Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Aethrwolf wrote: »
    Choices literally removed EVERY decent team I currently use. I totally don't care if we don't get enough guild members joining this time.
    Be creative. For example:

First Order Officer is banned but you can replace him with zeta Bariss or Dark Side Bastilla (gives +50% Defense/Tenacity to KRU)

I'm not going to give more ideas because I'm saving a lot of them but there is a lot of interesting toons you can use that you wouldn't use before

Not sure if Ultra is trying to sabotage other players by screwing up two potential teams, or truly doesn't know that Kylo Ren isn't Sith. Fallen Bastila's leader support ONLY applies to Sith in the leadership slot.

And First Order Officer AND FO Stormtrooper are both out. So that'll make the FO team a bit tricky, but if you've trained up FO SF Tie Fighter, then that's a potential option to maintain a full FO team. Captain Phasma being a generic leader is an option for a whole other team. So far I've been able to piece together about 15 teams I can use in this TW. But we shall see how that works across my whole guild.

Not to say this situation doesn't make me grumble, because it does. Giving us bonuses for certain characters is a cool thing, but taking away a substantial group of characters is bad juju.

mpaqz1rh7ip0.png
    Seems no sith leader required for 50% defense and tenacity.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Aethrwolf wrote: »
    Choices literally removed EVERY decent team I currently use. I totally don't care if we don't get enough guild members joining this time.
    Be creative. For example:

First Order Officer is banned but you can replace him with zeta Bariss or Dark Side Bastilla (gives +50% Defense/Tenacity to KRU)

I'm not going to give more ideas because I'm saving a lot of them but there is a lot of interesting toons you can use that you wouldn't use before

Not sure if Ultra is trying to sabotage other players by screwing up two potential teams, or truly doesn't know that Kylo Ren isn't Sith. Fallen Bastila's leader support ONLY applies to Sith in the leadership slot.

And First Order Officer AND FO Stormtrooper are both out. So that'll make the FO team a bit tricky, but if you've trained up FO SF Tie Fighter, then that's a potential option to maintain a full FO team. Captain Phasma being a generic leader is an option for a whole other team. So far I've been able to piece together about 15 teams I can use in this TW. But we shall see how that works across my whole guild.

Not to say this situation doesn't make me grumble, because it does. Giving us bonuses for certain characters is a cool thing, but taking away a substantial group of characters is bad juju.

Not sure about you , but a simple glance at bastila fallen’s unique clearly states the char in the leader slot gains the def and tenacity, THEN. Goes on to talk about IF that chat is Sith, the rest applies,. .so . . . .
  • Way to go on deleting so many comments!
  • Banning characters this TW is literally rendering me completely useless to my guild thus TW (which I'm new to due to a recent change).

I've been playing for under 6 months, am level 84 with just over 500k GP. I reached this GP by focusing hard on a select few teams a sopposed to boosting a ton of teams due to limited resources resulting from beung new-ish to the game. I havent had the in game energy to farm back up toons for my teams to reasonable star/gear levels, and havent had the credits to level up the few back ups i have to respectable levels. The teams i've focused in are as follows:

Jango lead Bounty Hunters (main arena team). 6* zeta Jango (banned) 7* dengar (banned) 7* boba 7* Cad and 7* Greedo
    -Only toons i can afford to lose here are cad/greedo, as zam and embo can replace them. The fetts and dengar are my key members that are actually useful, the others are placeholders until i can farm bossk and finish embos farm
    -crippled by loss of Jango AND Dengar, literally my 2 highest GP toons.
    -Team is dead this TW.

Bastila lead jedi
    -crippled by loss of General Kenobi and Jolee. Havent been able to farm enough other jedi to replace both of them so...
    -team is dead this TW

Nightsisters (low *s due to farming bounty and jedi primarily, so not viable defense)
    -Asaj and Zombie banned. Zombie lets the team survive to kill at least 1 toon usually and sometimes secure a full win. Asaj was the only one 7* on the team. Wasnt a great team yet, but was my 3rd or 4th best in TWs.
    -Team is 100% dead this TW

Misc. grab bag team
    - not a great team, b7t usually good for sniping a low-mid gp team and saving guild mates one of their squads, which are usually better
    - 5* Palp lead, 5* Thrawn, 7* Vader, 5* Han, 5* Chewy. Not amazing, but surprisingly effective for an emergency/tertiary situation. Losimg Han effectively kills Chewy as well, and dont have anything leveled/geared/modded/starred enough to be a suitable replacement other than a 6* C.Starck (slowly working on troopers via non-crystal shipments, but its been slow with shipment luck) i could sink resources into... oh wait, he's banned too...
    - team is effectively dead

Phoenix
    -literally just finished the shard farming and have been too busy gearing BH and Jedi to get them past gear 7-8. Currently level 75, goal was 7* thrawn/Palp on next rotation
    -team was never viable due to low levels given guild's high gp leading to stiff competition

I've been rendered literally useless this TW, which us particularly concerning to me as a new guild member, since being inactive/useless in my first TW withthus guild could lead to me being kicked.

