Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I really like what you're doing, CG. I hope you read this. I think this is fun and interesting. I look forward to other experiments, and seeing how you combine them.

I think you have the beginnings of a great way to keep the game fresh without constantly adding new characters. I can only imagine how TW would play out if you limit certain characters, but make others more powerful with TW bonuses. And that's just the first two experiments!

I can't wait to see what else you come up with.
  • Well I certainly hope CG doesn't start giving out free crystals. No one wants free crystals.

Pssst if we say we don't want stuff that we do want we will get it.

I do hope along with the free crystals they don't give us a General Grievous rework.

And PLEASE don’t give us Grevious’ capital ship
  • Nice. 40% of my G12 arena team. And this will be our guild's first TW. Thanks for the great incentive to build rosters, CG.
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I hope they will calculate the active GM of the toons above 6k avaiable and not of the whole roster, without the polls removed. It was already a poor calculation in the ships free GA, that the whole GP were used, despite the fact that just toons were usable. If they do not take the poll into account, the matchmaking will be pure crap and the flaming will be even cracier as it is already.
    And if they forget to adjust the number of teams per region to lower numbers it will be even more crap.

I already do not like the removing of the chars, as almost one third of my G11+ toons are gone in this new TW mode. This is more than half a year of gearing toons!
  • Lol, All this for one TW ,. . Is so cute it’s comical

You are obviously not a TW player. Please refrain yourself.
    How very sad it is that we are being told that we can not use certain toons that we have spent our time, energy, and money on. What a poor choice by the game developers to restrict the use of certain toons because less developed players whom lack the ability to strategize and develop squads, are complaining about fairness. My previous post was deleted by the moderators. The goal is to voice my dissatisfaction, along with thousands of other pay to play players! Just think about what you are saying and doing game developers? You are telling all of us pay to play players that we are not allowed to use the Toons that we have paid to upgrade, Money, time, effort, strategy, etc. How sad!

↑ that!!!
  • Banning characters doesn't make this game mode more fun, it actually makes the game less fun. What made the clone wars TW so fun was the Bonuses to clone wars characters.

We didn't take the time to gear up characters, not to use them.
    This banning characters. Is the dumbest thing you guys ever thought of.

Let us have fun and remove a tire from your vehicle.
  • I'm looking forward to this TW. Having to Theorycraft some teams is a big part of why people like TW. It is funny when people say "I spent all this money on Revan to build up my roster...." He's 1/168 of your roster. Spending on one toon is not developing your roster.
  • There was a poll? Lol, I didn't even realize it or vote. I thought they were just deciding.

"CG: coming up with new ways to ruin a good game since August of 2017."

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • CG : welcome to 2019. This is the beginning of your end.
  • The problem with this idea is it cripples some key squads: First order, bounty hunters, nightsisters, imperial troopers. Many have only 5 characters farmed for each faction, so they are hurt by these restrictions. If you continued this idea, but limited it to only ONE character per faction, people wouldn't be so upset, because they wouldn't be losing a whole squad. You could easily plug a barris or second taunter into any squad and make it work.
    Losing FO officer + FO stormtrooper, deathtrooper + shoretrooper, asajj + zombie, dengar + IG88, that creates a lot of empty holes and a lot of unhappy people that have less viable squads to use.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    So... what will they ruin next? Actually what's left? Lol
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    My best team is droids. Four of my only five g12 characters are droids. HK-47 got banned, making all of the other droids useless. Thanks, GG. You took out my whole team by removing the only good droid lead.
  • Slazbacca wrote: »
    The problem with this idea is it cripples some key squads: First order, bounty hunters, nightsisters, imperial troopers. Many have only 5 characters farmed for each faction, so they are hurt by these restrictions. If you continued this idea, but limited it to only ONE character per faction, people wouldn't be so upset, because they wouldn't be losing a whole squad. You could easily plug a barris or second taunter into any squad and make it work.
    Losing FO officer + FO stormtrooper, deathtrooper + shoretrooper, asajj + zombie, dengar + IG88, that creates a lot of empty holes and a lot of unhappy people that have less viable squads to use.

TW has always been about hybrid teams, straight FO or NS or BH teams have easy counters
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    llldmelll wrote: »
    Lol, All this for one TW ,. . Is so cute it’s comical

You are obviously not a TW player. Please refrain yourself.

Also cute.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    Slazbacca wrote: »
    The problem with this idea is it cripples some key squads: First order, bounty hunters, nightsisters, imperial troopers. Many have only 5 characters farmed for each faction, so they are hurt by these restrictions. If you continued this idea, but limited it to only ONE character per faction, people wouldn't be so upset, because they wouldn't be losing a whole squad. You could easily plug a barris or second taunter into any squad and make it work.

TW has always been about hybrid teams, straight FO or NS or BH teams have easy counters

Seriously? I have yet to see a hybrid team that you claim TW is supposedly about that’s not a backrow trash team.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Lol, All this for one TW ,. . Is so cute it’s comical

It's interesting to see that the majority of players who like the upcoming TW idea are those with 1.000+ posts in this forum. This means they are playing for a long time, maybe even cashed to the game. These people have tons of viable characters and can easily build teams even with this restrictions, so for them it's new and entertaining to get characters banned.

