Ship Arena dodging increase?

Prev134
It was asked during an RSG stream a couple days ago, but it seemed to someone else that ships are dodging a lot more in the last couple weeks (roughly since the time CG went on vacation?)

In the last two days I've seen Hound's Tooth dodge 4 (yes FOUR) times in one match multiple times. One of those times it dodged four times in a row. I've noticed more so that tanks are dodging more. A LOT more.

So what did you guys do before you went on vacation? Because something just is not right. And I'm not just talking about the excessive amount of buffing the AI gives itself (or you gave it). Even my Biggs and HT are dodging a lot. Yes my other ships seem to dodge, but why are TANK ships dodging so much more recently?

It keeps happening, daily. Everyday I see a consistent pattern of ships dodging. Like I said, for me I see tanks dodging the most. So what gives? What did you guys break, tweak, flip, sneeze on? Did you let someone who likes ships dodging be in control of the code while you're away?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please post your data, it makes it much easier to discuss.
  • HT unique and Breach is bugged. It’s supposed to inflict -25% evasion. It’s inflicting -25% accuracy. I’ll guarantee you 90% of those dodges are when someone breached is attacking.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Why on earth would they program ships to dodge more then go on vacation? I mean, really?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Why on earth would they program ships to dodge more then go on vacation? I mean, really?

Doesn't make sense, but I have noticed what seems like a lot more dodges in the past few days.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    That's how RNG works. It's not consistent.
  • I'm sorry but I won't video every single battle just to show something goofy with how bugged ships are. That being said I have had a breached HT dodge my attack. It happens very infrequently but I've seen it 2 times. Believe me or not, don't care. Everything dodges more than ITF now even Biggs.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I literally cannot remember the last time I had HT, mine or theirs, dodge anything under any circumstance.

Therefore HT's dodge chance is zero and no one can persuade me otherwise.
  • Things triggering and not triggering are always hot topics, especially when you can not see mechanics. If there was an in-game log that stated “ houndstooth needed a 7 to hit but rolled a 5” less conspiracy may happen.
  • NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    Also my hound's tooth seems to have a hard time applying breach. I mean 80% of the time i don't apply the debuff but it works 80% of the time for my opponent... meh
    Hound's Tooth has a Tenacity buff if not taunting. So if you shoot first you're less likely to breach them, and they're more likely to breach you.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • If there was an in-game log that stated “ houndstooth needed a 7 to hit but rolled a 5” less conspiracy may happen.
    Nah, people would just claim the log was lying :)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • HT unique and Breach is bugged. It’s supposed to inflict -25% evasion. It’s inflicting -25% accuracy. I’ll guarantee you 90% of those dodges are when someone breached is attacking.

And for those that don’t believe my above post, here is literally what the code says from SWGOH.gg. Notice the wording compared to R2-D2’s unique that increases accuracy. HTs ability says evasion decreased, but that’s not how it was coded.

zps5azasr5gw.png
    vb89zmalxs2n.png
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Interesting. I wasn't joking when I said I couldn't remember the last time I saw HT dodge but that's still RNG. This is more convincing...er, I mean, it would be if I understood it lol. But at least this has something behind it rather than the usual small sample sizes and/or conspiracy theories.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Yeah I have been noticing an obscene dodge rate. My biggs calling an assist against HT and missing is really noticeable. @Bulldog1205 good find. Has this been reported?

As far a HT having trouble applying breach. - if its on another HT before he has taunt that is his unique. Also if Ghost is there its harder.. Also Ghost + HT reinforce is even nastier. -25% potency and +25% tenacity. Works great together. And Biggs has 50%+ tenacity at g12 native.
  • NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Hound's Tooth has a Tenacity buff if not taunting. So if you shoot first you're less likely to breach them, and they're more likely to breach you.
    Oh yeah, that explains it, totally forgot that. Well now I'll focus on other ships lol
    And for those that don’t believe my above post, here is literally what the code says from SWGOH.gg. Notice the wording compared to R2-D2’s unique that increases accuracy. HTs ability says evasion decreased, but that’s not how it was coded.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it says :
    R2 accuracy buff = allies evasion negate +10%
    HT evasion debuff = ennemy evasion negate -25%
    I find R2 code way more suspicious than HT code lol
    Edit: well except if "evasion negate" means more accuracy, in that case you could call that a bug yes!

Yes, evasion negate means accuracy.
    VonZant wrote: »
    Yeah I have been noticing an obscene dodge rate. My biggs calling an assist against HT and missing is really noticeable. @Bulldog1205 good find. Has this been reported?

