What Am I Doing Wrong...

...And how do I improve. I get that fleet battles can be weird and tough, but I cannot get past fleet hard mode 4d, the Sion node. I see a lot of people using Ackbar instead of Mace for their fleet, is he generally better? Not sure what the key to fleet battles is, I have very strong Galactic republic ships and thought they would be fine.

Replies

  • Mace is considered to be the worst of the 4 fleet commanders, but it depends on your line up. I think ackbar would be a bit more survivable.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Mace is considered to be the worst of the 4 fleet commanders, but it depends on your line up. I think ackbar would be a bit more survivable.

    The worst..... ummm.... try the best. Have you seen who the top players are running. Either Mace or Tarkin. Ackbar is considered early game. Ok at the start but not good once you have an established roster.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Mace is considered to be the worst of the 4 fleet commanders, but it depends on your line up. I think ackbar would be a bit more survivable.

    The worst..... ummm.... try the best. Have you seen who the top players are running. Either Mace or Tarkin. Ackbar is considered early game. Ok at the start but not good once you have an established roster.

    "But it depends on your line up"
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Mace is considered to be the worst of the 4 fleet commanders, but it depends on your line up. I think ackbar would be a bit more survivable.

    The worst..... ummm.... try the best. Have you seen who the top players are running. Either Mace or Tarkin. Ackbar is considered early game. Ok at the start but not good once you have an established roster.

    I'm pretty sure that until Anakin's ship came out, Mace's ship was considered the worst. But as I stated, everything depends on your line up and which ships you use. The Geo's with Ackbar, Tarkin and Thrawn are a bit more universal, and Mace is mostly used with Galactic Republic including Anakin's ship to give everyone that offensive boost.
  • FREEDOMfrom
    465 posts Member
    edited January 8
    I beat the Sion node 3 stars with Chimera, Biggs, Vader, and either Kylo's tie silencer or Houndstooth or something like that. With phantom and ghost off the bench.

    But the next node with Jolee, I can't even 1 star with that same team.

    Also I don't know what shards you guys are in but mine has 1 Mace fleet in the top 50 and its not in the top 35.
    Post edited by FREEDOMfrom on
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Mace is considered to be the worst of the 4 fleet commanders, but it depends on your line up. I think ackbar would be a bit more survivable.

    The worst..... ummm.... try the best. Have you seen who the top players are running. Either Mace or Tarkin. Ackbar is considered early game. Ok at the start but not good once you have an established roster.

    I'm pretty sure that until Anakin's ship came out, Mace's ship was considered the worst. But as I stated, everything depends on your line up and which ships you use. The Geo's with Ackbar, Tarkin and Thrawn are a bit more universal, and Mace is mostly used with Galactic Republic including Anakin's ship to give everyone that offensive boost.

    Sure, that's why I've used mace on my day 1 ship shard to take 1st for the last 1.5 years. It truly depends on what ships and pilots are geared. I ran over thrawn meta fleets back in ships 1.0, and destroyed the new geo meta, and the ht/XB meta now.
  • Kokie
    843 posts Member
    Mace is the worst of the four with thrawn the lead dog. Ackbar does great if u play him right. I used him for a long time and still do for certain lineups. If u dont have thrawn I would use ackbar or tarkin
  • TVF
    11999 posts Member
    I like when people make sweeping generalizations about ships and I look at my shard and think "huh, that doesn't fit mine at all."
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dblade21 wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Mace is considered to be the worst of the 4 fleet commanders, but it depends on your line up. I think ackbar would be a bit more survivable.

    The worst..... ummm.... try the best. Have you seen who the top players are running. Either Mace or Tarkin. Ackbar is considered early game. Ok at the start but not good once you have an established roster.

    I'm pretty sure that until Anakin's ship came out, Mace's ship was considered the worst. But as I stated, everything depends on your line up and which ships you use. The Geo's with Ackbar, Tarkin and Thrawn are a bit more universal, and Mace is mostly used with Galactic Republic including Anakin's ship to give everyone that offensive boost.

    Sure, that's why I've used mace on my day 1 ship shard to take 1st for the last 1.5 years. It truly depends on what ships and pilots are geared. I ran over thrawn meta fleets back in ships 1.0, and destroyed the new geo meta, and the ht/XB meta now.

    I mean, Mace was the best in Ships 1.0 imo, because he was ridiculously fast and could make all of your ships immortal for a turn.

