Update Tonight

Prev1
The update messaged popped up just as I was clicking something else. When is the update tonight?

Replies

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    It said 2:15 PST.
  • 2:15 their time
  • I love finding out there will be un update from a pop up than from the official forum... things always upside down in this game
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    tonyelogro wrote: »
    I love finding out there will be un update from a pop up than from the official forum... things always upside down in this game

Wait.....there’s an official forum?
  • tonyelogro wrote: »
    I love finding out there will be un update from a pop up than from the official forum... things always upside down in this game

So how are you going to monitor the forums 24/7? At least the game will warn you if you sign in. Keeps you from losing data!

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Is revan came?
    Or c3po gone?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Crumb is most likely working on a content update right now... Expect Canderous and DS Bastilla to be farmable
  • Yeah it's almost like it's more important to put the priority on notifing the millions of potential users in the app before you worry about the 10k users on the forums.
  • Where are the Update notes?
    Oh wait, this must be the one and only great communication
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Lol.

CG: Thirsty? You will have some water in an hour.
    Forums: Why don't I have my water now? At least tell me if it will be carbonated!!! I hate this game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • tonyelogro wrote: »

In game is the perfect place for a notification that an update is coming. People don’t monitor the forums 24/7 and I’m sure there are lots of players that don’t even use the forums at all. Not to mention, people asked for in game notifications on updates for a long time.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Crumb is most likely working on a content update right now... Expect Canderous and DS Bastilla to be farmable

Yeah, either today or in two weeks.
  • Hoping for news on Millenium Falcon... and bye bye Finn/C3PO loop I guess...
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Updates adding the TW/TB that they put on calendar today
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

In game is the perfect place for a notification that an update is coming. People don’t monitor the forums 24/7 and I’m sure there are lots of players that don’t even use the forums at all. Not to mention, people asked for in game notifications on updates for a long time.

Wouldn’t it be more effective if the ingame pop up said visit for forums for more information about the update, while having the update note posted so people don’t make posts asking about the update? They let God and country know an update is coming but no info on it, seems backward to me.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Canderous and Bastilla were only added to Chromium packs 27 days ago, less than 4 weeks. Release cadence is 6 to 8 weeks from release to packs, then 6 to 8 weeks release from packs to farmable location.

HOWEVER, they were put in the packs fairly quickly, after only roughly 30 days, being the quickest toons I can remember to go from release to Chromium packs. I think they did this because the holidays were coming up though.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Lol.

Forums: Why don't I have my water now? At least tell me if it will be carbonated!!! I hate this game.

I want my water carbonited and frozen.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Lol.

This is a very accurate post
  • JediKnight_MarkRyan
    749 posts Member
    edited January 2019

People on the forum complained and asked for an in-game notification for updates... so CG listened to the forum post & put in an in game notification. Now we’re upset again? Which one is it?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

So how are you going to monitor the forums 24/7? At least the game will warn you if you sign in. Keeps you from losing data!

People on the forum complained and asked for an in-game notification for updates... so CG listened to the forum post & put in an in game notification. Now we’re upset again? Which one is it?

This is a very accurate representation of the forums on every situation.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    Bomber and or anakin shop beffe old rep
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Why is it wrong to expect both?
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Wouldn’t it be more effective if the ingame pop up said visit for forums for more information about the update, while having the update note posted so people don’t make posts asking about the update? They let God and country know an update is coming but no info on it, seems backward to me.

Considering that there isn't any information posted yet in the forums about the update, then that would seem to be very ineffective. There would be 10 threads immediately posted in the forums asking about the update and where they could find the information that the in-game notification told them to come to the forums to find.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Why is it wrong to expect both?

Haha yeah, the forum community isn't a single entity with singular opinions. It's lots and lots of different people of different ages
  • I just wish that the in game pop up wasn't so easy to dismiss. I wish you had to click the ok or "x" buttons before it would disappear.
  • it’ll be interesting if they release bastilla fallen and duke nukem now with ships about to be panic farmed. imagining with sith month upcoming that people will mass farm ships in hope of OG falcon and whatever it’s requirements are and then BAM hit with sith month needing those two new toons.. it’s a pick your battles situation. Personally, i’ll be farming characters over ships if those are released. Revan was too worthwhile to miss out on another major release aside from ships.
  • Rafini wrote: »
    it’ll be interesting if they release bastilla fallen and duke nukem now with ships about to be panic farmed. imagining with sith month upcoming that people will mass farm ships in hope of OG falcon and whatever it’s requirements are and then BAM hit with sith month needing those two new toons.. it’s a pick your battles situation. Personally, i’ll be farming characters over ships if those are released. Revan was too worthwhile to miss out on another major release aside from ships.

I bet they are made farmable just so you have to choose. I'm definitely focusing on darth revan/malak. Falcoln can remain 5 stars until next time if needed.

Shooting for 6 refreshes a day for the panic farm for kotor depending on energy. I have aboit 22k saved up and get almost another 800 to 900 a day. So it should be doable.
  • Rafini wrote: »
    it’ll be interesting if they release bastilla fallen and duke nukem now with ships about to be panic farmed. imagining with sith month upcoming that people will mass farm ships in hope of OG falcon and whatever it’s requirements are and then BAM hit with sith month needing those two new toons.. it’s a pick your battles situation. Personally, i’ll be farming characters over ships if those are released. Revan was too worthwhile to miss out on another major release aside from ships.

I bet they are made farmable just so you have to choose. I'm definitely focusing on darth revan/malak. Falcoln can remain 5 stars until next time if needed.

Shooting for 6 refreshes a day for the panic farm for kotor depending on energy. I have aboit 22k saved up and get almost another 800 to 900 a day. So it should be doable.

I’d definitely think so at that rate!