Battle Animations

Dear CG,

I know what I am about to write is going to maybe rub some devs the wrong way and I concede that point. However I am going to submit this feedback and suggestion for your consideration. It is no secret that we are in an advanced point of the game in terms of kit complexity and that mirror matches have been notorious for causing timeouts. I have seen many throw out the idea that we should get an 8x speed or 16x speed. What I am now submitting to you, CG, is that you look into giving us the option to just turn off the battle animations. I will admit I do not know how complex or easy this is to do on your end. It does however seem like speeding up animations probably puts more strain on our phone's processors. I am sure the devs that work on the animation are screaming at the top of their lungs cursing my name. From the player stand point there is nothing more frustrating than reaching the last 10 seconds and timing out because the animations were too slow. Outside the world of mobile gaming I have seen other games give the player the ability to turn off the animations. Personally I have only done this on second walkthroughs or at certain times where I want to rush through parts of the game. In SWGOH I see myself turning off animations for PvP content like arena, GA and TW where the stakes are much higher. For PvE content I would probably keep them on. I understand this might not completely solve this problem but I am sure it will help shave some time from our battles. Thank you.

Replies

• +1.

Some of the animations are simply super annoying.
  • Interesting idea.
  • Affy
    64 posts Member
    Intersting idea.

For me, I like the animations and I rarely get the point where it's an issue as I'm either successful or been smashed apart by then.

Personally, I'd not choose to turn them off but having the option to doesn't bother me. It would be useful for being able to rattle through some battles quickly though.