An event to make this game awesome again

So I dont know about everyone else in the swgoh community, but I have had 8 friends who have walked away from this game recently, and it is entirely because of the paywalls...and these are players who like me have spent plenty of $ on the game...while i do understand their decision after revan and other purely $ driven events, I dont like it because I want this game to stick around for a long, long time... So I have a solution, and i sincerely hope that CG will listen...Create an event that comes around every few months where you can get 2 OP characters and you can get them at any point in the game if you are able to achieve it, I would make them darth malak and darth revan, but as long as they are really solid characters it doesnt matter who they are...

So with each tier of the event, players can use any faction and character that they choose...however, there are insane bonuses based on the faction/tier that you decide to use...for example, say tier 1 is the empire bonus, empire units get plus 30 speed and plus 30% critical damage...this is on top of their normal leader bonuses(This will also coincide with CGs proclamation that they want to make game-modes more playful and fun, which we all want as well)

With each tier, the faction and bonuses change but it makes it much easier if you play with the targeted faction...

The next tier would be, lets say rebels, if you use rebels you get plus 30 speed and plus 30% defense, again on top of your normal bonuses...this would make it much easier and fun for less developed players to enjoy the event...you can still make it difficult enough that the whales need to try when beating it, at least at higher tiers, but also make it fun enough that the lower GP people dont want to kill themselves or quit the game before getting a 5 star character

The next tier would be bounty hunter/scoundrels, plus 30 speed, plus 10% potency, plus 10% tenacity, and plus 10% offense(This tier will unlock malak at 5 stars)

Then nightsisters, plus 30 speed and plus 30% protection(This tier will unlock revan at 5 stars)

Then first order, plus 30 speed and plus 30% offense(This tier will unlock malak at 6 stars)

Then resistance, plus 30 speed and plus 30% defense(This tier will unlock Revan at 6 stars)

Then in the sixth tier, the faction is sith and you have to go against jedi malak and jedi revan with other jedi like bastilla and hermit yoda...but the sith get plus 50 speed, plus 50% defense, and plus 50% accuracy...(This tier will obviously be very, very hard) If you can defeat this tier you get revan and malak at 7 stars

In the final, mythic tier, you will need to face darth revan, darth malak, and dark side bastilla 3v3 with any charater/faction that you choose, and you get triple whatever leader bonus that you choose...(this tier will be extremely difficult)the reward will be zetas, omegas, and really good mods

i think something like this would be awesome, please lmk what you all think

Replies

• Options
    So like a lot of legendary events? If you can get the right teams now, you can also unlock the OP toons now, e. G. Revan, gmy, thrawn..
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    We need ship content.... we need more ships, more cApitals, more marquees, maybe a ship in fleet store....

Now x10000x more importantly we need CONTENT something to do with the ships...

I dont care about new falcon or any other ship or capital if there aint SQUaT to use it on...something fundamentally fun.

As to OP would love your suggestion but will never ever happen...no way they will giive anyone OP
    Toons for free...

Power creep already out of control your
    Suggestion seems to blow the roof off it still sounds nice
  • Options
    We do need a ship raid or something to make ships more appealing. Right now I only farmed my ships primarily for farming zetas. I think a death star raid would be cool as well as adding more captial ship commanders maybe a bounty Hunter or scoundrel one, like Hondo from the clone wars show would be pretty cool.
  • Options
    I like your idea but also don't think greed will let it happen. The best way to deal with insane paywalls and never ending content full of bugs, or 'known issues' is to ignore it and continue working on your own little corner of the Galaxy; like NS or BH or Empire or whatever catches your eye. You only have to be a slave to the new meta or brand new OP if you choose to be; of course you have to let go competing at the top of your arena shard and fleet shard as well, until eventually, maybe. Or you can complain about whales, ranks, etc and get frustrated enough to quit. CG has left little choice in the matter but there still is choice, albeit a small one.
  • Options
    I hate ships...... I wish I enjoyed them more. I just don't.

I like the thought process, but in the end, they will attempt to make as much money as possible.

I'm f2p and haven't spent a dime. So, I wait several months and get the new toons on the second go-around.
  • Options
    I think this guy has a good idea, but I also see the reasoning against
  • Options
    The word "greed" is being thrown around alot. It seems to me the best retort would be "entitled".

There has not been an event since JTR that has not been possible to get 1st round F2P with a touch of luck in intuition. And not 1 event that couldnt easily be picked up on round 2. And rightfully so. This "paywall" is there so that people who do pay (not just buying a crystal pack twice a month) are buying something.

What would any of you buy in this world if you could have it free?

We need the whales they are what makes the game available to us.

If you leave because youre not getting enough free ****, bye
  • Options
    I don't need 2 OP character/month but farming a Mother Talzin or Enfys Nest is a lot of time. They should reduce the energy cost or something. BTW some character who I want to see: Padmé and Droideka
  • Options
    I don't see where this event would be any more new player friendly than previous ones.

