Here are a few items that have been consistently brought up in discussions with fellow players:
1) Rule #1 for any game mode or new content should be - let players use the teams they have invested so much in. Almost any concept in which players can’t use toons they’ve spent time and/or money on is just a bad idea.
2) Before trying to introduce new modes or mess with existing modes; fix what’s broken. TW could be fun, GA could be amazing, but until matchmaking is addressed, they’re wasted potential. GP should be well down the list of factors. The playerbase has created bots that can tell one whether a matchup is good or bad. Its obvious most of the factors the players know are important are not part of matchmaking consideration. Reach out to your good players and use their feedback in coming up with a new system...please.
3) Be more proactive. So many times we’ve seen bad ideas needing to be rolled back. It’s tough to understand where these “overwhelmingly positive” responses are coming from, because it’s certainly not the opinion of the vast majority of the serious money-spending players I am in contact with. Is there a group of respected players that make up an advisory board that these ideas are bounced off of before you’ve wasted time and development pursuing bad ideas? It would take a minute for these players to make it clear when you’re barking up the wrong trees. The result so far in many cases has been an upset player base wondering how the developers could be so out of touch, along with lots of reactive effort to rollback and deviate course.
Some positive notes -
1) New toons have been spot on. Much better than the round of marquees including Holdo, Rose, KRU, FOX, etc... OR and Scoundrels have been really fun to play with and also well worth the effort to build them up.
2) GA was a great idea. The potential is amazing. To further tap into its potential, would suggest a true winner’s bracket formula that eventually results in the best of the best facing off. Would also be amazing to allow for “grudge matches”. Players argue who’s better all the time, but there is currently no way to settle the score. Let guildies or shardmates face off against each other to finally prove it.
3) Mods 2.0 was an amazing update. Thank you for that.
4) QOL enhancements have been much appreciated. Really like not having to scroll through the money packs to complete my dailies. Have stopped using any outside mod management tools because the one in-game is now really well thought out and usable.
This is meant to be constructive. For anyone commenting on this post, would ask that it remain so. Please don’t point out problems without suggesting the fix or enhancements. Let’s not just bash the devs, but let’s also be honest about our experiences.
Thanks for making a great game that so many of us have made a regular part of our daily routines. Thanks for continuing to develop and enhance it to further add value to our investment in you over the past couple of years.