Chimaera Stalemate ?

RayDragonWolf
32 posts Member
edited January 2019
so the hounds tooth on hounds tooth stalemates are bad enough with Biggs getting endless protection as well but I can't figure out how the defense Chimaera always uses it's ultimate on my hounds tooth while my ultimate still has a cooldown of 1? anyone else have this problem? I have fully maxed Chimaera with g12 thrawn and both line ups are exactly the same Vader HT tie/xB Biggs boba, so how does the enemy use a super 2 turns before me every time?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Theirs is faster than yours is and it increases the cool down of your ultimate when it uses its own.
  • ahh makes sense now. Still annoying
  • ahh makes sense now. Still annoying

I agree, it is annoying. There are two or three solutions - increase the speed of your Chimaera by working on your Thrawn, slow down the opposing Chimaera with TIE Reaper, or speed up yours with Imperial TIE Fighter.
  • my thrawn only needs one more zeta but it doesn't matter because defense always goes first. ties don't matter in HT Stalemate because only they and Biggs get targeted and no ships are dying = offense always loses
  • reaper only activates when any ship dies and fighter only activates when it evades
  • reaper only activates when any ship dies and fighter only activates when it evades

Yes. This is where you need to work on your strategy. Try to figure out ways around HT's taunt, so you can trigger those abilities, if you need to.

Biggs (and other taunters, like SF or Boba) is easier to kill, so focus on him if he's present. Use ships that have buff dispels (Ahsoka, Cassian, Vader) to remove HT's taunt. Use Geo Spy as a reinforcement to force a taunt on a different ship. Use ITF's special on a ship with retribution. There are plenty of options.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    my thrawn only needs one more zeta but it doesn't matter because defense always goes first. ties don't matter in HT Stalemate because only they and Biggs get targeted and no ships are dying = offense always loses
    defense doesn’t always goes first

I’d suggest checking up on speeds manually because your Thrawn may be a zeta short but he might still be slower if all 6 mods on him aren’t 6 dot mods
  • Thrawns speed increases Chimaeras speed? I thought character stats didn't affect their ships
  • my thrawn only needs one more zeta but it doesn't matter because defense always goes first.

This is not true. If speeds are equal then it's a coin flip.
    Thrawns speed increases Chimaeras speed? I thought character stats didn't affect their ships

His speed doesn't, but 6 dot mods give more pilot power than 5 dot mods and hence more speed.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Thrawns speed increases Chimaeras speed? I thought character stats didn't affect their ships

Thrawn's speed doesn't matter; all that matters is character power (other than that given by mod color). Adding gear, abilities, and higher starred (and leveled) mods will increase ship speed.
  • both our thrawns have all 5 dot mods. mine has 1 zeta 20k power and 218 speed, his has no zetas 18k power and 244 speed. my Chimaera has 150 speed and his has 152..? so I'm not getting the math here
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    His has more G12 gear. Zetas add more power than a G12 piece, but they both contribute about the same to ship speed.

Edit: Use this calculator:

http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Calculators/ShipSpeed
  • just for icing on top I have a 7* HT to his 5* so if the ultimate wasn't a factor I definitely wouldn't lose
  • must be the gear because it won't show me his but I didn't put any. didn't know it was that important
  • my Chimaera has 150 speed and his has 152..? so I'm not getting the math here

So unless you manipulate the other chimera TM, it will always reach ultimate first. It is faster.

Ways to do so have been said above.
  • @RayDragonWolf Scimitar and Cassian are your friend. Vader under stealth with offense up under off of Thrawn's basic can one shot just about anything in the game (except maybe Fives....**** that ship). Cassian dispels and adds defense down. These are two very good tools for neutralizing either/both of those tanks.