No jtr in Jan.?

Harlow
348 posts Member
So, new calendar update dropped today. Still no jtr. Should we now not expect a drop with bb8?

Replies

• mesa176750 wrote: »

That’s not the official calendar. The official calendar originally had her event starting on the 24th but edited it to remove it. Seeing as how they just added more events without readding the JTR one, I’m going to assume it’s coming in February.
  • They don't announce Hero's Journey events until a week out. Plan on JTR on the 24th, it has coincided with the BB8 event similar to R2/CLS.
  • They don't announce Hero's Journey events until a week out. Plan on JTR on the 24th, it has coincided with the BB8 event similar to R2/CLS.

This. I think they just removed it because they didn’t mean to announce three weeks before the event.
  • jfears2
    186 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    They don't announce Hero's Journey events until a week out. Plan on JTR on the 24th, it has coincided with the BB8 event similar to R2/CLS.

That's for new events or those that have not run more than twice (for example when Revan comes back we will probably not know until a week out). After they have run more than twice they are legacy events or something like that and then they will show up on the calendar (Carrie outlined this some time ago). So if it has been removed from the calendar my guess would be they may be putting something else in its place or it was an errant omission; but it's probably Han's Millennium Falcon legendary.

But honestly who really knows, I'm not even sure CG knows sometimes.
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • jfears2 wrote: »
    They don't announce Hero's Journey events until a week out. Plan on JTR on the 24th, it has coincided with the BB8 event similar to R2/CLS.

That's for new events or those that have not run more than twice (for example when Revan comes back we will probably not know until a week out). After they have run more than twice they are legacy events or something like that and then they will show up on the calendar (Carrie outlined this some time ago). So if it has been removed from the calendar my guess would be they may be putting something else in its place or it was an errant omission; but it's probably Han's Millennium Falcon legendary.

You are wrong...straight from the release cadence dev post:

Hero’s Journeys

Similar to Legendaries and Mythics, we have a concept of a New and Legacy Hero’s Journey.
    The first two runs of a Hero’s Journey we consider New and will give at least a week’s notice before their launch.
    Unlike a Legendary or Mythic, when a Hero’s Journey becomes a Legacy event we will not necessarily post it to the Event Calendar at the beginning of the month. However, the intention is that Hero’s Journey events will return roughly every three to four months after they become a Legacy event and that we will give at least a week’s notice before they return to the game. When we announce the return of the Hero’s Journey event, we will post it on the Event Calendar on the forums.
  • jfears2 wrote: »

Wrong, thats only for legendary events and other lower tier events. Journey events always show up at least weak before star of Journey event.

" Unlike a Legendary or Mythic, when a Hero’s Journey becomes a Legacy event we will not necessarily post it to the Event Calendar at the beginning of the month. However, the intention is that Hero’s Journey events will return roughly every three to four months after they become a Legacy event and that we will give at least a week’s notice before they return to the game. When we announce the return of the Hero’s Journey event, we will post it on the Event Calendar on the forums."

Source:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    jfears2 wrote: »

Hero’s Journeys

Similar to Legendaries and Mythics, we have a concept of a New and Legacy Hero’s Journey.
    The first two runs of a Hero’s Journey we consider New and will give at least a week’s notice before their launch.
    Unlike a Legendary or Mythic, when a Hero’s Journey becomes a Legacy event we will not necessarily post it to the Event Calendar at the beginning of the month. However, the intention is that Hero’s Journey events will return roughly every three to four months after they become a Legacy event and that we will give at least a week’s notice before they return to the game. When we announce the return of the Hero’s Journey event, we will post it on the Event Calendar on the forums.

Thanks for the clarification. I was confusing Legendaries with Hero’s Journeys myself. They probably didn’t mean to anniunce her return so early :D .
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    jfears2 wrote: »

Hero’s Journeys

That's a bit nit picky really; i never stated it would show up on the calendar at the beginning of the month. Her post actually proves me right, it says right there after they announce (the term at least also implies that it is a minimum of a week but could be announced more than a week out) they add it to the calendar... On the other hand before they are legacy events they never go on the calendar even after they have been announced when considered New... which is what I said.

Just look at Luke's hero's Journey this month, it was on the calendar when it was posted on the 2nd and due to launch on the 10th. So if we want to get nit picky I could say you are also wrong; you said they only post hero's events a week out, but that's 8 days notice... which is more than a week.
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • So now that we know JTR returned today what is a "Legacy Event?" Will we be able to replay the CLS and JTR Heroes Journeys for new rewards similar to a mythic Legendary?