Guard for CLS or 3PO

I am running a CLS arena team with chewie, han, C3PO and r2d2.

All are G12 with the exception of C3PO (g11 5*).

Should I be modding so that CLS or C3PO gets guard? Both pretty even with speed but CLS will get more assistance with his call to action.

Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    I also note that when against revan teams the computer tends to focus on C3PO, having guard helps it survive.
  • Options
    CLS seems to be the one with Guard that I see most often, and that I use myself. As you suggested, using Call to Action for back-to-back turns gets a lot more assists out of your Chewbacca.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I'd guard CLS. C3 'should' be stealth-ed, leaving CLS open to things like stuns and crits
  • Options
    I run a top tier Chew Crew. Here is what I have learned through trial and error...

Without any mods, but fully g12+:
    Cls has a base speed of 164, while 3po has a base speed of 144

You will get more bang for your buck (Chewy assists) if you Mod cls the fastest.

Secondly, mod Chewy with the best cc/cd mods you own (offense primaries and cd triangle) that have secondaries of cc and offense.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Options
    I run a top tier Chew Crew. Here is what I have learned through trial and error...

Without any mods, but fully g12+:
    Cls has a base speed of 164, while 3po has a base speed of 144

You will get more bang for your buck (Chewy assists) if you Mod cls the fastest.

Secondly, mod Chewy with the best cc/cd mods you own (offense primaries and cd triangle) that have secondaries of cc and offense.

3PO has 20 bonus speed, so that's a bit of a non-factor. However, 3PO has a lot more base health and prot than CLS does (Almost 90k combined vs 60k), and doesn't get the bonus turn CLS does. So it'll be difficult to get CLS higher than 3PO in health+prot and you get more bang for you buck with CLS. CLS is the obvious choice.
  • Options
    I only have 3PO 5* so easy enough to get CLS to higher health/protection.

Weird thing is I can't manage to beat a top tier revan team with guard on CLS but I can with guard on 3PO.

Thanks for the mod reccomends
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    If you can beat a top tier Revan team then you already have your answer.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    EvoSteveo wrote: »

Weird thing is I can't manage to beat a top tier revan team with guard on CLS but I can with guard on 3PO.

I’ve noticed reven squads seem to target c3po first with mark. Also cls starts without his buff which gives crit avoidance, def and high tenacity anyway. Which means c3po isn’t gonna get stopped from using group attack by being killed or stunned from first turn which could be making it easier.

Obviously for any other matchup cls being guarded is much better for damage potential.
  • Options

What gear level is your Threepio at @EvoSteveo ? My Threepio is also just 5 stars, but at G11, he's still way above my G12+3 CLS in H&P. At G10 it was a different story.

• TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Charlo999 wrote: »

I’ve noticed reven squads seem to target c3po first with mark. Also cls starts without his buff which gives crit avoidance, def and high tenacity anyway. Which means c3po isn’t gonna get stopped from using group attack by being killed or stunned from first turn which could be making it easier.

Obviously for any other matchup cls being guarded is much better for damage potential.

I'm setup to prevent any mark from happening, but when it does I have notice no pattern. C3, CLS, Han, Chew, Thrawn....pretty much equal chance of each.
  • Options
    for my experience if revan mark my 3po or cls is easy win, when he mark han i usually win, when mark chube or thrawn is difficoult to win...but i've g12 3po and guard on cls. Against me revan doesn't have a favorite target
  • Options

What gear level is your Threepio at @EvoSteveo ? My Threepio is also just 5 stars, but at G11, he's still way above my G12+3 CLS in H&P. At G10 it was a different story.

Gear 11 however I do have all of Luke's gear 12 pieces adding to his health pool
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    Options
    For all the reasons said above, guard for CLS all the way. As I was gearing 3PO for this squad he had guard. I was usually around 150-100 in arena. Once I got 3PO geared and CLS too guard, I can routinely get above 100, sometimes top 50.
  • Options
    Through screwing around for hours with mods it's much better that I have guard on CLS, otherwise I'll be comprised with speed.

What kill order do you recommend against revan?
  • Options

Han’s opening salvo goes to gmYoda, to stun and almost kill him.
    If GK is present, I use cls’ Use The Force on him, to remove tm and put Buff Immunity on him. Then I beat on Jolee.
    If GK is not there, I go straight to beating on Jolee.
    Then I use chewy’s Pulverize to kill gmYoda a first time, and remove as many buffs from them all as I can.
    *Note: if I use 3po’s special while gmYoda is alive, gmYoda gets stealth, and that rarely ends well. Same outcome with Han’s Never Tell Me The Odds. Assuming buff immunity landed on GK, I use 3p’s basic on him to remove tm.
    Depending on where everyone’s tm is, I’ll beat on Jolee some more, or kill gmYoda a second time. Ideal is Jolee, but each battle is different. I want to kill gmYoda when Jolee has under 50% tm. More likely I can follow up with stunning or killing Jolee.
    When Jolee and gmYoda are gone, it’s a sweep. I like to kill GK next, but I don’t think it much matters.
  • Options

Han’s opening salvo goes to gmYoda, to stun and almost kill him.
    If GK is present, I use cls’ Use The Force on him, to remove tm and put Buff Immunity on him. Then I beat on Jolee.
    If GK is not there, I go straight to beating on Jolee.
    Then I use chewy’s Pulverize to kill gmYoda a first time, and remove as many buffs from them all as I can.
    *Note: if I use 3po’s special while gmYoda is alive, gmYoda gets stealth, and that rarely ends well. Same outcome with Han’s Never Tell Me The Odds. Assuming buff immunity landed on GK, I use 3p’s basic on him to remove tm.
    Depending on where everyone’s tm is, I’ll beat on Jolee some more, or kill gmYoda a second time. Ideal is Jolee, but each battle is different. I want to kill gmYoda when Jolee has under 50% tm. More likely I can follow up with stunning or killing Jolee.
    When Jolee and gmYoda are gone, it’s a sweep. I like to kill GK next, but I don’t think it much matters.

