Bottleneck complainers.

Everyone keeps complaining about stun guns because you have 50 characters that all need them. I ask you this, would you prefer that there were 2 different pieces that were needed? That 25 characters needed stun guns and 25 needed “gear X”. Both pieces are equally difficult to farm and will take the same amount of time to get. Would that be better? Now when you realize that this would not be better, you should also realize that you are not complaining about a bottleneck. You are actually just complaining that the game is too hard and leveling up takes too long.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Because when you have 2 pieces you need there would generally be an income of both. If you have 2 pieces that have the same income as the one we are replacing it allows us to gear "twice as fast".

Part of the problem with stun guns is that they are needed at consecutive levels and then again as part of a piece in the following level. This means you have an income that is only used on a single toon for an extended period of time.

If it was 2 then once you broke threw the first level the next level could be something you have been gaining from raids or other sources while farming stun guns.

The bottleneck is a pacing element that is placed there and I dont expect them to change it, but in theory if it were 2 peices it would help.
  • KLCS21 wrote: »
    Everyone keeps complaining about stun guns because you have 50 characters that all need them. I ask you this, would you prefer that there were 2 different pieces that were needed? That 25 characters needed stun guns and 25 needed “gear X”. Both pieces are equally difficult to farm and will take the same amount of time to get. Would that be better? Now when you realize that this would not be better, you should also realize that you are not complaining about a bottleneck. You are actually just complaining that the game is too hard and leveling up takes too long.

No, it would be easier if it was 2 different gear pieces. I'm not one of the ones who are complaining, but if you can't understand how needing 25 each of 2 different pieces is easier that 50 of the same piece then I don't know what to tell you.
  • See you have missed my point. The point was that both pieces would be equally difficult to acquire. So for example everytime you would have gotten stun guns from a raid, now 50% of the time you would get Gear X instead. Everytime Stun guns would be in a shop. 50% of the time that spot would now be Gear X. They would be equally difficult to obtain. So the amount of times to would get stun guns would be cut in half and replaced by this new gear. But less people would need each gear. Would that feel better?
    Kyno wrote: »
    Because when you have 2 pieces you need there would generally be an income of both. If you have 2 pieces that have the same income as the one we are replacing it allows us to gear "twice as fast".

Part of the problem with stun guns is that they are needed at consecutive levels and then again as part of a piece in the following level. This means you have an income that is only used on a single toon for an extended period of time.

If it was 2 then once you broke threw the first level the next level could be something you have been gaining from raids or other sources while farming stun guns.

The bottleneck is a pacing element that is placed there and I dont expect them to change it, but in theory if it were 2 peices it would help.