them a chance buddy, well geared/modded troopers can take down every BH and NS lineup.

Don't forget that a fact starck can go first and give 20% tm to the rest of the team under veers lead

I have and I’m guessing I have a faster Starck than you(not bragging just have really good mods). A faster Bossk double zetad will wreck that team.

Jarvind wrote: »

(...)

Good teams in TW/GA, not likely unless you mod Starck for a lot of speed and it really depends on the faction

Just defeated full g12 +3 zeta ns squad with my g10 average troopers in ga..

Zveers, starck, snow, death, shore. However, deathtrooper never got to use his deathmark so im pretty sure i could have replaced him with any other trooper.

This. I've found them far less reliable since they reworked zombie.

Can anyone answer, does range trooper make much of a difference?

They are the only trooper I don't have but I'm not sold so far that it's worth farming them.

How much extra does their kit really bring vs nightsisters?

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    mlb1399 wrote: »

Best 5 are:
    Veers
    Starck(fast)
    Snow
    Range
    Storm/Shore

I have and I’m guessing I have a faster Starck than you(not bragging just have really good mods). A faster Bossk double zetad will wreck that team.

Starck Base speed is 4 higher than Bossks and Veers lead gives Starck +20 speed so evenly modded Starck outpaces Bossk. Gives tm, DT uses grenade and Bossk can't taunt until his second turn thanks to cooldown reduction. Pick off the weaker BHs while bossk is useless and then let deathmark go to town on the BH. (My Starck may also be faster than yours ;) )
  • Not only are they very effective (one of the few effective teams against Nightsisters), they are also one of the most fun factions to use in the game.
  • I use Zgar lead with , shore,zDT, zstarck, zveers.
    Got my Zstark at 270 speed so I can dispel zombie straight away.
  • Shok
    73 posts Member
    Starck has always seemed underwhelming to me. Is his primary purpose to be super fast and get things rolling?
  • Shok wrote: »
    Starck has always seemed underwhelming to me. Is his primary purpose to be super fast and get things rolling?

Pretty much. The buff dispel can come in handy too.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    And AOE stagger. And crit up. Underrated.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    @FerLandrossa Range is supremely underrated.

Along with retribution, and the 50% assist chance, he grants protection up + regular protection recovery on his special (along with retribution).

They completely destroy almost any team I throw them against. In GA they're my "Hmmmm. That might be a tough one" answer, every time.

zVeers - 215 G10 (Speed/Pot)
    Starck - 248 G9 (Speed/Health)
    Range - 191 G9 (Offense/Tenacity)
    Shore - 155 G9 my last 6* (All health)
    Snow - 158 G8 (Offense/CC)

Absolutely wreck the DSTB Probe Droid mission, and any other mission in the battle. Rebel Roundup is easier than with higher gear BHs.
  • Shok
    73 posts Member
    I always forget about the dispel!
  • Shok
    73 posts Member
    Range seems to be getting excellent reviews from the community, and based on that I think it's safe to say he's good in most game modes.

So let me ask... in what situations should he be left on the bench?
  • @Shok in situations where deathtrooper would be better, for his full-team dispell, cool down increase, or healing immunity. Range trooper is almost just as effective or more effective in almost every situation, however, so feel free to use him.

Best 5 are:
    Veers
    Starck(fast)
    Snow
    Range
    Storm/Shore

Wow there, your assumptions are hurting my feelings. As the guy below you said, in equal mod situations, bossk will never outspeed starck.

There's always a weak link on a BH team, if you learn how to exploit that to your advantage, you can win any battle
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @FerLandrossa Range is supremely underrated.

Along with retribution, and the 50% assist chance, he grants protection up + regular protection recovery on his special (along with retribution).

They completely destroy almost any team I throw them against. In GA they're my "Hmmmm. That might be a tough one" answer, every time.

zVeers - 215 G10 (Speed/Pot)
    Starck - 248 G9 (Speed/Health)
    Range - 191 G9 (Offense/Tenacity)
    Shore - 155 G9 my last 6* (All health)
    Snow - 158 G8 (Offense/CC)

Absolutely wreck the DSTB Probe Droid mission, and any other mission in the battle. Rebel Roundup is easier than with higher gear BHs.

https://swgoh.gg/squads/18957/ have a look
  • @Treeburner nice collection! One day... One day.
  • Nobody asked but I use, and love, Imp Troopers 1.0 - Veers, Starck, Storm, Magma and Snow.

One day I'd love 2.0 - Veers, Starck, Shore, Range and Snow.

But too much else to farm right now. One day!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

I use them for offense and loving them. Thus I will develop Range soon. I guess people are saving DT for other purposes? Should I be gearing up snow or would just DT do?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Nobody asked but I use, and love, Imp Troopers 1.0 - Veers, Starck, Storm, Magma and Snow.

One day I'd love 2.0 - Veers, Starck, Shore, Range and Snow.

But too much else to farm right now. One day!
    Yeah, that'll be my first troopers lineup.

Unfortunately they are currently stuck behind my Rebel hero backlog but such is the way of things in Star Wars. :D
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Yeah, that'll be my first troopers lineup.

Even that squad despite being basic - is effective and a lot of fun!