What are your and enemy revans' speeds? I see a different strategy than the usual 'hit jolee for resists' and I wonder do you allow revan to focus some1 on your team? Who is your 5th character?
    I'm asking because I face revans in top10 modded for +150-155 speed and adding the 45 speed bonus from their leadership it would be nigh impossible for me to avoid getting focused if I attack some1 else and don't get resists on jolee.
  • Options
    kieltrx wrote: »

What are your and enemy revans' speeds? I see a different strategy than the usual 'hit jolee for resists' and I wonder do you allow revan to focus some1 on your team? Who is your 5th character?
    I'm asking because I face revans in top10 modded for +150-155 speed and adding the 45 speed bonus from their leadership it would be nigh impossible for me to avoid getting focused if I attack some1 else and don't get resists on jolee.

First, the Revans I’m talking about are top tier, +159 speed is the one I beat to nab 1st place tonight.
    I only included my strategy, not a play-by-play. Yes, Revan tags one of my toons with Focus. It varies every match. If he tags chewy, it never ends well. They do get many turns but usually my toons survive it.
    Here are my toons and their speeds:
    Cls 307(143), 3po 268(124), Thrawn 290(134), Han 232(84), Chewy 195(46)
    I have Chewy modded for damage: 5277 offense, 50.21%cc and 180%cd
  • Options
    Thrawn is there for the debuffing/tm/Protection gain. Depending how the match is going determines if and who I fracture. If GK didn’t get buff immunity, or has high tm, I fracture him. Otherwise it’s usually Revan. Once in a while gmYoda will be high on protection and health, so I fracture him.
  • Options
    I will try to remember to record a vid tomorrow.
  • Options
    I see I use same comp then, but I try to avoid getting focused, so I get resists on jolee to get the tm train going and have cls attack before revan. I usually trigger saviour on gk as he doesn't get crit immunity from his unique during his first 'life'. Thanks for info.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

First, the Revans I’m talking about are top tier, +159 speed is the one I beat to nab 1st place tonight.
    I only included my strategy, not a play-by-play. Yes, Revan tags one of my toons with Focus. It varies every match. If he tags chewy, it never ends well. They do get many turns but usually my toons survive it.

I also run CLS at 307 but Han at 272 and C3PO at 277 (effective 297). The fastest Revan on my shard is 325 (although granted they run Hoda instead of Bastila and lose 5 bonus speed) and when Han hits Jolee it grants everyone other than Thrawn +15% TM, which makes CLS go before Revan. He gets buff immunity on GK (usually), Han removes TM from Revan (usually), and Thrawn (only 279 speed) now goes before Revan and fractures him.

No one gets marked. A lot easier to win that way. Always stun Jolee to start IMO.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I also run CLS at 307 but Han at 272 and C3PO at 277 (effective 297). The fastest Revan on my shard is 325 (although granted they run Hoda instead of Bastila and lose 5 bonus speed) and when Han hits Jolee it grants everyone other than Thrawn +15% TM, which makes CLS go before Revan. He gets buff immunity on GK (usually), Han removes TM from Revan (usually), and Thrawn (only 279 speed) now goes before Revan and fractures him.

No one gets marked. A lot easier to win that way. Always stun Jolee to start IMO.

I usually only win against Revan maybe 30-40% of the time, but hitting Jolee first is usually the best strategy, as described here. Have you tried running R2 instead of Thrawn? I'm a little torn on which is a better option.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Yes I tried R2 and I'm probably 90% against Revan with Thrawn, much less successful with R2. Usually I only lose if GK resists BI (15% chance) or Revan resists TMR (15% chance two times). And even then I can probably win 50% of the time, it depends on who gets marked. But the ability to fracture Revan before he can take a turn (or fracture GMY if he gets mark off) is way more valuable than R2's stat boosts and smokescreen IMO.
  • Options
    I will try to remember to record a vid tomorrow.

How about a 323 speed Revan? 😁
    https://youtu.be/G8WpN4nvxLg
  • Options
    It’s very cool we have different strategies for beating Revan. I use my strategy because it utilizes the mods I have. If I had more and better speed mods I’d use them lol.
    But I get a sense of pride knowing they can Mark one of my toons and I just shrug it off 🤣
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @PepsiAddict. And nice work dismantling that Revan team. I just swapped R2 for Thrawn to try it out myself.
  • Options
    I got 3-PO up to G12, and it made him strong enough that Guard now applies to my CLS. I noticed a HUGE difference in damage output. CLS takes more turns, because his base speed is higher, and Call to Assist is functionally no different than taking an extra turn. I'm typically top 20 on my shard in the morning and fall to about top 50 at night.
  • kieltrx
    129 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    The downfall of the yoda tactics is the focus of revan at the beginning of the encounter. If he targets chewie or thrawn it's over. The rng influence on the battle is too high at this point.