Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• I got a bad feeling about this...
  • They might only consider the negativity after players have tried it
  • Shantaram wrote: »
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    Please keep comments within the TOS (That means no profanity, no refund/compensation requests, no closing wallet posts, no boycotts or encouraging people not to play the game, no EA/DEV/CG/MOD bashing, no sexual references). Posts that violate will be edited or removed by mods. If you need to review what the rules are, I have posted the links below:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines#latest

http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service

Your developers refuse to actually engage abd EA support refused to let me complain about their decision / conduct. If this is the way they behave, please tell people what else you're expecting to see here, exactly?

No reply = no surprise = further action to obviously be taken outside of the accepted channels / rules. It's obvious to all but the....no, that insult was going to contravene forum rules!

So your telling me this public forum isn't a public forum? Looks like the fan base needs to make a real swgoh forum!
  • This has to be a parody on the voting system in America. Right? We never really had a good choice to begin with and no matter the results we will still be disappointed.

Can we not do this? Please? @god
  • Dazewalker wrote: »
    If they are going to remove toons for this TW they should also remove the GP those toons provide in the matchmaking equations. That is upwards of 400k GP per guild member if you have all 20 of those toons fully geared and could be the difference of 20m GP in some guilds.

That would drop your rewards too, do not really a good solution

So adjust the rewards... That would be the easiest solution... Otherwise I'd rather have a chance to win, not stuck facing a guild who developed toons not banned when our toons we've busted our tails to develop for TW are boat anchors around our necks...
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    HowieWan wrote: »
    No characters are being "banned." A small number of characters are being temporarily rotated out of TW. Important difference.

Did anyone ever say banned permanently from everything? 😂
    They're pushing forward with this, against most people's wishes, which will set a precedent in restricting players toons.
    Do you really think they'd set this up to only use once? Expect to see restrictions everywhere else in the near future..

Perhaps c3p0 will be the next.. From the Sith raid, for sure, maybe even arena.
  • Ok Children, what have we learned today?
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    This is dumb da da dumb dumb dumb. Congrats CG. Way to listen...
  • Ok Children, what have we learned today?

The world is flat again- CGs proved it
  • That's how mafia works
  • I love the experiment... keep it up as it makes playing this game interesting. Keep the dopamine flowing because those not wanting to change either are on some power trip or are typical non-change agents... which possibly results in things becoming boring and people falling off. Would love to see the operational data after the changes, e.g. persistency of players, spend, etc. Well done guys, keep it up.
  • Glauron wrote: »
    Here is the issue - lots of people paid lots of money for Revan. Lots of people spent lots of time (and money) farming Traya. Now you are banning them both from arguably the most important part of the game (guild-based PVP). Guilds are why many people stay in this game and stay engaged. That is why TW is so important (I love GA but TW is more vital to the game's health).

Banning hard-earned or expensively-bought toons from a vital game event is poor planning. Please instead think up creative buffs like you did for Mace, CUP etc. Those got near-universal applause, this has received near-universal condemnation.

Ummm... didn't you vote? Remember the community voted for these characters to be removed, not CG
  • 72yfb1zbu2ay.gif
    He is looking for my Bounty Hunters...
  • Where do I vote, this is one of the most **** changes. Oh no it's closed already.

...... won't say more because everyone had said enough that I can't find what to say.

Who is reading these threads, maybe another developer except CG.

Please publish a list of those who voted to make a shake with them.
  • 72yfb1zbu2ay.gif

Be very very quiet I'm looking for toxic fans
  • Gannon wrote: »
    No characters are being "banned." A small number of characters are being temporarily rotated out of TW. Important difference.

They're pushing forward with this, against most people's wishes, which will set a precedent in restricting players toons.
    Do you really think they'd set this up to only use once? Expect to see restrictions everywhere else in the near future..