As far a HT having trouble applying breach. - if its on another HT before he has taunt that is his unique. Also if Ghost is there its harder.. Also Ghost + HT reinforce is even nastier. -25% potency and +25% tenacity. Works great together. And Biggs has 50%+ tenacity at g12 native.

It’s been reported multiple times. I wasn’t the one that found this, I saw one of the bug reports made. It’s been around for a long time now. Since HT release id assume.
  • Can anyone explain to me how evasion/accuracy work? I thought it worked this way:

Attacks are programmed to hit, so base 100% chance to hit
    The enemy's evasion (e) is a % chance that the character will dodge the attack - so chance to hit = 100 - e
    Your toon's accuracy (a) negates the same amount of the enemy evasion - so chance to hit = 100 - (e-a)

It looks like the majority of ships/toons have 2% evasion and 0% accuracy, so effectively 98% of the time hits should land.

Is that right or is there something counterintuitive at play like with potency/tenacity?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Can anyone explain to me how evasion/accuracy work? I thought it worked this way:

Attacks are programmed to hit, so base 100% chance to hit
    The enemy's evasion (e) is a % chance that the character will dodge the attack - so chance to hit = 100 - e
    Your toon's accuracy (a) negates the same amount of the enemy evasion - so chance to hit = 100 - (e-a)

It looks like the majority of ships/toons have 2% evasion and 0% accuracy, so effectively 98% of the time hits should land.

Is that right or is there something counterintuitive at play like with potency/tenacity?

That is right. There is no min chance to evade. If you put an accuracy arrow on on someone they will never get evaded by someone who doesn’t have increased evasion (not relevant in ships, but just for example).
  • I also agree there are something strange about dodge at the moment... Today i was using geos in fleet and they have 10*3=30% more accuracy from soldier ship, so i was really surprised when ITF dodged 2 attacks from them in the same match...

It should be imposible because this ITF have 24% dodge which is -6% against my 30% accuracy and there wasnt anything that lowered my accuraciy or something :S so incant understand it... ITF didnt have foresigh at this moment obviously.

Then in another match another ITF dodged again a geo hit (i was paying more attention at this behaviour since the previous 2 dodges). Does anyone have any clue about what could happen????
  • The evasion thing is definitely bugged, unless somehow it can't be lowered beyond the 2% base chance (which wouldn't make sense based on the precedents). I've seen breached enemies dodge like nothing, and I'm not talking about the TF.

And about the dodge rng, my HT was very dodgy today, evaded 7 times on the same battle :D
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    For statistical significance, many more points of data are required, like 2500+ instances. Same ships have to make the attacks on HT (the purported Dodge king now) so as not to introduce too many variables. Someone who actually knows statistics can explain it better than I but having had to read and evaluate research papers has given me a basic understanding.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Right after the last app store update, I had a string of mysterious no-bonus dodges in ships. In one battle their Hounds tooth and biggs dodged 4 times (critical buff strips too), and in another my hounds tooth dodged 3x in a row. Over the next couple of days I had similar battles, and was checking the forums to see if anyone had the same issue, but nothing. After that it went back to normal.
    Sometimes you just get a weird string of rng.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    APX_919 wrote: »
    For statistical significance, many more points of data are required, like 2500+ instances. Same ships have to make the attacks on HT (the purported Dodge king now) so as not to introduce too many variables. Someone who actually knows statistics can explain it better than I but having had to read and evaluate research papers has given me a basic understanding.

Well, if its coded wrong, you dont need a huge set of test numbers. You just need to look at Its code...
  • Degs29
    360 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I doubt it's RNG in this case. I've now heard this from three unrelated sources, and experienced it myself, all within the last couple weeks, where I haven't heard this complaint before. Something is up. I don't know if it was intended or not, but something has changed recently.
  • I'm glad to see I'm not the only one and there seems to be more than just "RNG!" at work here.
  • Its not about statistic... When someone without foresigh dodges against the geo trio wich have +30% accuracy its some kind of bug... Even if its ITF since he has the higgest dodge rating and its only 25%
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Degs29 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

I doubt it's RNG in this case. I've now heard this from three unrelated sources, and experienced it myself, all within the last couple weeks, where I haven't heard this complaint before. Something is up. I don't know if it was intended or not, but something has changed recently.

You quoted my first post in this thread without reading any additional posts. Always read the full thread before posting.
  • I actually noticed this about a month and a half ago. Thought it was just me, but it seems others have as well. Reminds me of the good old Dooku meta in arena.