What is the counter of mace fleet?

hi!
more and more i see in arena mace fleet (with umbaran, HT, xanadu and tie x1, ani's starfighter, lando's millenium and a last ship).
what is the best counter with thrawn like amiral?
thanks!

Replies

• Options
    Hound's Tooth is probably the biggest problem out of all of those. I found this thread very helpful: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182870/hounds-tooth-is-overpowered/p1

I've had good results with Ahsoka, also against Umbaran. But if you mostly use dark side ships under Tarkin or Thrawn, you might find DarkHelmet's advice more helpful.
    It's actually pretty easy to kill the under powered hts if you do it right. Don't know about a maxed one, haven't seen one in my shard.

But basically, I run a tfp, vader, biggs starting line up under tarkin. My tfp usually goes first. Use a basic to get tl on ht. If it misses, you have vader up next to do his own tl. Then use tf's special and the ht has buff immunitu and no bonus protection. Then use your next couple of turns to kill it. Usually you can get it before it cleanses.

I also have fives as a reinforcement, his basic can dispel the bonus protection and effectively shoot through it if he still has tl. So if you don't get him all the way call fives in and finish the job.

Ht is a hard counter to geos but isn't invincible.

• crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    There are two of these on my shard, and honestly I don't find them all that big of a deal. I can run into trouble if I have bad opening rng, but most of the time I beat them in 2:30.

I run Chimaera with Vader, HT, and Imp TIE, with Phantom II and Poe as reinforcements. Other reinforcements don't really get called so probably don't matter.

Attack enemy HT with both TIE basics. On your HT turn, Breach Fives. Give offense up to all your ships. Pummel HT with Vader basic and TIE special, and ideally land buff immunity. Call Phantom and use second high damage special. Can usually get through HT pretty quickly. Call Poe next and blow things up. Occasionally Fives may get the taunt buff, so you can either try and give TL to dispell with Vader, or maybe call in a dispelling reinforcement instead of Poe. I usually try to kill weaker ships first and just use ultimate on Fives.

Once Anakin shows up, he might put you seemingly in a corner, but I can usually call the heal/offense up again right after that. I then make Anakin the primary target, and he goes down easily. This of course may all change now that his ship is farmable, but we also get Falcon tomorrow which will probably shake things up anyway.

When your ultimate comes up, it's pretty much over from there.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Hound's Tooth is probably the biggest problem out of all of those. I found this thread very helpful: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182870/hounds-tooth-is-overpowered/p1

I've had good results with Ahsoka, also against Umbaran. But if you mostly use dark side ships under Tarkin or Thrawn, you might find DarkHelmet's advice more helpful.
    It's actually pretty easy to kill the under powered hts if you do it right. Don't know about a maxed one, haven't seen one in my shard.

But basically, I run a tfp, vader, biggs starting line up under tarkin. My tfp usually goes first. Use a basic to get tl on ht. If it misses, you have vader up next to do his own tl. Then use tf's special and the ht has buff immunitu and no bonus protection. Then use your next couple of turns to kill it. Usually you can get it before it cleanses.

I also have fives as a reinforcement, his basic can dispel the bonus protection and effectively shoot through it if he still has tl. So if you don't get him all the way call fives in and finish the job.

Ht is a hard counter to geos but isn't invincible.

Hounds tooth ignored 4 straight ashoka dispels i stopped after that
  • Options
    If there is a breached ship, then HT always get back her taunt.
  • Options
    If Ahsoka's special hits (it usually does for me, probably because most HTs on my shard are piloted by low-star Bossks with gear 9 or worse), it does considerable damage too. Even if he quickly regains taunt, he doesn't live long when I hit him with Ahsoka, KRU and Boba.
  • Options
    I have a kracken who has this fleet and my pure Sith fleet does fine. I don’t even have the HT crutch on the bench for anything, I don’t need it.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    I feel for people who invested in that timeout fleet lolol genuinely lolol