Palp team or CLS team?

Heya everyone,

So the question I have is: Should I continue to upgrade my sith team for arena or should I focus on a CLS team?
CLS is coming in 3 days and I'll be ready to get him
I've almost got 3 zeta's saved up right now because I'm not sure if I should go for CLS or my sith team.

Right now I'm using zPalp, Vader, Thrawn, Sion, Nihilus

For a CLS team I was thinking: CLS, Solo, R2D2, and either Wedge+Biggs or Old Ben/GK+ Imwe

Would love some feedback!

https://swgoh.gg/p/766297271/characters/

Replies

• Cls for sure.

The only reason you might even consider question is if youll have traya unlocked any time soon.
  • I would work on getting chewy (and then 3po) if going CLS
  • I'm not getting Traya yet. I am working on my BH squad for Chewy atm, almost done with the veterans for Rey :)
  • In that case Sith are definitely the stronger squad on paper. Switching to CLS would make sense if you had Chewie and preferably also 3PO but without Chewie there's not really a point in running CLS lead in arena nowadays.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Tough call. Chewie and C3 is was really made CLS relevant again.

Both Palp and CLS w/out new legendaries are both old metas. EP is less old, and might get you a little further. CLS and his team use a few toons that are also raid viable

If you go Sith, I recommend Palp's second zeta, Sion's zeta, and CLS IBAT. IMO Palp lead and Sion's are the big zetas on this team.

If you go Rebels, I recommend CLS IBAT, Either of R2's, and then R2's last zeta or Sion's Zeta. I recommend running- CLS, R2, Thrawn, Solo, GK/Old Ben

Nothing wrong with saving a zeta with either option. CLS IBAT is always good and Sion's Zeta vastly improves him
  • Just depends on if u want to compete with them. Whenever u switch a team ur next team won’t be as good because u have not optimized it with gear or mods yet.

If it’s needed for u to climb better u have to choice but to switch. I don’t need a different team to climb so I won’t switch until next team is maxed out.
  • I had the same question back in October then I finally got CLS and wasn't very impressed I use them here and they're not too often as a leader and now I don't even touch him. However if you can get bastila falling geared up pretty good she is terrific for the sith team terrrrrrrrrrrific under palp with Vader sion sidous..... Debuff city keeps enemy dazed and confused with barely any turn meter for them
  • Just get CLS and Max him asap. He's great pretty much everywhere. You don't have to build a team around him if you don't want to, but def get and Max CLS.
  • Yeah, you are asking this question 3 weeks after they released C3PO and Chewie. I've already seen CLS, Chewie, C3PO, R2, Raid Han teams at the top of my server (3 year old 1...) So should you go with Sith or a team that can currently compete with Revan and Traya?

No brainer if you ask me. Whatever is upcoming is gonna piggyback off of all of this.
  • If u dont have chewie cls wont help u a lot... So keep palpa sith by the moment xD
  • CLS, OG Han, Old Ben, R2 and then...er...Thrawn?

BTW- you should be ashamed at having R2 so undergeared! :(

Then you need to work towards Chewie and replace Thrawn. (Chewie + CLS + OG Han = absolute madness)

Then you need to work towards C3P0 to replace Old Ben. (Absolute madness...to the max)

Now you're talking ;)

• I ran zCLS, zzR2, zRHan, and either Chaze or Wiggs for the past year. Held in top 100 until Oct. Could beat EP, Vader, Sion, Nihilus, Thrawn teams most of the time but got killed on defense to them as well as NS. When Traya and Revan started showing up in Oct, I dropped and could snipe top 200.
    Got Chewie and run w zCLS, zzR2, zRHan, zThrawn and zetad Loyal Friend and can now snipe top 50. Top 50 is Trayas, Revans, and 3-6 CLS teams.
  • Baddbrad wrote: »
    I ran zCLS, zzR2, zRHan, and either Chaze or Wiggs for the past year. Held in top 100 until Oct. Could beat EP, Vader, Sion, Nihilus, Thrawn teams most of the time but got killed on defense to them as well as NS. When Traya and Revan started showing up in Oct, I dropped and could snipe top 200.
    Got Chewie and run w zCLS, zzR2, zRHan, zThrawn and zetad Loyal Friend and can now snipe top 50. Top 50 is Trayas, Revans, and 3-6 CLS teams.
    Get 3Po a d you will retain top 10