4* Mod Slicing

Prev1
Just saying there should be a way to slice mod to 5* that would just provide stats increases to the same rarity level (meaning you would not get additional upgrades but still be able to slice it up to A-rarity)

Replies

• There are only 5* mods to slice, I sell all others
  • Yeah, but it’s a pain in the neck when you’ve got things like this lying around. ohkc6d1t7zx5.png

I’d like to see slicing of 4 dot mods made possible, even if it meant spending lots more mats to do it. Would be worth it for rare gems like that one.
  • ObiPhilKenobi
    176 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    You could keep that mod and put it on a lower tier character.
  • Or a non crew-member where you don't care about total GP, just stats.
  • Yeah, but it’s a pain in the neck when you’ve got things like this lying around. ohkc6d1t7zx5.png

I’d like to see slicing of 4 dot mods made possible, even if it meant spending lots more mats to do it. Would be worth it for rare gems like that one.

I agree - when I first heard about slicing I thought they would be make it possible to increase from 1 dot to two dot and so on.
  • Please no.
    I know that people have some really good low-dot mods out there, but slicing is already annoying. Plus, how would that work? Different slicing to increase dots and color? What will be the cost? Where are you going to get the materials? Right now, you slice from 5*A to 6* E - will that be the same, or will you go to the same rarity? That's a lot of questions the dev team will need to work on, instead of any other thing you might want - new characters/ships, bug fixes, improvements to game modes and adding new ones...
    The current slicing system is already problematic. Assuming that in some future time the devs will want to allow mods to be sliced further than 6* - or even increase their color within 6* - they need to come up with some way to do it without completely breaking mods. So, I believe this is a bad idea that will hurt the game in the long run.
  • Why would u farm a 4 dot beside to complete a quest lol
  • I made a similar sugestion. Forum Link
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    At this point they cant really go back, many people have been working under the ideas stated and have either moved on from anything lower than 5 or at least selling new ones. It would probably make quite a commotion if they tried to reverse it now.
  • Severe tire damage upon backing up.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Goodgil wrote: »
    Please no.
    I know that people have some really good low-dot mods out there, but slicing is already annoying. Plus, how would that work? Different slicing to increase dots and color? What will be the cost? Where are you going to get the materials? Right now, you slice from 5*A to 6* E - will that be the same, or will you go to the same rarity? That's a lot of questions the dev team will need to work on, instead of any other thing you might want - new characters/ships, bug fixes, improvements to game modes and adding new ones...
    The current slicing system is already problematic. Assuming that in some future time the devs will want to allow mods to be sliced further than 6* - or even increase their color within 6* - they need to come up with some way to do it without completely breaking mods. So, I believe this is a bad idea that will hurt the game in the long run.

Could just use the slicing materials used to upgrade from 5* to 6* to upgrade from 3* to 4* to 5*. Just slightly less, and don't give the secondaries any increase in power, just increase the primary stat. I would say only go down to 3* as those are the lowest ones dropped in the top tier mod challenges, so farming mods from the mod challenges wouldn't be quite as useless if you got poor luck and got a lot of 3* mods while farming them from there.

That being said, might not be super easy to implement that at this point, however if they aren't gonna allow us to slice 4*/3* mods, they should really change the mod store to only sell 5* mods after you've completed all of the slicing challenges.

• I have a few 4 dot mods with double digits speed. I would like a way to turn it into a 5 dot.
  • It's pretty rare to get a worthwhile 4 dot mod...I'm sure we've all gotten a few, but 99% of them are just instant sale material. Wouldn't be worth the investment of development resources just so a handful of good 4 dot mods could get converted to 5 dot mods.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Coincidentally I farmed a four dot defense triangle with 3 speed. Figured what the heck and took it to 9, where it rolled speed three times. One more roll, and I'm suddenly sitting on a +18 speed defense triangle. This thing has worth, despite having no way to slice it.

Gave it to Hoda.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I really want to like this idea, as I have several 4 star mods I wish were 5 star as well, but I'm really struggling to see how this would work. When you slice 5 star mods up to 6 star, they're considered Tier E. If you were to slice a 4 star up to a 5 star, it would have to be sliced to Tier A to keep these from becoming more valuable than a mod that started at 5 star. That would possibly result in 4 star mods being cheaper to upgrade than 5 star mds, which wouldn't be a good outcome.
  • We would all.like the game to bend to suit us...... It doesn't...... Use that mod on a lesser toon and move on......
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Im all for 4 dot mod slicing or they just need to remove them completely. As of now they are just an empty award.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Im all for 4 dot mod slicing or they just need to remove them completely. As of now they are just an empty award.

@3pourr2
    TVF wrote: »
    Coincidentally I farmed a four dot defense triangle with 3 speed. Figured what the heck and took it to 9, where it rolled speed three times. One more roll, and I'm suddenly sitting on a +18 speed defense triangle. This thing has worth, despite having no way to slice it.

Gave it to Hoda.

And beyond that, I'm actually using it in arena on my CLS now. Got him to 307 and can outspeed the fastest Revan (325) on my shard now.

So yeah, most often an empty reward, but not always. And furthermore, still beats the old system where you weren't even guaranteed a mod for your sim.
  • Goodgil wrote: »
    Please no.

Better idea than anything they've done since screwing fleets up! What haven't they done to screw the game up other than adding new characters?!
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I still have my opinion and its mine to change or not. I read your post already dont see the point of saying it all twice except that tiny part where you agreed 🤷‍♂️
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    So you would have no use for an 18 speed 4 dot? Or you'd rather go back to when mods weren't guaranteed to drop?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Why only those two choices? Im pretty sure things can be changed in ways other than reverting. In comparison 5 star mods primary and secondary stats are much better than 4 star. And for that reason yes I prefer 5 star and have other stats that are way better too. Not just using a mod because it has 1 good stat out 5.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Well of course everyone prefers 5 dot mods. If you're just asking for only 5 dot mods to drop might as well ask for a bunch of other stuff they aren't going to change either.

But if you don't want a 4 dot 18 speed mod because you want an extra few percent of defense or an extra one percent of potency, good luck.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Lol I’ll stick with the extra few percents (3%x6)or 2500 health or protection boosts,it all adds up. However the op is asking to slice them which I did agree yet your version only has 2 options(old way or nothing). If its not asked how will they know its wanted? Im well aware you have issues with what most post but it doesn’t mean your right or that they must change their own opinions because of yours.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Ok then.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I don't see why it's necessary. Sell it if you don't want it. Game is about choices. Make one.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I don't see why it's necessary. Sell it if you don't want it. Game is about choices. Make one.

But if they're gonna continue to make 4 dot mods more and more obsolete, they should really stop selling them in the mod store because no one will buy them. If they want to keep shoving 4 dot mods down our throats they should give us a way to spend/patiently work towards upgrading them to 5 dot without increasing the secondaries, just so that it can be sliced.