    And it sounds like you have a somewhat dead shard, because in my shard there are no mace commanders in the top 50, even though think that Anakin really is what gives him the leading edge know, because it basically gives a permanent offense up.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Dblade21 wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Mace is considered to be the worst of the 4 fleet commanders, but it depends on your line up. I think ackbar would be a bit more survivable.

    The worst..... ummm.... try the best. Have you seen who the top players are running. Either Mace or Tarkin. Ackbar is considered early game. Ok at the start but not good once you have an established roster.

    I'm pretty sure that until Anakin's ship came out, Mace's ship was considered the worst. But as I stated, everything depends on your line up and which ships you use. The Geo's with Ackbar, Tarkin and Thrawn are a bit more universal, and Mace is mostly used with Galactic Republic including Anakin's ship to give everyone that offensive boost.

    Sure, that's why I've used mace on my day 1 ship shard to take 1st for the last 1.5 years. It truly depends on what ships and pilots are geared. I ran over thrawn meta fleets back in ships 1.0, and destroyed the new geo meta, and the ht/XB meta now.

    I mean, Mace was the best in Ships 1.0 imo, because he was ridiculously fast and could make all of your ships immortal for a turn.

    And it sounds like you have a somewhat dead shard, because in my shard there are no mace commanders in the top 50, even though think that Anakin really is what gives him the leading edge know, because it basically gives a permanent offense up.

    My shard is very active, with members of TI, MC, DL, Fury, and other top guilds, with an average GP of 4.5m. Just because they arent on your shard doesnt mean my shard is dead. Grow up, and accept that there are other fleets besides the meta fleet to run. Ahnold and others were running the same fleet I am, along with about a 1/3 of our top 50.
  • TVF
    11999 posts Member
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Dblade21 wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Mace is considered to be the worst of the 4 fleet commanders, but it depends on your line up. I think ackbar would be a bit more survivable.

    The worst..... ummm.... try the best. Have you seen who the top players are running. Either Mace or Tarkin. Ackbar is considered early game. Ok at the start but not good once you have an established roster.

    I'm pretty sure that until Anakin's ship came out, Mace's ship was considered the worst. But as I stated, everything depends on your line up and which ships you use. The Geo's with Ackbar, Tarkin and Thrawn are a bit more universal, and Mace is mostly used with Galactic Republic including Anakin's ship to give everyone that offensive boost.

    Sure, that's why I've used mace on my day 1 ship shard to take 1st for the last 1.5 years. It truly depends on what ships and pilots are geared. I ran over thrawn meta fleets back in ships 1.0, and destroyed the new geo meta, and the ht/XB meta now.

    I mean, Mace was the best in Ships 1.0 imo, because he was ridiculously fast and could make all of your ships immortal for a turn.

    And it sounds like you have a somewhat dead shard, because in my shard there are no mace commanders in the top 50, even though think that Anakin really is what gives him the leading edge know, because it basically gives a permanent offense up.

    That's funny I never saw a single Mace in my Top 50 in Ships 1.0.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @TVF in ships 1.0 I was the only one on my shard for the longest time. But I stuck with it and was rewarded. Thrawn is the easiest to run, but definitely not the only ship to run. I took my time gearing up my thrawn, and had no problems climbing every day
  • My shard has all 4 capitals in top 20. I must be lucky in having such a diverse group.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • There is a relatively new line up using HT with Mace that is top 10 competitive on old shards.
    HT, Xanadu Blood, Fives, Gauntlet Starfighter. Don't know the reinforcements. 1/2 of my top 10 are those combos and I'm on a 2015-2016 server.
  • My shard has zero Mace's doing well. I used him early on because of how easy it was to bring the toon up early game, but find the Executrix does better, in general for me. But, as everyone says, it depends a lot on your line up. Dude doesn't have to get so agro about knowing better than anyone else just because he does well with Mace, though. Read any thread, it IS generally accepted Mace is not a great capital. It's commendable Dblade is successful with him, but as his ego doesn't seem to need any inflating, don't let that go to anyone's head, please.

