Arena Mods - RHan v Chewie Sets

VonZant
3843 posts Member
I have 2 sets:
CD/CC set +105 speed, 222%CD
Speed/CC set +121 speed, 192%CD.

Which set on whom? I have the speed set on Han figuring Chewie assists a lot and speed isnt as important on him, but Han hits hard and may benefit from the higher damage set with less speed. But a faster Han means more attacks means more Chewie assists...

Opinions needed.

Replies

• I try to keep my Han fast, as we all know he isn't so tanky. I want him to get off as many of those shots as possible, they hit pretty hard already. Mine's at base 150% crit, and does plenty of damage. I don't run him in Arena, but I vote speed to Han.
  • I run a CC/CD set on Han, and he has +103 speed.

I have an Offense/Potency set on Chewie with +97 speed. They work incredible
  • Val_Galahadred
    442 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    You've got them right already @VonZant, although ideally you'd continue to farm/slice so that Han would have a similar set, but for now, maximize Chewbacca's damage (he's assisting two different characters, after all.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Faster Han for sure.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • If you face many Traya Teams, i would go for faster Chewie.

Reason:

If Han is very fast, Chewie assist very often and get 35% Max Health Damage of Traya's Unique Ability.
    Furthemore, if Chew is faster, he dispell more often and stun more often with his abilities.

But in the end, if you are talking about approx. 10 speed difference, it doesn't affect that much.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    I have 2 sets:
    CD/CC set +105 speed, 222%CD
    Speed/CC set +121 speed, 192%CD.

Which set on whom? I have the speed set on Han figuring Chewie assists a lot and speed isnt as important on him, but Han hits hard and may benefit from the higher damage set with less speed. But a faster Han means more attacks means more Chewie assists...

Opinions needed.
    Those are both more speed than is needed on either character, but if those were my only two set choices I’d go as others have said: more speed on Han, more damage on Chewy.

Mine isn’t perfected quite yet, as I’d like a bit more cd and cc, but here’s how I run him at top tier:
    5ziftqtzbl3y.png
    8p0yyye0aajk.png

Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Thanks for replies everyone.

@PepsiAddict those are actually good but not great speed sets. In high end arena there are people with +150 speed sets. So no - not enough speed yet. I would recommend you upgrade yours.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    @PepsiAddict "more speed than needed on either character" depends on who you are trying to beat and what your strat is. My goal is to beat Revan, because my team stomps everything else regardless. To beat Revan, the easiest path is to prevent him from getting mark off at the start. I do this by granting enough TM that I can get to Han's second turn before Revan's first, strip TM from Revan, and then fracture him.

The faster my Han is (currently 272/+130), the faster the Revan can be and it still works.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    @PepsiAddict "more speed than needed on either character" depends on who you are trying to beat and what your strat is. My goal is to beat Revan, because my team stomps everything else regardless. To beat Revan, the easiest path is to prevent him from getting mark off at the start. I do this by granting enough TM that I can get to Han's second turn before Revan's first, strip TM from Revan, and then fracture him.

The faster my Han is (currently 272/+130), the faster the Revan can be and it still works.

I have learned there are 2 strategies to beating Revan with ChewCrew. The first - yours - is to outspeed him. Very possible if you have outstanding speed sets. I do not. I use a different strategy, utilizing the mods I *do* have:
    https://youtu.be/G8WpN4nvxLg
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.