Squad arrangement bug

For a long time I've been encountering a bug with my squad's when I'm on PvP, galactic war or the hollow table battles. Every time I go into a battle a few members of one of my team's will randomly swap positions, and it's a bit annoying. Before the bug showed up you were able to position your characters in any order you liked, which was awesome! Now we can't. Is this a bug? If so it would be awesome if it was fixed back to the way it was before, where you could choose the character positions.

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    It's the silly Auto arrange feature which is supposed to "improve" our QOL. :D
  • So that explains it. Well to me it's a bug lol, and it needs to be sorted because it's not doing me any god at all. 😂
  • Glad it's not just me who gets annoyed by that!
    I find it particularly annoying when I'm playing with a buff-heavy squad and using Yoda, I want him positioned on the right so that when choosing him as the target of a buff or assist or heal etc it is easier to select him because with him being so small and some squads having long lines of buff icons it can be really hard to get my screen to recognize that it's him I'm trying to select if he's over in the inside-left position. In a timed SA or TW battle that can waste valuable seconds or lead to incorrect Assist etc assignments
  • @AntiFunn yeah, it's our squads and our choices. I completely agree with you. @Beeblebrox ouch, I have a similar problem with my phoenix. I mod them for survivability, and when they're loaded with debuffs I cleanse Kanan to do a mass cleans. but a few times he's been in a different position and it mistakes my selection for someone else :/ but with the set positions i had that never happened, so I can kind of understand your pain.
  • I can live with them auto arranging, but it should be set in stone. If I'm using the same team everytime they should always be in the same spot and not randomly have hyoda and gmy swapping spots
  • @DuneFlint tbh id rather live without them, and yeah i agree our own teams should stay in the positions we chose, not the dumb computer.
  • Th e auto arrange is annoying yes,

However, For those of you having chars move around, like @DuneFlint with the yodas, Wait a few extra seconds to enter the battle, Apparently , entering a battle to quickly from the squad selection screen can cause the yodas in particular, ( due to being essentially the same height). To swap positions. With the extra delay before entering battle. Yoda amd hermit will always be in the same spots. (Atleast that’s what has been reported so far. )
  • @GhostTruckin that actually pretty handy lol. thanks for informing us.
  • @AntiFunn omg I've had that too. I've had to get used to it but I really want it back to the good old way, where you decide where to put YOUR characters.
  • Th e auto arrange is annoying yes,

However, For those of you having chars move around, like @DuneFlint with the yodas, Wait a few extra seconds to enter the battle, Apparently , entering a battle to quickly from the squad selection screen can cause the yodas in particular, ( due to being essentially the same height). To swap positions. With the extra delay before entering battle. Yoda amd hermit will always be in the same spots. (Atleast that’s what has been reported so far. )

Useful to know for some situations, but for Raids or TB battles it doesn't help as the game is doing the loading, not us
  • Raids have always changed positions between phases, Well before the devs have implemented the height position thing.

TB will be the same as raids, if chars change position on the waves . I don’t think mine do, but, I don’t really worry about it.
  • I have tested this exact thing before as I too had an issue with Yoda's switching.

It is true that waiting in the characters selection screen to load the models of each character before starting the battle does correct the random switch.

At least for arena.
  • @Tanzos that's interesting, but it still is annoying tbh.
  • It really is weird and I can't think of a reason how it happens. But ever since someone told me that I've been able to reproduce the Yoda's switches when I want and not have it happen as long I wait til each character's model loads. It's a small annoyance for a small detail.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I've had many chars switch,not just yodas. very annoying to put in a team and then hit assist/buff X there on the righ-oh, now it's a different char. retreat?

the worst part is there is zero upside that I can see to have anyone change spots. if it's part of the "help us see everyone/char not blocked," then make them be in a certain order, don't randomly change (not sure if that's the issue, but, long story short, cut it out)
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • @Tanzos that's how I feel, but with my phoenix.