    BUT, what's really sad here, is one ego-ridden dude has sidetracked the entire thread now. So back to OP, as someone from the community came here asking for help, not to read two players arguing about Mace, @dangemonkey77, it would help if you posted your roster if you're looking for specific help. Or at least mentioning who you tend to be running now and how things have been going for you, rather than just saying you need help and leaving it at that.
  • Dude, the meta is changing
    9jav3b9sp6sz.png
    dtixqhlio898.png

  • enlguy wrote: »
    My shard has zero Mace's doing well. I used him early on because of how easy it was to bring the toon up early game, but find the Executrix does better, in general for me. But, as everyone says, it depends a lot on your line up. Dude doesn't have to get so agro about knowing better than anyone else just because he does well with Mace, though. Read any thread, it IS generally accepted Mace is not a great capital. It's commendable Dblade is successful with him, but as his ego doesn't seem to need any inflating, don't let that go to anyone's head, please.

    BUT, what's really sad here, is one ego-ridden dude has sidetracked the entire thread now. So back to OP, as someone from the community came here asking for help, not to read two players arguing about Mace, @dangemonkey77, it would help if you posted your roster if you're looking for specific help. Or at least mentioning who you tend to be running now and how things have been going for you, rather than just saying you need help and leaving it at that.

    Hi, you are correct, I was in a seminar when I originally typed this out and forgot to post my roster.

    Mace Captial= 6 star, 28830 power
    Fives Umbaran= 7 star, 39987 power
    Clones Arc170= 7 star, 39383 power
    Rex Arc170= 6 star, 36364 power

    reinforcements are as follows
    PloKoonShip= 7 star, 33874 power
    JediConsualr Ship= 7 star, 30366 power
    Anakin ETA fighter= 3 star, 30201 power

    If there are ships in that lineup that need replacing or are now as useful as I think they might be, please do let me know. If you require more information I will provide, thank you.
  • Do you have your TFP at any decent level? Thrawn usually uses his AOE off the bat, so if you can use TFP special before that you can give your capital a big TM boost and get your reinforcements out earlier, giving you that edge you’ll need. In addition, you need a tank. I recommend HT or Biggs in your starting lineup (whichever is tankier for you), and save your clone trooper ship for reinforcements (so it can taunt). I’d probably have a starting lineup of:
    Biggs
    Fives
    TFP or Anakin’s Fighter
    Reinforce Vader’s tie, then Plo Koon as necessary for the heal.
    Make sure you go first, apply target lock to give Biggs the taunt before the enemy ties can hit your squishies. Spread target lock to everyone, then as it expires Vader will reapply it and heal Biggs. Kill enemy Vader first, then slave 1 before it uses its aoe special. First move for mace should be to give everyone valor, then as you spam larger lock you can also spam valor and keep using his ultimate.
  • VonZant
    3184 posts Member
    enlguy wrote: »
    My shard has zero Mace's doing well. I used him early on because of how easy it was to bring the toon up early game, but find the Executrix does better, in general for me. But, as everyone says, it depends a lot on your line up. Dude doesn't have to get so agro about knowing better than anyone else just because he does well with Mace, though. Read any thread, it IS generally accepted Mace is not a great capital. It's commendable Dblade is successful with him, but as his ego doesn't seem to need any inflating, don't let that go to anyone's head, please.

    BUT, what's really sad here, is one ego-ridden dude has sidetracked the entire thread now. So back to OP, as someone from the community came here asking for help, not to read two players arguing about Mace, @dangemonkey77, it would help if you posted your roster if you're looking for specific help. Or at least mentioning who you tend to be running now and how things have been going for you, rather than just saying you need help and leaving it at that.

    Hi, you are correct, I was in a seminar when I originally typed this out and forgot to post my roster.

    Mace Captial= 6 star, 28830 power
    Fives Umbaran= 7 star, 39987 power
    Clones Arc170= 7 star, 39383 power
    Rex Arc170= 6 star, 36364 power

    reinforcements are as follows
    PloKoonShip= 7 star, 33874 power
    JediConsualr Ship= 7 star, 30366 power
    Anakin ETA fighter= 3 star, 30201 power

    If there are ships in that lineup that need replacing or are now as useful as I think they might be, please do let me know. If you require more information I will provide, thank you.

    Idont have the game open but I thought Clone Sarge taunt only works as a reinforce? If thats the case you need to swap him for someone else on the bench.

    Based on the current meta - which will likely change with the new **** release - if you stick with those ships plus Hounds Tooth, you will have a good fleet. Just always be aware the meta will likely change.
Sign In or Register to comment.