Dude relax, it's for this month alone and who knows what this could do for the community... they need to experiment in order to keep us entertained... sadly your dopamine dries up with things staying the same. Sometimes you have to go against the will of the people or else you find yourself sitting in the dark ages with no one to battle against in TW in truth. This is for the greater good, not you alone. So even though the community complained, once upon a time, men also complained why women should be allowed to vote. To create an awesome community for you and the thousands of other dedicated players, this must happen to keep things interesting.
  • 72yfb1zbu2ay.gif

LOL same...
  • EldelSable wrote: »
    It’s evident no one likes it

Nope, I love it and so do many others in the forums. Perhaps read some posts than looking for a confirmation biased review of people's take on TW... see my other responses why I think this is a great idea
  • Choices literally removed EVERY decent team I currently use. I totally don't care if we don't get enough guild members joining this time.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    stephrad wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »

Dude relax, it's for this month alone and who knows what this could do for the community... they need to experiment in order to keep us entertained... sadly your dopamine dries up with things staying the same. Sometimes you have to go against the will of the people or else you find yourself sitting in the dark ages with no one to battle against in TW in truth. This is for the greater good, not you alone. So even though the community complained, once upon a time, men also complained why women should be allowed to vote. To create an awesome community for you and the thousands of other dedicated players, this must happen to keep things interesting.

I thought I was pretty relaxed.. 😂
    The toon restrictions aren't gong to hurt my teams or ability to win in TW..

The fact that they're restricting the use of toons that take large amounts of time/money really bothers me tho.

As you all your other points, you're saying that restrictions were the only way they can improve the game and keep it fun? Have some imagination man. There's a million better ways..
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Aethrwolf wrote: »
    Choices literally removed EVERY decent team I currently use. I totally don't care if we don't get enough guild members joining this time.
    Be creative. For example:

First Order Officer is banned but you can replace him with zeta Bariss or Dark Side Bastilla (gives +50% Defense/Tenacity to KRU)

I'm not going to give more ideas because I'm saving a lot of them but there is a lot of interesting toons you can use that you wouldn't use before
  • Madgamer990
    27 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    APX_919 wrote: »
    APX_919 wrote: »
    JJBagger01 wrote: »
    This is absolutely insane! Those who paid money for those toons now should pursue refunds

For what purpose? This is little difference from being unable to use LS toons on DS nodes, the difference being this is not permanent in TW's case. It is one game mode out of many and this is, after all, a game. My observation is sure to be an unpopular one because it sounds to be in support of CG. I am less enthused about the changes than this post infers but this is a game, not real life. There's more cause to complain about the OG Falcon's requirements (was 3 ships but now is 4...I know they initially meant 4 but 3 gave us such hope for having a bone thrown our way.)

Are you in high school? The money we spend on this is in real life

Sadly, no. Long out of high school so basic economics and legal precedents with tortable actions is a tad fuzzy. I was completely unaware that CG was requiring folks to pay money to play this game and buy their toons to be used in all modes. Revan being banned everywhere is a cause for concern not to mention GK, Raid Han and Traya...

...wait, hold on. F2p folks got Revan too? They didn't pay money for him? And Revan is available in TWs after this one? Same with Traya and friends? Ah. It makes sense now. I see where people are coming from now.

People pay to get to competitive ranks in this game. F2p player have little place in this discussion as they aren't paying the Dev's wages, as much as you enjoy playing for free, they won't sick around for you guys with out the people who put a roof over their heads.

More than this, as I have already stated on only pay small amounts, which are intended to support Cg, but give very little progress to my account, a 3$ Crystal pack every two weeks really doesn't do much and I largely still consider myself as in the f2p player bracket considering 6 months of inactivity when the game got a bit stale a couple years back.

I have found these results will be punishing focused guilds whose players have speant every bit of free crystal and time on growing the most effective, rather than quickest, characters for their roster, striking out the specific teams that allow them to overcome massive amounts of IAP offensive squads, I was a 1m gp player fighting in the 100gp+ bracket just under a year ago, with my totally free MT NS team scoring upto 15 battles and still standing at the end, then before Twar stopped and all this kitten, no one would even try my bastila team, I doesn't the last year and a half pouring blood sweat and tears into making 4 teams that could stand in my now 150mgp guild, and I just got there too, now each one of these teams is dashed, every single one of them, Im happy revan and traya are gone, where's my god damned Han solo? NS zombie? Darth nihilus? Or jolle? What about Gk? The point isn't that whales can't use their rediculos god teams, it's that those that deserve the win are getting left to wave our flags on the sideline while those who have farmed less than best or more than 5 characters for one team are going to clean up.
    Why are they rewarding the stupid over the diligent
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Im happy revan and traya are gone, where's my god damned Han solo? NS zombie? Darth nihilus? Or jolle? What about Gk? The point isn't that whales can't use their rediculos god teams, it's that those that deserve the win are getting left to wave our flags on the sideline while those who have farmed less than best or more than 5 characters for one team are going to clean up.
    Why are they rewarding the stupid over the diligent
    Keep in mind, Revan, Traya, Nihilus, Jolee were voted out by the players. Han Solo and Enfys was taken out by the devs
  • stephrad wrote: »
    EldelSable wrote: »
    It’s evident no one likes it

