The Clock has become the real opponent.

Prev1
DarthWok
48 posts Member
edited January 2019
With all the new unique buffs and moves being given to characters nowerdays the timer has become the biggest threat..

this isnt a good thing. timeouts and draws are lame.. we need combat timers lengthened

Replies

• I really hate fleet right now. The Falcon better have an ignore taunt attack.
  • So true. I time out in arena way more then I ever lose. They need to make the time limit 10 minutes.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Remember the whole point of Ships 2.0 was to make fleets more faster and engaging?
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Yea my fleet battles went from less than a minute to almost the whole timer when they changed to 3v3
  • they release these new characters and ships but no thought is given to what it will do to battle length

Random CG Employee1"Hey what if we like, give every jedi a massive protection buff that cant be dispelled"
    Random CG Employee2 "Thats gold jerry! GOLD!"
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    what's a draw? what's a time-out for that matter?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Try adding in more offense. If you’re timing out constantly, you may be relying too much on just surviving until you can use your ultimate. Which, if you’re running Tarkin, doesn’t work against a live Bossk.
  • DarthWok wrote: »
    they release these new characters and ships but no thought is given to what it will do to battle length

Random CG Employee1"Hey what if we like, give every jedi a massive protection buff that cant be dispelled"
    Random CG Employee2 "Thats gold jerry! GOLD!"

I am not bent it of shape here even though all I fight is revan-jolee teams and hounds - but I have to LIKE that reference!
    I don’t want them to extend timers, hopefully some mechanics come in that do a little more damage...mines anyone?
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Add in Lando’s Millennium Falcon and a max Anakin and watch those ships go down
  • Assessthis wrote: »
    Yeah, i love having hound but with so many, I time out a lot and not much you can do about it.

There’s a lot you can do about it. Use Thrawn’s heal that gives all the buffs, then assist train with Geonosians.

Don’t have Geonosians? Work on your fleet.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Have never timed out in fleet or arena....having said that if it is an ongoing issue you may simply have to switch arena and fleet teams.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Kokie wrote: »
    Have never timed out in fleet or arena....having said that if it is an ongoing issue you may simply have to switch arena and fleet teams.
    Have you faced a Mace Windu fleet team in the top end of fleet arena yet?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Remember the whole point of Ships 2.0 was to make fleets more faster and engaging?

It was like that for a few months with Geonosians, but Hound's Tooth killed it. Everything about that ship is against their purpose for 2.0.
  • I've not timed out in months...years?

• Ultra wrote: »

Yea i have. Either i die or he dies within 3min.
  • Try a maxed Silencer with xanadu hound and thrawn lead... You are welcome
  • Which, if you’re running Tarkin, doesn’t work against a live Bossk.

?!?!?1

gs12 7* bosk 2 zetas with 7* ship on enemy fleet, if i pull my tarkin ultimate he's gone even with 1 or 2 other ships beside him ....
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Assessthis wrote: »
    Yeah, i love having hound but with so many, I time out a lot and not much you can do about it.

There’s a lot you can do about it. Use Thrawn’s heal that gives all the buffs, then assist train with Geonosians.

The geonosians are not a good counter to a maxed out hounds tooth.

The assists just pump up the protection.

To beat it you need buff immunity and buff removal to get past the taunt.
  • The geonosians are not a good counter to a maxed out hounds tooth?

****, the best way to kill a maxed HT are full maxed geonisians. Its so easy to beat HT with the geos.

• Lordwar83 wrote: »
    The geonosians are not a good counter to a maxed out hounds tooth?

****, the best way to kill a maxed HT are full maxed geonisians. Its so easy to beat HT with the geos.

Against weak HT fleets maybe. Against maxed out Mace fleets paired with Gauntlet and Fives ... good luck.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Lordwar83 wrote: »

Against weak HT fleets maybe. Against maxed out Mace fleets paired with Gauntlet and Fives ... good luck.
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Lordwar83 wrote: »

Thrawn with maxed silencer, HT and Vader. Bring in maxed phoenix ships, cassian and plo. Never had a problem, and my phoenix and cassian arent even maxed out.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Assessthis wrote: »

The geonosians are not a good counter to a maxed out hounds tooth.

The assists just pump up the protection.

To beat it you need buff immunity and buff removal to get past the taunt.

Ur geos clearly arent near max then
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Maxed geos with offense up need one turn to blow through maxed HT with defense down.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Yes a couple guys run that in my shard...not hard to beat with bh crew and a fast chimaera. I rarely face them though as they rarely break top 10
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Yes a couple guys run that in my shard...not hard to beat with bh crew and a fast chimaera. I rarely face them though as they rarely break top 10

That’s strange, I run mace and never fall past 5.
  • cannonfodder_iv
    992 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    dominiQC wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Maxed geos with offense up need one turn to blow through maxed HT with defense down.

Geos are too slow vs a Mace Timeout Fleet... And you need that offense up and defense down (which wont stick most of the time on HT)...

HTs tenacity boost is only present when he's NOT taunting (which is why it's sometimes a bummer to have the faster HT - if not yours gets breached).

Either way, I run three accounts that are all capable of getting first in fleet. One is Thrawn / HT / DV / ITF, one is Thrawn / HT / Soldier / Spy, the last is Tarkin / HT / DV / ITF. I don't remember timing out more than once or twice and I'm confident I really messed up either of those. There are different tactics for dealing with enemy HTs depending on what's in your fleet. The trick is generally coupling defense down / breach on HT with offense up (via Thrawn) or some other offensive benefit (Scimitar stealth for DV and/or Thrawn's basic with DV) and pretty much everything melts. The Mace turtle fleets can take upwards of three or sometimes four minutes, but the fight is rarely in question because they have absolutely zero offense.

Edit: HT's tenacity boost is when he's NOT taunting..and Thrawn's basic...not enough coffee this AM.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    dominiQC wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Geos are too slow vs a Mace Timeout Fleet... And you need that offense up and defense down (which wont stick most of the time on HT)...

Might be right, I'm lucky that there's no Mace on my shard...yet.

But the defense down sticks most of the time. HT is usually taunting before my first turn with either Thrawn or the geos, so no tenacity boost.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • A properly designed mace fleet has enough offense to beat a tarkin or thrawn fleet on offense in 3 minutes. I do it all the time. The issue is the AI doesnt know how to properly manage the fleet on defense.