The problem with that is that most of the players of the game are nowhere close to end game while long time players just shrug and move on. What really is annoying are those who just think they are the elitism and go like 'Your poverty **** me of' and start attacking others who don't like the idea at all. Go and get some better behaviour i say, not everyone is rich and famous.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves.
  • Comet19 wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »

Seriously? I have yet to see a hybrid team that you claim TW is supposedly about that’s not a backrow trash team.

There’s been a handful, mostly during the early days of the game. Poe and droids, Zader dot teams, etc. I can only think of a few current meta hybrid teams like JTR with droids; they’re few and niche. Certainly not the norm. Sticking a random plug and play character like GK into a team doesn’t count.

Hybrid teams were far more common Before last years mass power creep- i.e., a healer was only good at healing.

New toons get so much kit and synergy it's rare to see them mixed
  • Hey CG, how about you just leave TW alone, the community loves this game mode as is. If you want to experiment do it with your new GA.
  • Comet19 wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »

There are a lot of Hybrids built specifically to counter oppposing rosters. For example, it's common to set B2 and/or Baze on BH teams to help counter Troopers. Zariss can go on FO teams, so can Hoda. Nest can be plugged into BH / NS or Scoundrel teams. So there are plenty of hybrids out there to help negate specific counters.

**Disclaimer: I still believe this change to TW is kitten. It's so kitten-ed up its practically a cat and a 1/2.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    lmao they closed the mega thread for Territory Wars 😂 😂

That was me, figured you could use the two new threads to continue ;)

Also I noticed the entire thread is gone. Spells a rather bad image if you ask me. (nothing personal but this is an observation)

Already affected my guild.. Oh well ;)
  • So money spent on characters for TW can't use. Zetas spent on toons for TW can't use. My wife and i stopping spending till normal. Most of guild agrees as well. Hope CG changes it to normal. Love the game and want to play of course but just lost most my interest in it
  • Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    DEV POST
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes,

Thank you for all your feedback on the event and for joining us as we experiment with mixing up the Territory Wars formula. This in an ongoing process that we will continue to iterate on. The Territory Wars after this one will have a different structure but we want to let you know that this something we will continue to change over time and is definitely not set in stone.

Now the exciting conclusion! And the winner of the Community Poll is… BoatyMcboatFace… no that’s not right but we have the results for who you want to include in this Territory War! (Don’t worry, we removed all the bot votes for Boaty and Ugnaught.)

Please note that the January Calendar has been updated and the the preview phase for this special Territory Wars event will start on January 14th. See the updated calendar here.

Poll Results:
    The following characters were chosen by the community to remain available for this Territory War:

7fm4OK5.png

Our Picks:
    • GROUP 2: Ezra Bridger, Count Dooku, Sith Trooper, Kylo Ren
    • GROUP 3: Boba Fett, Hermit Yoda, Snowtrooper, First Order Executioner
    • GROUP 4: Bastila Shan, Wampa, Resistance Trooper, Tie Fighter Pilot

Unavailable Characters:
    The following characters were included in the poll but were not chosen by the community or Capital Games. These characters will be unavailable for the next Territory Wars:
    • Group 1: Jedi Knight Revan, Colonel Starck, Dengar, HK-47
    • Group 4: Darth Traya, IG-88, Jedi Knight Anakin, Death Trooper
    • Group 8: Darth Nihilus, Nightsister Zombie, Jolee, Shorestrooper
    • Group 10: General Kenobi, Asajj Ventress, First Order Officer, Jango Fett
    • CG’s Group: Han Solo, Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum), Enfys Nest, First Order Stormtrooper
    CG_SvenGG wrote: »

Hi everyone, I’m Sven. You may remember me as the designer behind Bastila Shan (Fallen).

I wanted to provide a little more context for why we chose the groups we did for our picks.

We knew going in that we wanted to avoid overly punishing certain teams (for example: eliminating Bastila after Revan was removed would be more punishing for Jedi than we wanted). We also noticed that the general pattern of community voting was to target some of the most frustrating characters to play against. Of all the characters in the Capital Games groups, Enfys Nest stood out as falling into a similarly frustrating play pattern while not directly disabling or targeting specific squads, so we decided to keep the other three groups. Have fun in the Cantina! We’ll be paying attention to your feedback as we continue to explore new ways to keep Territory Wars fresh and fun.

DEV POST

Sure, ban toons we've worked hard to farm specifically because they are tough and call it fun.

Thrilled as always. :/
  • **Disclaimer: I still believe this change to TW is kitten. It's so kitten-ed up its practically a cat and a 1/2.

LOL I might need to use that in the future.
    Maybe it’s because I’m not in one of these 100mil+ GP guilds that I haven’t seen these. But still, the fact remains that this hurts early to mid-game players, and maybe long-term F2P. Like I have 5 FO toons. 2 of them are now banned. So that team is pretty much shot.
  • UV_
    24 posts Member
    I find the decision outrageous, and I'm not even sure that it"s legal to take such decisions against the players.
    We have invested real money to develop some toons for T-war and now lots of the key ones are simply removed from the list.
    This is not OK and for sure we, players, have some measures to prevent it.
    It's not funny unless the admins like to make fun of us.
    And the poll was joke. Did you make it clear in advance that you'd ban characters? What is this???
    EA, you managed to mess it up big time. Again.
This discussion has been closed.