Idea for an Ally Point Shop

In order to make ally points more useful, I had an idea for an ally point shop. The items would still be the items currently available in the bronzium data cards, but would be priced based on the current odds of receiving that in a card.

It would be beneficial to older players, as they could target certain gear/characters they still need, as well as new players to help them through specific gear crunches.

For example, I saw a reddit post where someone tracked drops from 2000 bronzium pulls, in which they got 6 full 2* characters. There are 7 different 2* characters that could possibly drop from a bronzium. So in this new store, you could buy a 2* character for 583k ally points (see math below).

250 AP / ([6 drops / 2000 cards] / 7 characters)

This seems like a lot of points, but it is in-line with current odds, so there wouldn't need to be any change to the in-game economy.

Replies

• I usually just dedicate a couple of hours and a corresponding number of cups of coffee when I get to 1.5 to 3 hundred thousand. I did this this past week, and during the first 10 or so pulls, hit a 4* Barriss. 80 shards for the shard store. About 200 pulls later hit another 4*, Dathcha maybe. Ended up with almost 7,000 shard currency at the end, and spent about 185,000 ally points total. Also hit on a Tuskan, that gave me 80, that I never farmed, and now have him at 6*+, all from previous bronziums.

The best gear I got was a full Mk II Bacta gel.

A 2* character for 583,000, no thanks.
  • That's the beauty of statistics, that eventually it all evens out over time. If you like to play the lottery, you can keep pulling bronziums, or if you know what you want, you can shop the store. Your 4* pulls are awesome, but if it were me I'd rather have saved the points to spend on getting those last few lobot shards I'm missing.
  • I like the idea of having another store to just spend ally points in. However, why just have it be Bronzium pack items? I think you could do it like they do in the weekly shipments store where you offer an assortment of character shards, gear, maybe credit conversion packs, etc.