First of all, can we do something about this EXCESSIVE gear sis!?

BlackSpadezNoJok
6 posts Member
edited January 2019
If you have been playing as long as I am... you maybe experincing an excessive amount of gear. Not the one that are rare and most of the characters require, but the ones that not a lot of characters require and you get bunches of them daily! CG... if you want to make any “improvements” start there or any other area in the game that is already created, doing fairly well, but could use so improvements! Just saying sis! I mean, I really would like some way to use all of it! PERIOD!!!

Let’s promote FREE-TO-PLAY #FreeToPlayMatters
Post edited by BlackSpadezNoJok on

Replies

• I mean I would really like to see us turn those gear (that we don’t need) into actual gear that we do need like a “Trading” situation....just an idea **shrugs**
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Excessive gear is good because you will never run out of them. I don't understand why having a lot of something is bad now
  • 5k+ of gear that never gets used like alot of the challenge gear i would love to convert into carbanti, stun guns, stun cuffs, gold eye balls ect
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Excessive gear is good because you will never run out of them. I don't understand why having a lot of something is bad now

It’s bad when you are trying to farm characters using gear that is less available/most characters need a select few of gear and you have tons of gear that is not being used my any/a smaller amount of characters. When you do the math, that gear that is in ABUNDANCE will only then get larger and larger and you will always be in need of other gear for other characters. I hope I am making since. **shrugs**
  • The gear is in excess after a certain point, yes, however, it is immaterial, I would recommend you not sweat it.
  • and that’s the tea sis!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I'm 90% sure none of the responses so far came from a sis.
  • would be nice if we could convert say 20 IV stun guns into 1 V stun gun , i have thousands of low level gear doing nothing cause i dont need them but rarely get what i actually need. would be nice if they made trading in your guild allowed instead of just hey you can request only 2 every 24 hours or if they dont want to open trading up between guild members how about opening a forge that allows us to take gear we dont need and upgrade it to the next level that we might

• Maybe we should be able to sell it for credits or Shop Currency.

When they announced mod slicing I was hoping that some of this unused gear would be used. It looks like I was hoping for too much.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    Maybe we should be able to sell it for credits or Shop Currency.

When they announced mod slicing I was hoping that some of this unused gear would be used. It looks like I was hoping for too much.

We used to be able to, but people sold the wrong things and would ask for compensation.

The exchange rates were not good too.

The dev team have stated they are also wary of doing so, because they dont want people to sell stuff they will need, even the gear we have 1000s of is used, just not equal to the income rate. In theory you could sell it and then need it and have to farm it or wait for a short period of time. Minor issue, but could happen.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

It’s bad when you are trying to farm characters using gear that is less available/most characters need a select few of gear and you have tons of gear that is not being used my any/a smaller amount of characters. When you do the math, that gear that is in ABUNDANCE will only then get larger and larger and you will always be in need of other gear for other characters. I hope I am making since. **shrugs**

There is nothing wrong with having an excess of something. You think it would be better to trade that for something you need, which is understandable, but unlikely to happen. The excess in itself isn’t a problem. All else being equal, it’s better to have more of a thing than not. It’s one less thing that you might ever have to worry about.

It’s just like how they got rid of the sim ticket problem and now there are people complaining that they don’t have anything to do with the extra sim tickets. It’s just another thing that’s never going to be a bottleneck again.
  • Liath wrote: »

There is nothing wrong with having an excess of something. You think it would be better to trade that for something you need, which is understandable, but unlikely to happen. The excess in itself isn’t a problem. All else being equal, it’s better to have more of a thing than not. It’s one less thing that you might ever have to worry about.

It’s just like how they got rid of the sim ticket problem and now there are people complaining that they don’t have anything to do with the extra sim tickets. It’s just another thing that’s never going to be a bottleneck again.

Sounds like a kind of hoarding... but I get what you are saying.
  • Liath wrote: »

I guess it’s just a coinsidence that “rare” gear is being promoted to be bought... I guess you know if you want to get “rare” gear you should just buy it and be a more of “whale”(those that spend <$1000’s).

I would just like to think that CG would be just as involved in enhancing a Free-to-play experience just as much of a Buy-to-play experience in SWGOH. Idk **shrugs**

• ZoeyMara wrote: »
    would be nice if we could convert say 20 IV stun guns into 1 V stun gun , i have thousands of low level gear doing nothing cause i dont need them but rarely get what i actually need. would be nice if they made trading in your guild allowed instead of just hey you can request only 2 every 24 hours or if they dont want to open trading up between guild members how about opening a forge that allows us to take gear we dont need and upgrade it to the next level that we might

ABSOLUTELY!!!! Or/and add rare or MORE valuable gear to the daily challenges reward! Literally only two of the daily rewards are helpful and even then you get more useless gear!

I just don’t see much point of including that much gear in the daily rewards if you aren’t really going to use them for important characters that are trying to be farmed/meta.

I am aware that that rare gear or MORE valuable gear is now being promoted in the shops to purchase for buy-to-play characters, however, this is an area that can be MODIFIED to make a better Free-to-play experience
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Liath wrote: »

I guess it’s just a coinsidence that “rare” gear is being promoted to be bought... I guess you know if you want to get “rare” gear you should just buy it and be a more of “whale”(those that spend <$1000’s).

I would just like to think that CG would be just as involved in enhancing a Free-to-play experience just as much of a Buy-to-play experience in SWGOH. Idk **shrugs**

Why would you have to spend money to buy rare gear? Manage your crystals and pick them up for free. That's what many of us do.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Sounds like a kind of hoarding... but I get what you are saying.

Aside from the fact that it takes up no space.... sure.

Of course the rare gear is being sold (though I see stuff I have tons of being sold too and wonder if anybody actually buys it). The game has to make money and to do so it has to have bottlenecks. But whether you have 100 excess mk4 stun guns or 5000 excess mk4 stun guns is irrelevant to the bottleneck on mk5 stun guns. The two things just aren’t related.