If the bonuses mean anything, you essentially have to have 7 different factions geared up.

As a end game player, that's not an issue for me since most of the teams listed are good and I have a lot of them already at or near g12. But new players may have one of those faction at like g8. And if you can just use a single faction at g8 or g9 for the whole event, it becomes a give away and that isn't good for the game.

Also the premise that all the events recently were paywalls isn't right. Revan definitely was but chewie and 3PO were ftp assessible. Though by their nature not friendly to brand new players because they have other priorities. And revan is only a paywall the first time. After tgat it is completely ftp assessible and fairly ftp friendly.

After all you farm 5 toons which are on pretty easy nodes to get to and you get the most op toon in the game. 2 of the toons you need for the meta team are also req. Once you get revan, you only need 2 other jedi to get gmy and have a meta team. I call 7 characters to farm a meta team early player friendly.
  • SenjiD
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    OneTwo wrote: »
    We do need a ship raid or something to make ships more appealing. I think a death star raid would be cool
    Several possible ship raids for me would be Death Star, Vader's capital Super Star Destroyer (Executrix),
    as well as the First Order Siege Dreadnought.

Also, I wouldn't exclude Trade Federation capital ship from the Phantom Menace.
  • Options
    I havent spent a lot of $$ on the game(few crystal packs early) and haven't spent a dime in over a year, however i have been ready for Revans return now for about a week, got 7* chewie and 6* 3po(7* next time)
    You dont need to spend lots of $$ to get toons, spending money just makes it easier. But for me spending $$ to unlock toons like those that spent a couple hundred for Revan first run defeats the acheivement of unlocking that toon.

Plus those toons are less game changing now that there are multiple viable options

I do agree with those saying there needs to be more for ships, like a ship raid(attack on the death star?), the issue will be making it so the battle last as most ship battles end pretty fast.
  • Options
    TheExile13 wrote: »
    So I dont know about everyone else in the swgoh community, but I have had 8 friends who have walked away from this game recently, and it is entirely because of the paywalls...and these are players who like me have spent plenty of $ on the game...while i do understand their decision after revan and other purely $ driven events, I dont like it because I want this game to stick around for a long, long time... So I have a solution, and i sincerely hope that CG will listen...Create an event that comes around every few months where you can get 2 OP characters and you can get them at any point in the game if you are able to achieve it, I would make them darth malak and darth revan, but as long as they are really solid characters it doesnt matter who they are...

So with each tier of the event, players can use any faction and character that they choose...however, there are insane bonuses based on the faction/tier that you decide to use...for example, say tier 1 is the empire bonus, empire units get plus 30 speed and plus 30% critical damage...this is on top of their normal leader bonuses(This will also coincide with CGs proclamation that they want to make game-modes more playful and fun, which we all want as well)

With each tier, the faction and bonuses change but it makes it much easier if you play with the targeted faction...

The next tier would be, lets say rebels, if you use rebels you get plus 30 speed and plus 30% defense, again on top of your normal bonuses...this would make it much easier and fun for less developed players to enjoy the event...you can still make it difficult enough that the whales need to try when beating it, at least at higher tiers, but also make it fun enough that the lower GP people dont want to kill themselves or quit the game before getting a 5 star character

The next tier would be bounty hunter/scoundrels, plus 30 speed, plus 10% potency, plus 10% tenacity, and plus 10% offense(This tier will unlock malak at 5 stars)

Then nightsisters, plus 30 speed and plus 30% protection(This tier will unlock revan at 5 stars)

Then first order, plus 30 speed and plus 30% offense(This tier will unlock malak at 6 stars)

Then resistance, plus 30 speed and plus 30% defense(This tier will unlock Revan at 6 stars)

Then in the sixth tier, the faction is sith and you have to go against jedi malak and jedi revan with other jedi like bastilla and hermit yoda...but the sith get plus 50 speed, plus 50% defense, and plus 50% accuracy...(This tier will obviously be very, very hard) If you can defeat this tier you get revan and malak at 7 stars

In the final, mythic tier, you will need to face darth revan, darth malak, and dark side bastilla 3v3 with any charater/faction that you choose, and you get triple whatever leader bonus that you choose...(this tier will be extremely difficult)the reward will be zetas, omegas, and really good mods

i think something like this would be awesome, please lmk what you all think

That's would be a great idea I'm definitely on board and iv been playin for 3 years now and it is alot about cash to get really good things .
    Caveman
  • Options
    I'd say the biggest reason is that you end up fighting the same thing over and over again. It's that and in addition that same fight is often long and drawn out. Players have been speculating that they are opting to just make the same fight harder like adding mythic tiers rather than bring something different or farmable. Who wants to sit there for 45 mins, fight the same board? If I fight a board over and over again I wish it was farmable. Instead of one fight that takes 45 mins, in that same time make the boards beatable fast, and introduce content on a weekly basis with stuff we've never seen before.