kit problems

so i have few problems with yodas and bastilla kit...
yoda "masterstroke" says after that special yoda will take immediate turn... except that he doesnt... so many times he get 100 tm but enemy takes few turns sometimes even!! Why would it says immediate turn when it doesnt?
Bastilla "rally" says this: Bastilla gives all that stats and calls that ally to ASSIST. so if she calls yoda lets say to assist, why Bastilla doesnt attack??? if yoda is assisting her... why is that misleading...
next han solos description:Daring attacker that stacks criticals in his favor and ALWAYS SHOOTS FIRST... EXCEPT THAT HE ISNT SOMETIMES!!! AGAIN!!! SHOCKER!!! so imagine new player who is reading all this, and gets dissapointed when he realized its not working... please cg FIX THIS pls....

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    A character doesn’t attack on his turn unless it says he does. The assist is to the ability, it doesn’t assume the character attacks. Same for Jolee, Hermit Yoda, and more.

Gaining a bonus turn means getting to 100% TM. If there are multiple characters at 100% TM it’s a coin flip which goes first.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    yoda "masterstroke" says after that special yoda will take immediate turn... except that he doesnt... so many times he get 100 tm but enemy takes few turns sometimes even!! Why would it says immediate turn when it doesnt?
    Bastilla "rally" says this: Bastilla gives all that stats and calls that ally to ASSIST. so if she calls yoda lets say to assist, why Bastilla doesnt attack??? if yoda is assisting her... why is that misleading...
    next han solos description:Daring attacker that stacks criticals in his favor and ALWAYS SHOOTS FIRST... EXCEPT THAT HE ISNT SOMETIMES!!! AGAIN!!! SHOCKER!!! so imagine new player who is reading all this, and gets dissapointed when he realized its not working... please cg FIX THIS pls....
    Yoda should take a turn immediately. Never seen him not take a turn when playing him or going against him. I'd suggest taking a video and posting in bug reports so that they can fix this bug

2. Its not misleading. Bastilla's kit says that target ally will assist. Biggs and Ezra's kit specifically says that they will deal damage and call an ally to assist.

3. Like Grandmaster Yoda, Han ALWAYS ALWAYS shoots first, the only time he doesn't shoot first is in events such as Smuggler's Run and that is by design. If you have an instance where he doesnt, record it and submit it to bug reports so that they can fix it.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Liath wrote: »
    Gaining a bonus turn means getting to 100% TM. If there are multiple characters at 100% TM it’s a coin flip which goes first.
    Actually, no. Bonus turn means its not going to be a coin flip.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Agreed with Ultra, never seen Yoda fail to take the bonus turn before.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra wrote: »

It does though - I can't count the number of times I've had Aurra use her 1st ability "....she takes a bonus turn" and have Bossk cut in front for some reason.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • My GMY doesn't always go right afterwards, I didn't know if it was counters or them taking 1 turn or what but my GMY will be the first person on my team to go right after.

I figured it was fine though.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    You may want to rethink that whatever you are doing may possibly be providing the other team TM prior to you gaining TM. I am pretty sure all turns are based on order of operation and less on coin flip.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I remember reading that the term bonus turn means its not going to be RNG between 100% TM and the person with bonus turn will be the one to take an immediate turn.

I would submit a bug report for Aurra Sing. GMY needs an omega for the bonus turn,
    Grand Master Yoda gains an immediate bonus turn as long as there is one other living Jedi ally

Was there a Jedi Ally active when GMY failed to take a bonus turn?
  • If Yoda hits a unit that can counter attack and that unit can also remove tm (raid Han) it might stop him from going directly after as he no longer has 100% tm. Same thing happens if raid Han targets the other raid Han. Their bonus turn at the start is delayed from the tm removal.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

3. Like Grandmaster Yoda, Han ALWAYS ALWAYS shoots first, the only time he doesn't shoot first is in events such as Smuggler's Run and that is by design. If you have an instance where he doesnt, record it and submit it to bug reports so that they can fix it.

Bonus turn is the same language in Han’d ability, and this is definitely false. Use zFinn (and I’m talking old school resistance not C3PO) in GW and you can have your whole team go before he does due to already having 100% TM going into the battle.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Same language, but is it coded the same?

CG is consistent in their inconsistency.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

I had a situation on Rebel Roundup where Embo ended the round with a kill shot, got full turn meter due to payout, and then attacked before RHan in the next round. Probably was a coin flip, but was interesting to see.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator

Bonus turn is the same language in Han’d ability, and this is definitely false. Use zFinn (and I’m talking old school resistance not C3PO) in GW and you can have your whole team go before he does due to already having 100% TM going into the battle.
    Han is pretty outdated.

It was after the GMY rework that they said Bonus turn is different than 100% TM and even changed Boba Fett's PO to give him a bonus turn instead of 100% TM while Darth Vader's text is still 100% TM (open to coin flip). The "immediate turn" rule no longer applies and it becomes "100% TM" if you go between battles or phase (Clear Phase 1 with masterstroke and go to Phase 2 for example or one GW match to another)

I do think Han's description or ability mechanic needs to be changed to better reflect this
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I'll try to look for the bonus turn definition by CG but god is the search function a mess and sometimes they explain these things in reddit

Its such a mess
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Bonus turn is still 100%tm.

"Aurra Sing gains Critical Chance Up and Offense Up for 3 turns and deals +35% more damage with her next ability. If Aurra Sing was already Stealthed, she takes a bonus turn"

Recover
    Context #6
    generic_instant_turn_CE
    For Self who is Alive

 This effect will EXECUTE if the context #0 query returned CONTEXT_VALUE > 0

Recover 100% Turn Meter

Yoda's Masterstroke has the same generic_instant_turn_CE effect.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
    Yoda should take a turn immediately. Never seen him not take a turn when playing him or going against him. I'd suggest taking a video and posting in bug reports so that they can fix this bug

2. Its not misleading. Bastilla's kit says that target ally will assist. Biggs and Ezra's kit specifically says that they will deal damage and call an ally to assist.

go check cubsfanhan latest video on tournament, and you will see sion vs yoda, watch carefully and you will see that yoda doesnt take turn. for bastila i dont know what is she doing than if yoda is assisting her?
    for raid han, you can see many times that he doesnt go first. in r2 mythic, in sith raid lightsaber goes first etc...
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    I looked at cubsfan video. Again, Yoda only takes bonus turn if there is one OTHER Jedi ally that is active.

Bonus turn IS 100% TM but its "gain 100% TM and go immediately without a coinflip"

You can prevent someone to go immediately if you reduce TM such as using Raid Han's basic and attempting to kill a Jedi under Revan lead and triggering savior

Not much for me to say here until I can find a comment from the dev or a dev can chime in so I'm going to stop repeating myself, but I remember reading a dev saying that a bonus turn means no coinflips are involved and I haven't run into a coin flip scenario when using bonus turn moves with other toons at 100% TM

EDIT: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/183352/gaining-taking-a-turn-vs-gaining-100-turn-meter

I can't find a single dev comment on this subject so my memory is wrong here but I think this debate does a good job of distinguishing the difference on it

I AM DEFINITELY WRONG on the definition of bonus turn so far
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there an update recently regarding Thrawn's swap turn ability? There was a bug where the target was not going immediately, correct? I tried searching (albeit only 5 minutes) for an answer but I couldn't find one.
    The intended purpose is for the target to go immediately once the swap is applied, right? I've noticed that recently there seems to be a coin flip thing going on again. Where my target is not going immediately once the ability is used.