Tell me CG: how is this "more fun"? How is it "more fun" to be completely removed from a TW due to having zero remaining good teams? How is it "more fun" for me to have to worry about my security in a guild becasue forces outside my control rendered me useless? Please. Someone, anyone at CG tell me how this is gonna be "more fun"?
  • No one said we wanted this. I'm pretty sure that 99% of the community said they didn't want this. And yet you've heard our pleas to not go forward with this TW banning characters and just go back to giving us different "Faction" bonuses. And you have just basically said the following:

"We at CG have heard all your concerns about the upcoming TW.. But... We don't give a flying crap what you want. We are going to go ahead and ban all the characters that you have invested so much time (and some money) into."

We have worked hard to gear and level specific characters and now you are banning them from what "used" to be the best game mode. You are turning TW into a joke and we, the community despise you for it.
  • Been playing for 2 and a half years and EA has undone all my hard work in one move. Thanks guys(!)
  • I think they have made a fundamental error. Let’s say 5% paid Revan, (95% did not) their voting system basically means the group most upset will be the big spenders because although everyone with revan wants him kept 95% don’t.
    As a business model it’s basically biting the hand that feeds them.
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    peharps I lost something... 15 pages of disusted comments and no CG reply?!?

Yes, there is still a problem of lack of comunication...
  • Just don't do it. There wouldn't be any better way to show that you listen to the community
  • This is ridiculous.
    I won’t register this time, I’d be useless due to the bans.
    We should boycott this TW.
  • Hoood
    25 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    No words for this
  • Most useless change i saw in this game since it was launched. But maybe they will offer players the opportunity to play TW as usual for a bunch of cristals ;);)
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    Hoood wrote: »
    Are they **** serious? I need to win 1 battle with Han Solo and 2 battles with GK on Offene for my quest to be finished so that i can get the 2 pieces of G12... but now i wont be able to do it, because you ruled them out - probably same thing for other people regarding Traya... CG you are so **** stupid, banning heroes that are needed for quest... well done... well done... now go **** yourself

that quest is for GA, not TW...

• Hoood
    25 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Tarah wrote: »
    that quest is for GA, not TW...

****, somebody already responded...., i realized that a bit too late... still, **** em, right? :D

• Dear CG, it is not a weak move to stop this before you make your community even more angry as they already are.

Please consider that amount of time you force nearly all TW players for remodding. We must create sets for all banned chars to get them back into normal shape after this TW. We need to create mod sets for all chars that we move new sets to just for this TW. Then the chars we move them to will have had sets that afterwards need to be moved to a weaker char which will not be that weak anymore during this TW. And all this does not even consider that often we cannot just move a complete set as the target char might need something a bit different.

So everyone taking TW seriously will be forced to remod for hours....this is NOT fun. Besides all the other facts already mentioned.
  • As someone who has only about 1.6m GP, and has been playing for just shy of 1 year, with the current bans, I can't actually make a SINGLE viable team... GG CG
  • brainless, what a dumb move.
  • I hate this style. Ruins TW completely. People clearly don't want it, so please listen to us CG.

sad5lmp474p6.gif
  • So all my best toons are gone... cool, love it... NOT !
  • Lol, man if a tenth of this energy would go into brainstorming, . . . Might be on to something,
  • I don't like this either. This change has negative taste. Like extra tax or speeding ticket.
    Would have been much better / positive to vote for characters to improve. We loved the Windu/Dooku/CUP bonus. It was nice to play with them.

Giving is always better than taking away.
  • Shimrra
    109 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    EA/CG you might be kidding when you said community create this TW. Majority of the community said that's the worst idea ever. 2 options, you are stupid or you need to learn how the read
  • This is what noone wanted...
  • This is the worst idea that developers could think of.
  • The TWExit. I think we all know now that Holding a Referendum mostly results in weird and bad things.

I didn't read all of the thousands of Posts about it but some things from my side for future TWs.

1. SWGOH is a copycat game. 99% copy Teams from boards, discord Servers, etc. I wonder how many Players start learning about this an hour before preparation Phase Ends (even if we will get an ingame message on the banned chars). Could you provide us with a statistics about the number of four man Teams set on def afterwards please?
    2. It's much easier to adjust to additions in forms of buffs instead of bans. This has imho nothing to do with giving or taking but with the structure of the game. It is so much easier to put a buffed char into an existing Team than to remove a char from a Team. Most Players that have Revan can probably replace him with Bastila, Yoda or GM lead but replacing the Zombie in a Sisters Team or Bossk lead in a BH Team can be much more difficult.
    3. Synergies. This game is about synergies between chars. By banning Han Chewy has lost at least 30% of his value.
    4. There are many People in the game, even if it's a small percentage, that work hard on finding the best combinations. Doing that in the new Scenario is virtually impossible. Please give us a Training mode where you can set up any Opponent Team (with dummy mods), choose your chars and go. This would really ease Team building in this game.
    5. Maybe you should Experiment with less drastical nerfs. All plus health is lowered by 50%. All chars get -25% Efficiency. Etc. Everyone can Keep their Teams but if you decide to invest your time in Research you will get better results.
    6. Introduce TW seasons of maybe two months. Keep the rules stable for The season.Give us some form of ranking that resets after the season or rewards based on total Banners or whatever.

I hope These ideas help you understand our side of the game.

P.S.: Sorry for the random upper case. Your editor did that to the text.
  • Lol, man if a tenth of this energy would go into brainstorming, . . . Might be on to something,

If the devs actually put any effort into thinking of original ideas to make TW interesting rather than just excluding toons, this would be a non issue. But of course we shouldn’t expect them to listen to ideas all over social media and public forums or anything like that
  • Yay, Revan banned : D
This discussion has been closed.