Can someone recap the solution of crumb's puzzle?

I dont really have time to read through a 20 page thread to find out all the details of the puzzle solution so i was hoping someone could briefly sum it up. it seems the puzzle has been solved so could someone tell me what it said? thanks a lot in advance!

Replies

• Once it’s solved, I’m sure we will all find out,

hasn't it been solved already? i saw the last page of the thread and cg_evs posted the entire cipher text there.

hasn't it been solved already? i saw the last page of the thread and cg_evs posted the entire cipher text there.

But there are 121 characters left over, so many those will spell something?
  • Nope, that’s just a,list for the crossword part, There’s still other layers to solve
  • Looks like it leads to the Falcon.
  • It's the Millennium Falcon
  • Dazewalker wrote: »
    mvfmqa51wj30.png

all this just for something we already knew. disappointed, i am

• all this just for something we already knew. disappointed, i am

Were you the one who did all the work to solve it? Lol
  • Jagged_Fel
    45 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    The interesting part is the last layer before finding millennium falcon was a word search of ships. Most of the ships named are already in game, but it included some not in the game: "y-wing", "b-wing", and "tie bomber". Maybe a hint that those are coming as well. Though "pod racer" was also in the word search... So maybe not?

• all this just for something we already knew. disappointed, i am

Were you the one who did all the work to solve it? Lol

Falcon - already knew
    Jedi - they have revan and bastila isnt that enough
    Darth something - that makes trimuvate invincible and soo many ppl dont even have traya
    Rebel - galaxy of rebels, yay
    Scoundrel - so many useless toons

Lol.
  • Remember to drink your Ovaltine.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    1- guess OT falcon
    2 - have fun with a bunch of other players and solve part 1
    3 - then do step 2 for part 2
    4 - ?????
    5 - profit.

PS - guess the answer is not the same as "knowing the answer" or solving the puzzle.

• I didn’t solve but I watched most of it happen in their discord. Sigsig and ColonelMatt88 put on a show. First were dials that spelled “Scoundrels4Life” and have a link to an ea forum account for a Han and Chewie account and that scoundrels was the password. From there they pulled a code that translated to light, dark, and cantina nodes. They used this coding and translated to letters to form a word search and then solved it to use the leftover characters to form a second puzzle. That puzzle was solved with ship names and the left over characters spelled out the millennium falcon. Roughly correct for a quick recap of more than 24 hrs worth of work. They’re gonna post a write up of how it worked
  • Dazewalker wrote: »
    mvfmqa51wj30.png

Well aren't you just a kill joy.... People like doing puzzles and these things bring puzzlers together to form an actual community that isn't based on griping about literally everything in the game. Take a lap.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Stop trolling the community with info it already knew. Wasting people's time and yours is not productive..
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Stop trolling the community with info it already knew. Wasting people's time and yours is not productive..

How is it wasted time if people choose to use it how they want? Just ignore it if you don't care.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Stop trolling the community with info it already knew. Wasting people's time and yours is not productive..
    Information Capital Games never told or shared with the community...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    1- guess OT falcon
    2 - have fun with a bunch of other players and solve part 1
    3 - then do step 2 for part 2
    4 - ?????
    5 - profit.

PS - guess the answer is not the same as "knowing the answer" or solving the puzzle.

u win this thread
  • I didn’t solve but I watched most of it happen in their discord. Sigsig and ColonelMatt88 put on a show.

Thanks :) have to note that the dials were done by someone on this forum I think, and there were a number of people who solved key parts through applying and translating the cipher (Lone Starr I think), getting the relevant data (sigsig did a lot of this) or working out the CDL link. I solved a couple of bits and helped set up, manage and fill in the sheets but lots of people were involved at each step, which is what made it so much fun :) special thanks to the person that wrote a programme to quickly sort through the 102 chars code when we'd cracked it. Doing 841 checks by hand would have taken a long time lol
  • Has no one done a crossword before?
  • TVF wrote: »

How is it wasted time if people choose to use it how they want? Just ignore it if you don't care.

He can be just as wasteful as he wants to
  • floppytechie
    125 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    NicWester wrote: »
    Dazewalker wrote: »
    mvfmqa51wj30.png

Well aren't you just a kill joy.... People like doing puzzles and these things bring puzzlers together to form an actual community that isn't based on griping about literally everything in the game. Take a lap.

im not a killjoy, i was one of those who made threads asking about the puzzles returning once kozispoon stopped makibg them. i would have just liked the hidden message to be something more than a clue that the community had already figured out months before.

I didn’t solve but I watched most of it happen in their discord. Sigsig and ColonelMatt88 put on a show. First were dials that spelled “Scoundrels4Life” and have a link to an ea forum account for a Han and Chewie account and that scoundrels was the password. From there they pulled a code that translated to light, dark, and cantina nodes. They used this coding and translated to letters to form a word search and then solved it to use the leftover characters to form a second puzzle. That puzzle was solved with ship names and the left over characters spelled out the millennium falcon. Roughly correct for a quick recap of more than 24 hrs worth of work. They’re gonna post a write up of how it worked

Thanks a lot!
    3pourr2 wrote: »

haha, thanks. it seems people are getting hung up on my disappointment so much they forgot the purpose of this thread
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Happens alot around here
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    im not a killjoy, i was one of those who made threads asking about the puzzles returning once kozispoon stopped makibg them. i would have just liked the hidden message to be something more than a clue that the community had already figured out months before.
    Don't be disgruntled because the community "figured it out" months ago, be disgruntled because someone spoiled it months ago by leaking because they'd rather have been a Big Dog than see the community actually enjoy something.

Like, if I tell you the end of Game of Thrones six months in advance, are you going to be mad at me or at HBO?

Final thing to consider: A whole lot of people actively hate the "community" around this game and do their best to stay away from it, so we didn't know the Falcon was coming for months in advance. A large part of the reason we actively hate the "community" to which you refer, not coincidentally, is the constant "Well they wasted our time with THIS one, guys...." attitude.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.