Nope, I love it and so do many others in the forums. Perhaps read some posts than looking for a confirmation biased review of people's take on TW... see my other responses why I think this is a great idea

I read your posts and I'm failing to see a coherent reason why we should be excited for FUN TW. Your responses completely ignore the concerns that a good 90% of people have been bringing up. "Many others?" I've seen maybe five others supporting this idea on the forums.
    Also, are we really going to compare the hostility to this TW to the hostility against women's suffrage in the 1880s-1900s? Really?
  • As a whale, spending in the 5-digit figures, it has finally happened that CG is penalizing players for spending money.

CG, are you actually insane?

The simplest example is Revan. Like many others, I spent hundreds of dollars to unlock the most exclusive character to date in order to use in PvP, to gain an advantage in battle and now you have (and yes, I blame you exclusively since there are many more players without Revan) banned him from being playable in this round of TW.

By banning P2P characters, you are penalizing the players who are keeping this game running.

You are driving this game into the ground. I'm not sure who signs off on these decisions but their lack of business acumen is grossly immature.

You have dissuaded me from spending any more money in this game - I'm done.

Thanks for saving me from future anguish as I will continue as F2P from now on.

*golf clap*
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    I’ll start of by saying I’ve spent a stupid amount since January 2018 and look back at this point annoyed, but whatever it was fun and when you break it down to dollars of enjoyment per day and how much I make I was ok with it, until today. My roster is probably a top 25-50 of all accounts created in 2018 in terms of the quality of my characters and am at 3.6m gp. But never again, no chance in hell I ever pay for an advantage going forward. A TW win is a 50% improvement on the zeta rewards and the reason I go all out on it and you’ve destroyed my roster and teams. I understand this is just one time, but it’s one time for now as some **** may come up with a similar or even worse idea to tweak TW in the future and you are proving yourself incapable of renouncing a poor decision. I am 100% ok with tweaking TW for FUN, minus or positive stats for certain portions of the zones, offense vs defense uses, something else, literally anything but this crap you’ve flung onto us.

I’ve said this in multiple places, and it boils down to one of three scenarios.

1. You’ve lost touch as a player and what the community wants
    2. You don’t play, and are unaware of what the community wants
    3. Your management has a toxic environment where subordinates aren’t able to voice concerns on their managers **** ideas.

My revan team is gone
    My troopers team suffers without stark
    My defensive BH team suffers without dengar
    Never geared hk
    My Traya team is gone
    My offensive BH team suffers and now it practically combines to 1 team without ig88, Jango, and dengar
    My bastilla team suffers so combine my Jedi to form 1 good team I guess ( anakin was anti nest anyway )
    My anti traya team suffers but who cares now right? She’s banned
    Look, my sith suck even more now with nihilius gone, why not take sion too....
    NS is done without zombie bunch of garbage now maybe there is hope.... ( nope )
    Poor jolee, good thing I have one Jedi team anyway hopefully more get banned at this point.
    Shoretrooper is with my emp team, o well.
    GK, o well it’s one team of Jedi now anyway.
    Look another NS gone, the entire team is done and can’t recoup from this.
    FOO is done, impacts my FO team. Wish I had zbarris because it could still survive....
    Jango is gone, all the work I did for 2 teams is pooped on.
    Han Solo, might as well have taken chewie with you.
    Never geared fulcrum
    Nest is gone I just don’t even care at this point
    Crap, FO took another hit, good thing I didn’t have zbarris after all.

3 gear 11 banned
    15 gear 12 banned
    12 zetas banned
    12 teams impacted ( yes some can be combined )

Here is the data, look at the poll of what your community wants from you how can you even ignore this?

https://www.strawpoll.me/17164497

• Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Isn't there a megathread for this?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Pretty sure your not alone with your anger
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    The megathread is about the disdain of the upcoming TW, this is a message as to why I will not spend going forward.
This discussion has been closed.